Is smoking and drinking a sin

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Is smoking and drinking a sin. Can you go to hell for it? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

No. Is the short answer.

A longer answer is smoking is bad for you. Drink as a social thing to do is ok, but getting drunk is a no no.

Going to hell? That is where everyone who is not a Christian will go.

Are you a Christian?  By that I do not mean you are white and live in the west, sometimes going to church.

A Christian is someone who has committed themselves to follow Jesus as their Saviour and Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,403
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I agree with Who me on this. The Bible does speak out against drunkenness while at the same time saying a little can fine, so moderation is the key. The Bible also tells us that our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19, speaking in reference to sexual immorality).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 5/3/2019 at 11:56 AM, Ryan2203 said:

Imperfect people cannot live in Heaven, to get there, you must be not only forgiven but transformed. Trust Jesus--He died a horrible death on the cross for our sin, guilt, shame--our imperfection. He rose from the dead! You can pray to Him for salvation and He hears!

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 5/3/2019 at 4:56 PM, Ryan2203 said:

Yes anything that is not of faith is sin. Faith isnt just spiritual things but natural things too.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

Heard a pastor say smoking won’t send you to hell it will just make you smell like you have been there,.

Drunkeness can lead to sin, first thing Noah did after getting off of the ark was plant a vineyard and get drunk, nothing good came from that.. but That wasn’t because of Noah

Smoking I have struggled with off and on , sometimes I buy a whole pack smoke 2 and the Holy Spirit says “ you don’t need this” I end up turning on the sink and drowning the pack.

People would say “ your body is a temple of God and you are hurting the temple “ therefore it’s a sin

others say “ anything that is addictive is a form of idolatry because it takes the place of God as number 1 in your life”

I think God knows what is in your heart, we cope in many ways- i like to workout , I don’t need alcohol to cope, I don’t need cigarettes unless I have a moment of weakness.

I don’t surround my Spirit with those temptations or watch tv that I might be tempted with commercials trying to push me into sin

God knows what you are all about, If you are doing it just to be disobedient to him, rejecting The spirit he will know it

Will smoking and drinking send you to hell?

I don’t believe it will, But it can lead to sins ( especially drunkenness) 

Thats my thoughts 

SHALOM❤️

Edited by MrBear

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

The bible does not talk about smoking.  But it's basically if we are enslaved to smoking like an idol (as opposed to just enjoyment once in awhile).  The former is sin. This can go for anything.  Proof as to this idea is your second part, is drinking a sin?  No.  As a matter of fact, the Israelites could tithe strong drink and enjoy it.  But again, the bible warns of excess.  Drinking is not a sin. Being drunk where you can't reason straight and physical impairment is wrong.  This matches with what I said about smoking.  Go into any store that sells wine and you will find some marked as Kosher.  The (practicing) Jews are very strict as to what one can eat according to biblical mandates and wine is considered Kosher properly prepared (of course IMO that's additions of men but at least it's based in the bible).  

I must add as a person who is into vitamins, minerals and diet, etc, if you want to smoke, get your own tobacco and smoke something pure and natural, not the processed cigarettes.  As an analogy, think salad vs boxed junk food.  The native Americans saw smoking tobacco as sacred, but they had restraint and discipline.  They were not outside smoking a peace pipe on break every 5 minutes, either. I think you get the drift what I am saying.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

Proverbs 31:6 Give strong drink to one who is perishing,

Perish means annihilate (2), annihilated (1), been lost (1), broken (1), corrupts (1), destroy (33), destroyed (15), destroying (2), destroys (2), destruction (2), dying (2), fail (1), fails (1), give up as lost (1), lacking (1), lost (12), make vanish (1), makes to perish (1), no (2), obliterate (1), perish (61), perished (16), perishes (7), perishing (2), ruined (4), surely perish (3), take (1), utterly destroy (1), wandering (1), wastes (1), wiped (1). 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 5/3/2019 at 8:56 AM, Ryan2203 said:

An addiction is a sin. Christians are quick to condemn addiction to alcohol and tobacco but ignore the fact that caffeine is also a social acceptable world wide drug. Caffeine, alcohol and tobacco can cause health problems if they are done in excess. If a person is a true born again Christian doing the above things is not going to keep them out of heaven. We sin everyday without even realizing it. We are human. 

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

What do you mean by sin. I smoked for 40 years and now I have heart problems and lung problems. If I could go back and change it I would. I remember all the people who tried to get me to stop and I would not listen to them. We are to choose life, health and healing. Not sickness or death. Smoking and drinking can take years off of your life. People know that but for some reason they do not care. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1