BlessedDad

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Video deleted by Omegaman 3.0, since videos are only allowed in the video section.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Ha! The title of your thread gave spouse and I a great morning chuckle. Thanks. But, I am not listening to a video especially a 25 minute one with  Elvis show theme music as it's beginning.

Though I am old enough to have watched Elvis on Ed Sullivan and run out to then buy  Blue Suede Shoes by Carl Perkins by mistake like all the other record purchasers did that Monday after the tv program. There were no Elvis records in stock and no one remembered who it was that we had seen on Ed Sullivan.

Soon Elvis was doing those awful dumb movies and that was that. We moved on to Jerry Lee Lewis,  Little Richard, and  retained memories of Fat's Domino early work , and then onto Motown's  James Brown.

In my late years now I find I do like Elvis' Blue Christmas, and I do a great imitation of  Porky Pig doing Elvis' Blue Christmas. All I have to do is start that stuttering of Bl bl blu Chr chr Chrismas  in Porky pig voice styling Elvis and my wife just cracks up.

As to God's voice in song- that is an image hard to get a grip on - thundering, and cedars breaking, and combining that with an Elvis; but Tom Jones maybe.:D

A brief look at the qualities of God's voice:

To Him who rides upon the highest heavens, which are from ancient times; Behold, He speaks forth with His voice, a mighty voice.

The voice of the LORD is upon the waters; The God of glory thunders, The LORD is over many waters. The voice of the LORD is powerful, The voice of the LORD is majestic. The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars; Yes, the LORD breaks in pieces the cedars of Lebanon.

The nations made an uproar, the kingdoms tottered; He raised His voice, the earth melted.

"The LORD thundered from heaven, And the Most High uttered His voice.

The LORD also thundered in the heavens, And the Most High uttered His voice, Hailstones and coals of fire.

and behold, the glory of the God of Israel was coming from the way of the east And His voice was like the sound of many waters; and the earth shone with His glory.

His feet were like burnished bronze, when it has been made to glow in a furnace, and His voice was like the sound of many waters.

When He utters His voice, there is a tumult of waters in the heavens, And He causes the clouds to ascend from the end of the earth; He makes lightning for the rain, And brings out the wind from His storehouses.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Under illumination if not inspiration by the opening post, I did walk up behind spouse as she was fixing morning fried eggs, - started my Porky Pig doing Elvis  "it it it's going t t to be a bl-bl-bl blu chr-chr christmas", she laughed and had to change to scrambled eggs from fried as she broke the yokes. 

If desired Look up Porky Pig doing Blue Christmas. I can't post videos in  threads per mods. For those videos often have extra stuff at the end that becomes inappropriate on Youtube.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

'When God sings, he uses Elvis' voice'

When God created Elvis, He gave him a special voice.
Elvis could sing, for sure.
I would rather he had been a better steward of it.

But, there is still only ONE King..........

• Thumbs Up 1

Seems Elis Presley and more than a few early Rock a Billie singers were greatly influenced by some American gospel singers they saw touring  doing tent revivals. one of those being  a man many have taken a lick or two from my favorite Brother Claude Ely. See the story of Bro. Claude Ely at http://www.claudeely.net/obtaincopy.asp 

I have listened many many times to some of those recordings that influenced the likes of Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis, and Johnny Cash, as well as some English groups of a little later time.  Love his "Ain't No Grave" a song he wrote at age 12 when he was extremely sick and in his potential death bed. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il2xXRSJLmc He moved more than an Elvis and  got involved more tha a Little Richard, all in his worhop in praise of God as he sahred of our Lord Jesus. Sing to the Glory of God. Try Holy Holy Holy and see if you don't recognize some early rock artist's style.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I'm just a hunk, a hunk of burning love, just a hunk, a hunk of burning love !

• Haha 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,098
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

11 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Seems Elis Presley and more than a few early Rock a Billie singers were greatly influenced by some American gospel singers they saw touring  doing tent revivals. one of those being  a man many have taken a lick or two from my favorite Brother Claude Ely. See the story of Bro. Claude Ely at http://www.claudeely.net/obtaincopy.asp 

I have listened many many times to some of those recordings that influenced the likes of Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis, and Johnny Cash, as well as some English groups of a little later time.  Love his "Ain't No Grave" a song he wrote at age 12 when he was extremely sick and in his potential death bed. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il2xXRSJLmc He moved more than an Elvis and  got involved more tha a Little Richard, all in his worhop in praise of God as he sahred of our Lord Jesus. Sing to the Glory of God. Try Holy Holy Holy and see if you don't recognize some early rock artist's style.

Elvis grew up in a church atmosphere....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

I'm just a hunk, a hunk of burning love, just a hunk, a hunk of burning love !

I I I'm ju ju just a hun hun hunahunhun hunk of burning la la love- Porky does Elvis. Gee I'll have to practice that one a bit. Maybe more tha it is worth to do it well.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

I remember in 1975 or so being totally embarrassed driving by my mother standing in line at the Bayfront center to buy Elvis tickets along with a mile long line of "old women" (younger then than I am now LOL) I was riding shotgun and the driver said "Hey, isn't that your old lady?"

I cringed covered my face and said "Just drive, alright?!"

I was 14 or 15.

Dear mummy was reliving her teen years at the time. 

:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

What were you guys doing when Elvis died.......I had just bought my first new car....1977 Toyota Celica.....$5400 out the door......My Mother told me at the car lot......I was too big a Beatles fan to be upset ....but the news was still sad......where were you when you heard?