IGNORED

Is it a sin to keep something from someone?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I have a secret that I don’t want to tell anyone about. And when they ask me about it I try to avoid the question or I just say “no” and lie. Is this a sin? Can I go to hell for it?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Ryan2203 said:

I have a secret that I don’t want to tell anyone about. And when they ask me about it I try to avoid the question or I just say “no” and lie. Is this a sin? Can I go to hell for it?

Ryan2203, you have asked a few questions about "is this a sin" - "can I go to hell for it".

Sin is missing the mark of God's holiness.  So yes, lying about your secret to that person is a sin.  But that doesn't send you to hell.  

What sends people to hell is when they reject Jesus Christ and God's gift of grace.  

Once a person does accept the saving blood of  Jesus Christ and the gift of God's grace, they will pull away from sin as hard has they can because they wish to please the Father that they love.

No, you aren't going to hell for telling that nosy person an untruth.....but you should stop doing that.

Here's what to say next time when that person butts into your business.

"You know, you've asked me about this several times and I haven't given you the answer you are looking for.  How about we just drop the subject and let me have some privacy about this issue.  It really isn't something I want to discuss with you or anyone else.  Thanks."

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Ryan2203 said:

No, it is not a sin to keep a secret. I suggest you tell God about your secret.He knows about it anyway. He would love to hear it from your.

Edited by missmuffet
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 5/4/2019 at 4:02 PM, Ryan2203 said:

Lying is always a sin, big lies and small lies are the same in Gods eyes.