Sign in to follow this  
Behold

More on Hebrews Ch 6 & 10

As ive posted many times on this Forum, ....the fact that Legalists (all live in the wrong parts of Hebrews, (Ch 6 & 10) ......Matthew (before the Cross),...... James, and the Old Testament.
They are really quite unacquainted with Paul.
If they were a student of Paul, who said, "be a follower of ME, as i follow Christ".... it would be because they have been taught correct "Pauline Theology".
If they knew anything about Paul, they would know that Jesus took Paul aside, and no other Apostle, and taught him "justification by faith", and 99% of the doctrine of the Church.
So, when you are a student of the NT, you are a student of Paul, and from Paul, you learn "sound doctrine".

If you have not been taught what i just showed you, then you are lost in the theological weeds, and that is why you have no idea about Grace, and can't even talk about it.
You can't even discuss the Blood Atonement, or "justification by Faith".
You will have no idea that Jesus is not only your Righteousness, but He is your redemption, and your sanctification and your justification, BEFORE GOD. .. In the EYES of God.
If you are a legalist, all of this basic "Christianity 101" is Chinese to you.
Its a language you dont speak or comprehend, and you will not be speaking it any time soon, unless you find someone like me to teach you, or you get away from whatever cult, church, or spiritually corrupted people who have led you into the dark..... and find the LIGHT.
As, they will be happy to keep you right there with them in their darkness, for as long as you let them.
Thats a fact, and i say this to you in love.........you need to find a way out of your heresy group.

And to continue.
If you are a legalist, then probably noone ever taught you anything about God's Grace, or How it works, or WHY it operates in the life of a Born Again person, the way it does.
If you are a legalist, you have never been taught this verse..... and this verse is the first verse i teach a new Christian to memorize and LIVE With until they are saturated with what it means.
Hebrews 13:9
This is a verse that the devil will hide from a Legalist.
This verse teaches that you are to establish you HEART....with GRACE.
And what this means, is that you are to come to a deep deep understanding of What Grace is, and How Grace Works......because if you don't, you will probably be led astray from theological soundness, and end up on forums ranting about "commandments" and "law", while you try to convince real believers that they can "lose it".
Is that you?
In other words, if you dont do what Hebrews 13:9 tells you to do, in the beginning of your walk with Christ, you will probably end up as a Galatians 1:8
Thats a fact.

So, i want to help people who can be helped, and teach people who can be taught... (who are not so theologically locked into place by the pride of their self righteousness,) to understand Hebrews, and especially a few verses in Chapters 6 & 10 as these are the satanic goldmine for Legalists. Its their bread and butter from hell. Its their end game circular reasoning prison, that they all use when trying to reduce The Blood Of Christ to "working to stay saved" or "holding onto your falth to save saved" or pretending being born again is temporary, = "you can lose your salvation", they preach and preach.

So, believers.... If you can get this revelation im about to give you, then it will help protect you from worrying about losing your salvation, because many will twist these Hebrew verses im going to rightly divide for you, to try to cause you to believe you can lose you salvation.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some rules.
There are a few things you need to know, so that you have the theological groundwork necessary within you to even begin to understand this Book, and Chapters 6 and 10.
And by the way, the book of Hebrews is to be avoided until you have studied much and are truly truly grounded in all of Paul's epistles, so that you become grounded in Grace, and the understanding of "you are the righteousness of God IN CHRIST".
I'm not kidding.

But, lets take a look at this, because, this will help you to at least understand what Chapters 6 and 10 are really all about.

Here is your need to know list. :

First, Hebrews are unsaved Jews.
2nd, Apostles in the NT are saved Jews who are able to do signs and wonders. 2 Corinthians 12:12 And this is important to know, as you will learn, in a bit.
3rd. "Signs".......are for the JEWS. 1 Corinthians 1:22

You have to understand that a spiritual gift, comes from HEAVEN. It is a Heavenly gift, and all Apostles could perform these signs (Heavenly GIFTS) that were for JEWS. 1 Corinthians 1:22

Now, all those facts, are necessary for you to understand before you jump into the Book Of Hebrews.
Also to know...very important..... When an Apostle is writing a letter, he always begins the letter with a greeting. And from these greetings, we "rightly divided" their words to understand who the letter is meant for....as this gives us an understanding of it so that we don't misuse the letter theologically or doctrinally.
And Hebrews, is the most misused Letter in the NT by people who say they are Christians.
AS i told you before......Legalists, LIVE in Hebrews, a letter that is NOT addressed to the CHURCH.
Get that.
Very important for you to realize it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok here we go.

The Book of Hebrews, is not addressed to the Church.
The book of Hebrews, is addressed to HEBREWS...these are UNSAVED JEWS.
This is why the letter is not addressed to "the church".
Now be sure you understand that.....as i keep saying... = very important to understand.

Now, let me show you what happens when an Apostle is dealing with religious (HEBREWS) Jews, who are hateful, hate-filled, and antagonistic.
Lets look at how this all plays out during and after this Apostle is preaching the Gospel to them.
And remember...
This Apostle is showing them "heavenly gifts", 2 Corinthians 12:12 as these unsaved HEBREWS have a right to expect "signs", as that is 1 Corinthians 1:22.
So, this Apostle, does everything He can possibly do, and they still wont have Jesus as their Messiah, and it plays out like this in Hebrews Chapter 6 and Chapter 10.
-
-
In Hebrews 6 and 10

10 "For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened who have tasted the (heavenly gift)... If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. ""
----------

Now Saint.....Here is how you rightly divided those verses.
And i will use Ch 10 & 6, where unsaved Jews (Hebrews) are being shown the signs of an apostle (tasted the heavenly gift), heard the Gospel, and still refused their Messiah.

There is a JEWISH Apostle, (perhaps Paul) who is preaching the Message of the Cross to Hebrews (jews) who are not saved. They are rejecting the message, rejecting Jesus as Messiah, and this Apostle is warning them of the consequence of Rejecting Christ.
He ESPECIALLY explains in detail their rend result for rejecting Christ, when a "Signs of an Apostle" is happening in front of them.... 2nd Corinthians 12:12 (Tasted the Heavenly GIFT).... This apostle has Gifts of the Spirit and he has just let them see the signs, as "Signs are for the JEWS". 1 Corinthians 1:22... So, here you have a Jewish Apostle, preaching to Lost JEWs (Hebrews) and He is giving them the works....>Not just the Gospel, but "Signs of an Apostle", 2nd Corinthians 12:12... this is THEIR "tasting the Heavenly Gift", this is, them LITERALLY SEEING SIGNS....THE MIRACULOUS.. these Jews are seeing this... THE Spiritual Gifts this Apostle has, which come from HEAVEN...and these jews are STILL DETERMINED TO reject their Messiah, while seeing this JEWISH Apostle's SIGNS., and hearing him preach the Truth to them.

This means, these are hard hearted hate filled religious Jews (Hebrews)....and that is why this Apostle rips into them...with....""" you are trodding underfoot the blood""... He is telling them....You are no different then your Father's (elders) who KNEW Christ was Messiah, and they spit on His Blood that was shed for them.... and they stood there at the foot of the Cross and told Jesus...."Come on down Jesus, you can do it right, .. isn't that right, MR MESSIAH"?

That is what is going on here readers........and This APOSTLE tells them.......If you do this, as you are doing.....you have no way to be SAVED....as you have "sinned willfully" away your SALVATION.......= you have willfully rejected the ONLY ONE Who can save you... You are willfully choosing to be a CHRIST REJECTOR and ""there is no more sacrifice for you SIN", if you do this.........as Hebrews 6 explains to them... and to us.

So, that is Hebrews 10 & 6. ..... That is a JEWISH Apostle, using signs, dealing with unsaved HEBREWS - Religious JEWS who have the same Hatred in their hearts that was in the hearts of the HEBREWS who wanted this......."crucify him......crucify him.......crucify him">... And Pilate told them that Jesus's BLOOD was on THEIR Hands, as he washed his in that bowl, and then turned THEIR MESSIAH over to the whips and The CROSS.
These unsaved Jews in the book of HEBREWS are also "trodding underfoot" AGAIN, the blood of Jesus.....same as before, when their Elders did it, with Jesus hanging on a Cross as proof of their Christ Rejection.
This Apostle, is comparing these HEBREWS Christ rejection, as exactly the same as the Hebrews who originally "trod underfoot the blood of Jesus", and stood there glaring their hatred at Him, while Christ hung dying.

• Loved it! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

Thanks, Behold, for the clear and thorough explanation.   It's good that we have someone that has attended seminary to explain a more difficult book like Hebrews.   

• Oy Vey! 1

@Behold  Thank you very much!  Very worthy reading...

I’m wondering if Hebrews 10:26 might be referring to the one sin that will never be forgiven—the Unforgivable Sin.  Any thoughts?

Hebrews 10:26 King James Version (KJV)

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Posted (edited)

That whole OP is wrong from beginning to end.  The Bible never mentions legalism so I don't care who is a legalist.  There is nothing wrong with it.  Jesus would be a legalist by today's meaning of that word.   

Hebrews is written to the church, as are all the epistles.  Hebrews 1o is a warning to Christians not to fall away.  I disagree with everything in the OP, and if a Seminary teaches that, I stand against their teachings too.

Edited by Firm Foundation
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

I’m wondering if Hebrews 10:26 might be referring to the one sin that will never be forgiven—the Unforgivable Sin.  Any thoughts?

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

If it is, it would have said so.  The unpardonable sin is attributing the works of God to the devil.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

6 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:
12 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

If it is, it would have said so.  The unpardonable sin is attributing the works of God to the devil.

The unpardonable sin is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 10:1 "Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved."

Paul the Benjamite was anxious that all of his brethren of all of the tribes of Israel would come to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and be saved. Paul's concern was that his brethren would have the faith and come to believe on Christ. Especially now that salvation had been open to all peoples.

1 minute ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

The unpardonable sin is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 10:1 "Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved."

Paul the Benjamite was anxious that all of his brethren of all of the tribes of Israel would come to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and be saved. Paul's concern was that his brethren would have the faith and come to believe on Christ. Especially now that salvation had been open to all peoples.

In Romans, Paul does mention concern for the Jews.

Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is attributing the work of the Spirit to the devil.  Just speaking a word again the Holy Ghost is unpardonable.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here is something to consider.  Hebrews, James and apparently Matthew, have things in them the proponents of OSAS don't want to defend against.  They know most people don't like being called a legalist, because they have successfully used this phantom sin so long, everyone thinks it is worse than murder, though it is not mentioned in the Bible.

What you have is a debate strategy.  Say the legalists live in the books they have trouble with, and scare them away from quoting from them, and if they do,  go aha, see, I told you legalists live in those books.  Now you have demonized the use of scripture.  

You still have problems with those pesky truths from those books, so what can you do? Claim they don't pertain to gentiles.  If all you care about is a debate strategy, it makes sense, but if you care at all about truth, it does not.

Posted (edited)

The term “ legalist” is not in the Bible. The term “ Judaizer”is. They are one and the same and you know it.

Edited by George
Removed the personal remarks.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By michaelcla
      Is "Son of God" a really best Christian Movie of 2018? that describes the life of Jesus Christ according to The Bible and the principles of Christianity.
    • By Behold
      John 6: 51
      Lets look at this verse, as its a wonder...  John 6:51.   Jesus speaking...." I AM < (God) the living bread which came down from heaven;.. and if ANY man eat of this bread, he (they, you, me) live forever: and the bread that i will give is my flesh....which i will GIVE (salvation is a free Gift), for the LIFE of the world.. = "give for the life of the world"
      Jesus speaking :  "I AM (notice that He uses this title a lot when talking about Himself, as this is God referring to Himself as "The Great I Am").  So, Yeshua is constantly reminding us that He is not just the "Son" ,  He is indeed and literally God Himself who is the One manifested in a human body .. 1st Timothy 3:16.    And notice that this verse im about to talk to you about relates specifically to  John 3:16.   And notice that God manifested in the flesh is 1 Timother 3:16.  And if you read John 3:16, you see how neatly and perfectly God is drawing a Divine String through His word, in these verses and many more..... always connecting the dots, always placing interesting CLUES and "light bulb" moments in His word for any and all who "study to show yourself approved"...
      Now, 
      How to see this verse's main point using scripture to explain it.    There is the spiritual way and means to understand all NT verses.   In that you compare scripture with scripture...   You use the Word to explain itself..  The word teaches you the word..  And the way God has implemented this is that He does not always or even often use a verse, followed by a verse, followed by a verse, in some type of continuing consecutive order, to explain a doctrine, etc..  No.  What He does is put it all in a circle that you have to study to find and thus understand.  In other words, He has created the NT to be a sort of spiritual puzzle and you are to SEE the Light more and more as you connect the pieces.  And these pieces are scattered, as in a circle that is all over the NT.    For example, you might discover a piece of doctrinal Light in one verse in Romans, and then later, in Jude, or in John you'll SEE another piece that connects, and then in Acts there is another piece that connects, and this is always how you "study"... Its by a lot of reading that God will show your inner- man all these pieces that keep connecting and connecting as you go through the word, again and again.
      So, lets look at this verse in a few parts so that we can see .......
      1. "If any man EAT of this Bread".       And what is the Bread?  and how do you eat it?   Well, the "bread" of course is the body of Christ on the Cross.   And symbolically its a part of Communion...   Now, here we go....  Remember that Christ said... "Man shall not live by bread alone"?...... hummmm..  "but by every word that proceedeth from the mouth of God"....   So, isn't that interesting?    And how does that work, within the context of this verse?   Well, how do you eat the body of Christ so that you (have eternal life)  become born again?    As in this verse the "eating" says that if you do it, you shall "live forever"..    So how do you do this?    Simple.  the "eating" that allows God to give you "life forever", which is eternal life, is to have Faith in Christ.   To Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved....(born again)    And so all this is explained by this verse..... John 6:47. : Jesus says unto you, All that BELIEVE IN ME, = HAVE Eternal life"...     So, you have this verse that says to eat the Bread who came down from Heaven which if you do, imparts a consequence..  And to eat Him, the "bread",= Jesus..... means to have Faith, to BELIEVE, (Having faith is spiritually eating) and by this spiritual eating, you then become born again, which means you "live forever"..    And why?   Because the One who is Eternal Life, the one you just ate, (believed on) (Faith), is now in you and you are "in Christ", so, because you have Him, you have Eternal Life, as He IS, eternal life.  1 John 5: 11-13.    Read it.
      2. "give for the LIFE of the World".       This is interesting, because now this verse is speaking universally, with a condition, regarding giving  Eternal Life to the "world".   And here we understand that Salvation, The Blood Atonement, is Jesus dying for the "world".  John 3:16  This means, the world of humanity, for all time, and especially subsequent to the lifting of the Cross and the bodily resurrection of The Christ.    
      "I came so that you can have LIFE"...   And who is  "you"?   = All that eat the Bread. (Faith), and what is the "life"?  =  Eternal Life, who IS Jesus, and when you have Him, its because you have eaten Him, (Faith), and now you are "in Christ", and Christ is "in you, the <>hope of Glory"<>", = This phrase, "hope of Glory"... is a true understanding of  the One who is our Heavenly Hope, who IS our Eternal Life, living inside us, who is going to bring us to Heaven, because Jesus IS the/our "Resurrection and the Life".
      So, in John 6:51, we see that to eat the bread that imparts eternal life, simply means to "believe on the Lord, and you shall be saved", with its symbolic counterpart being taking Communion.  And we see that this verse is speaking specifically and universally regarding the One who said, "I am the resurrection and the life", and "i came to give LIFE (eternal life) and that more abundantly"... to all of the world, with the condition being, that this gift of the One who Himself is Eternal life, has to be "eaten".....that is to say, believed on, = by Faith.   So that is the eternal result for us, if we do what the verse tells us to do, with  the opposite and dire consequence of you not believing or eating Him, who is the Bread of Life, is that "if you do not (eat) believe that I AM He, then you will die in your sin(s)",...... And also said in John 3:36, = that God's judgment and wrath is waiting to be delivered as an eternal sentence to ALL who lived and died and never ate the Living Bread, = died a Christ rejector and WILL face God unforgiven.  This is damnation. This is Eternal, and its a FREEWILL choice that someone makes that God accepts.   And this reader, is why a person who ends up in Hell and the Lake of Fire, can never honestly or accurately accuse God of sending them there, as all God does, is accept your FREEWILL choice, and from there, your choice while you were living decided where you ended up, after you Died.
      Choose wisely if you are reading this, and are not yet a believer in Christ.
      Trust in Christ today, believe on Jesus today in your heart, kneel at the Cross today, and later meet God as your Loving Father and not as your Eternal Judge.

<B><