• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

1 minute ago, diane32 said:

Amen and praise God! My Pastor calls them God-incidences lol 

@diane32 :teeth_smile: I never heard that before. But I like that a lot! Thanks for sharing it. I'll pass it on.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, turtletwo said:

@diane32 :teeth_smile: I never heard that before. But I like that a lot! Thanks for sharing it. I'll pass it on.

You are welcome and thank you : )) I thought it was a brilliant way of putting it..

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Amen turtletwo praise God!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member

Head knowledge is knowing ABOUT Jesus

Heart Knowledge is KNOWING Jesus personally.

I can read in a history book about George Washington being the first president of the US. I can accept on faith that this is a fact because it has been recorded, taught in school, etc.

but I can never have a personal relationship with George Washington. Whereas Jesus Christ is risen and I can worship Him in spirit and in truth. I can say as did Mary at the empty tomb "My Lord and my God!"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

Head knowledge=Intellectual

Heart knowledge= Experiential (as in a personal relationship)

• Thumbs Up 2

But the mind still plays an important role. Once it has changed and repentance has occurred, it still has residual effects from the years of sin. This resulted from it being polluted by fleshly thoughts indulged in from 'before Christ' years. 

The worldview of a mostly anti-Christ culture that is all around us (especially spewed out by the media) play a big part in this. As I've heard it put: 'Garbage in, Garbage out.'

So how do we tend to this damage done to our minds?

They must be renewed by immersing ourselves in the holy scriptures.

Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is]that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Philippians 4:8 - Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things arejust, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

We must choose carefully what to feed our minds. Scripture is as good as it gets :) and memorization of it is very important.

Psalms 119:11 - Your word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against You.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

Speaking of heart knowledge.  I think God made it clear to all hearts, that their salvation is not of anyone's judgement, or business, because anyone who considers it is, is not a believer in either head or heart of the new covenant. God becomes God to all the world. They are His people. The false prophets used to control the people, teaching lies and seducing. That ended 2000 years ago, they are ended and have no power any more, no where to hide when they show their untruthful approaches. This is because, they shall not teach every man his neighbour, for all shall know the Lord, as it is the Lord, who puts His laws into them, and nothing to do with any person who thinks they are involved in some way, when they are not at all. These are the seducers for these days: 2 Timothy 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived....

Hebrews 8: 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Talking about honey and tasting the good taste. Now when the people do taste this honey, they do not know it in their heart. The exalted soul does not even like honey, they despise it. When they also taste the good word of God, it is not known in the heart. The ones who know anything trust in God, they do not trust in any man:

Proverbs 27:7 The full soul loatheth an honeycomb; but to the hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet.

Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame

Psalm 34:8 O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Psalm 146:3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.
5 Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God:
6 Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever:
7 Which executeth judgment for the oppressed: which giveth food to the hungry. The Lord looseth the prisoners:
8 The Lord openeth the eyes of the blind: the Lord raiseth them that are bowed down: the Lord loveth the righteous:
9 The Lord preserveth the strangers; he relieveth the fatherless and widow: but the way of the wicked he turneth upside down.

Now the personal way. God told something very differently of course.

Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Deuteronomy 10:16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.
17 For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:
18 He doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment.

Ezekiel 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
12 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
13 When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.
14 Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
15 If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
16 None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.
17 Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.
18 When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.
19 But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.
20 Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.

Now speaking about gratitude to God for what He has done for us. That is not quite what is told. Firstly the joy is unspeakable. This is because what makes intercession for us is the Spirit, not us. The Spirit of Christ ever liveth to make intercession for us, as we could never have gratitude, we never could have anything of value, but that is how you know all value comes through Christ..

1 Peter 1:8  Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Romans 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Romans 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

For adoption. It is much more than being seen through the Son. The Son is in us, crying Abba Father.  These then are led by the Spirit of God. They are join heirs with Christ, if they suffer with Him in the same sufferings of Christ. This after all was the glory the Son honoured the Father with, with real honour, not mans pretend made up ideas, they fall very short and are of nothing, so nobody gives their possessions back to God, they are His and you are too...

Romans 8: 13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

1 Peter 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

2 Corinthians 1:5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 12:23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.
24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.
27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.
28 Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.
29 The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him.
30 Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.
31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

Telling anyone to become a follower of Christ today after speaking about their salvation, is not scriptural, we can do it ourselves thanks:

Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,085
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

Ezekiel 21:7 Good News Translation (GNT)

When they ask you why you are groaning, tell them it is because of the news that is coming. When it comes, their hearts will be filled with fear, their hands will hang limp, their courage will fail, and their knees will tremble. The time has come; it is here.” The Sovereign Lord has spoken.

When my Rabbi taught me Hebrew, I learned that heart means mind.   Seperating the heart and mind is artificial in our thinking.   One's mind, not heart gets filled with fear. 

"In Hebrew, the heart (lev or levav) is the center of human thought and spiritual life. We tend to think that the heart refers mainly to our emotions, but in Hebrew it also refers to one's mind and thoughts as well."http://www.egrc.net/articles/Rock/HebrewWords/levav.html

"

Moderns connect some of the heart's emotional-intellectual-moral functions with the brain and glands, but its functions are not precisely equivalent for three reasons.

First, moderns do not normally associate the brain/mind with both rational and nonrational activities, yet the ancients did not divorce them ( Psalm 20:4 ).

Second, the heart's reasoning, as well as its feeling, depends on its moral condition. Jesus said that "from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts" ( Mark 7:21 ). Because the human heart is deceitful above all things ( Jer 17:9 ) and folly is found up in the heart of a child ( Prov 22:15 ), the Spirit of God must give humans a new heart ( Jer 31:33 ; Ezek 36:26 ) through faith that purifies it ( Acts 15:9 ; cf. Eph 3:17 ).

Third, moderns distinguish between the brain's thoughts and a person's actions, but the distinction between thought and action is inappropriate for heart. "The word is very near you, " says Moses to a regenerated Israel, "in your mouth and in your heart" ( Deut 30:14 )."https://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/heart/

"The “heart” commonly refers to the mind as the center of thinking and reason (Pr 3:36:21;7:3), but also includes the emotions (Pr 15:1530), the will (Pr 11:2014:14), and thus, the whole inner being (Pr 3:5). The heart is the depository of all wisdom and the source of whatever affects speech (Pr 4:24), sight (Pr 4:25), and conduct (Pr 4:2627). (MacArthur, J.: The MacArthur Study Bible Nashville: Word )"https://www.preceptaustin.org/heart_leb

• Thumbs Up 1