Sign in to follow this  
Behold

The Math that will never add up.

I wanted to show you something, that might be a huge revelation to someone with a sincere heart, who has not realized an unfortunate fact regarding their own personal (Christian) belief system.

Lets do the math.
It works out like this......

What is your personal Savior ????

Let me show you a few worldwide favorites that wont work out, in the end..

----------------------------

A person says......"we believe that salvation is the Cross, but that you can "fall away" and be lost.

A.) The savior is always what YOU BELIEVE KEEPS YOU SAVED.
So, in this case, the Savior to this person has become...>"not falling away".
So, where did the Cross go?

or,

A person says.....>"he who endures to the end, the same shall be saved".

A.) for this person, their Savior is "ENDURING to the end".

or,

A person says.....> "As long as you hold unto your FAITH, you are still saved".

A.) for this person, holding unto their faith is their personal Savior.

or,

A person says....> "As long as i KEEP ON working out my salvation with fear and trembling, i stay saved.

A.) this person is trusting in their lifestyle as their personal Savior.

or,

A person says...."As long as i dont apostatize or backslide, i stay saved.

A.) This person is trusting in keeping themselves from apostatizing or backsliding as their personal Savior.

Now see how that works?
In all 5 cases the MATH seems good, but the end result is DEVOUT LEGALISM.
This is Christ rejection pretending its the Faith that God accepts.
Paul wrote the letter to the Galatians to expose it.
The end result : is that all these types have "fallen from Grace".
The end result : is that all these people have replaced the CROSS with what they are to DO, as their particular heretical method to try keep themselves saved.

• Loved it! 2
  • Oy Vey! 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

13 hours ago, Behold said:

I wanted to show you something, that might be a huge revelation to someone with a sincere heart, who has not realized an unfortunate fact regarding their own personal (Christian) belief system.

Lets do the math.
It works out like this......

What is your personal Savior ????

Let me show you a few worldwide favorites that wont work out, in the end..

----------------------------

A person says......"we believe that salvation is the Cross, but that you can "fall away" and be lost.

A.) The savior is always what YOU BELIEVE KEEPS YOU SAVED.
So, in this case, the Savior to this person has become...>"not falling away".

or,

A person says.....>"he who endures to the end, the same shall be saved".

A.) for this person, their Savior is "ENDURING to the end".

or,

A person says.....> "As long as you hold unto your FAITH, you are still saved".

A.) for this person, holding unto their faith is their personal Savior.

or,

A person says....> "As long as i KEEP ON working out my salvation with fear and trembling, i stay saved.

A.) this person is trusting in their lifestyle as their personal Savior.

or,

A person says...."As long as i dont apostatize or backslide, i stay saved.

A.) This person is trusting in keeping themselves from apostatizing or backsliding as their personal Savior.

Now see how that works?
In all 5 cases the MATH seems good, but the end result is DEVOUT LEGALISM.
This is Christ rejection pretending its the Faith that God accepts.
Paul wrote the letter to the Galatians to expose it.
The end result : is that all these types have "fallen from Grace".
The end result : is that all these people have replaced the CROSS with what they are to DO, as their particular heretical method to try keep themselves saved.

I have no argument with any of the points you raised   they all apply seeing we are human and not yet perfected in Godly Mind. You see, you also have your own 'personal belief which to you seems right...so we should not cast stones.

I'm sure you mean well, but how can you know what stage of the journey others are on....some are near,some are far,some are first, some are last.....that is why the Lord is so longsuffering and patient that none should perish.

When you say we must not move from the cross are you perhaps worshipping the 'cross' more than the Saviour as you think other people are doing with their Beliefs ? you need to give this some thought. Don't want to offend, let us discuss ! there is so much to be said.

We are saved through our faith/trust in what jesus did on the cross.

We don't earn or keep ourselves saved.

We constantly fail to follow Jesus's commands.

We constantly fail to Love him as we should.

We constantly fail to live as we should.

That is why there is so much in the NT about living, holding on, about loosing etc.

All we can do is acknowledge that we are sinners nd constantly go back to Jesus for forgiveness.

We need to keep our eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.   Keep our eyes/thoughts/hearts on the wondrous fact that He alone is our Salvation.   Yes, there will be good works for the born again child of God...but we must never elevate our good works above our Savior.   If we do, it's like the works have taken the place of God.

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Who me said:

All we can do is acknowledge that we are sinners nd constantly go back to Jesus for forgiveness.

Really is that all we can do? Where is the promise of the new covenant in that? Is it still in the future? There is more grace available from God than just constantly being defeated. We can become overcomers in Christ. Jesus calls us out of bondage and darkness to walk with Him in the light.

There are so many defeated believers today. So much false doctrine has entered the churches.

The gospel has the power to bring us to a place of victory...but only as we enter INTO Christ who is our victory over this world with it's sin and attractions.

The power of the cross of Christ separates us from our old desires...our old nature...so that it is Christ in us that takes over.

It was Tozer that said...in each of us is a cross and a throne in our hearts and minds. If we leave Jesus on the cross we remain on the throne of our own lives. We use Jesus then as a sacrificial entity to cover up for our poor choices and conduct.

But if we will but go to the cross ourselves...then Jesus can sit on the throne within us so that HE reigns in us and lives through us.

Then we can say...No longer I but Christ who lives in me...as Paul said.

We are invited to put on Christ...so we can walk as He walked...in His resurrection power.

Eph. 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Those who walk in Christ are dead to sin and alive to God.

Rom. 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

Edited by Pekoudah
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

1 minute ago, Pekoudah said:

So much false doctrine has entered the churches.

And one of the biggest is the idea of sinless perfection.

May I suggest instead of writing about victory in Jesus and the power of the cross etc that you go and live it.

Practice what you are writing about and in say a weeks time come back and tell us how it went.

Defeated Christian. Yes the devil knows my weaknesses and is able to slip past my guard and lead me into sin.

Fortunetly Jesus knew how weak I would be before he planned my salvation and he still went ahead and saved me.

Christ's bride is made up of one and one type of person only.

Sinners saved by grace.

There are not victorious Christian and failed Christians in Jesus's bride.

• Praise God! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

6 minutes ago, Who me said:

There are not victorious Christian and failed Christians in Jesus's bride.

Only the victorious ones are in His bride.

Rev. 3:21 To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Don't forget that all references to Jesus' stewards shows a 50% failure rate. The 10 virgins are one example. The one taken and one left in the rapturing up...is another

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

11 minutes ago, Who me said:

And one of the biggest is the idea of sinless perfection.

If one only knows the fleshly walk...sure. No one can overcome sin in their own strength.

And no one can fly in their own strength either. But if we enter INTO a plane...we can fly as long as we are in the plane.

The same goes for abiding in Christ. IN HIM is no sin. So when we enter into Christ we walk as He does...without sin.

As He is so are we in this world. He who abides in Him walks as He walked.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

15 minutes ago, Who me said:

Sinners saved by grace.

Grace frees us from sin...not in sin.

Mat. 1:21 And she will bring forth a son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins."

Why receive a new nature that sins?...we already have an old one that is weak like that....but the new covenant is about a new DIVINE nature that is without sin. Without spot or wrinkle.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

By the Spirit we are to overcome...or put to death the deeds of the flesh. This is crucial to understand for believers.

Rom. 8:13 For if you live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if you through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, you shall live.

If we walk in the Spirit we don't sin....

Gal. 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

When a person is in the very presence of God...walking in HIS resurrection life...there is no thought of carnal things. The mind is set on things that are above.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By CuriousWhiteTryinToDoRight
      I have this silly concern and constant worry about my decisions displeasing God. So many of my goals and things I want to do aren’t necessarily Christian based. I like doing things such as watching certain shows that have cussing and sexual content in them....but they are so entertaining....I’ve been told that even the little things I like to do, such as working out, is based on vanity. But I really just love working out because it makes me feel complete. I’m even a little afraid of getting in a relationship because of the fear of feeling something sinful such as lust or immoral thoughts. Back when I was younger, I didn’t mind these things much. But now, I’m at an age where I should know better. I don’t want to live this way anymore. I need to find an inner peace. God Bless.
    • By shadowkat
      My friends, I need your help. I'll do my best not to make this too long, although it is a bit of a story.
      Back in October, I saw a need in my church choir and reached out to a guy that was relatively new and was essentially getting shunned by most of the other men because he has tattoos and his ears are pierced. I actually feel really bad because I waited for a few months after I felt the initial tug and I wonder if I would be struggling so much if I hadn't. Anyway...we clicked almost immediately and soon we were talking practically every day. We are very similar and deal with a lot of the same struggles, such as depression. We've opened up to one another on a level that I've only ever replicated with my two best friends of 13+ years and we can talk for hours without it feeling like any time has passed. He has quickly become a close friend, one that I greatly cherish. 
      My issue is this: I have developed romantic feelings for him, feelings that I'm pretty sure he doesn't return. He is in a relationship at this point and it's a relationship he said he has prayed for, despite that this girl has caused him a lot of heartache. It's hard for me to watch since I don't feel she is good for him and obviously I feel that I am. It's also hard because he is one that will ghost out on the people around him when he gets wrapped up in his own affairs. He doesn't mean to, he just has had really bad examples of friendship and I'm the first one that actually fights to keep him grounded. 
      So how do I maintain this friendship in a Godly way without letting my own bias get in the way and how do I move on from my feelings? If you need me to answer any further questions that might help give better advice, please feel free to ask. I have probably forgotten something in my attempt to keep this short.