angels4u

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

I strongly suspect that I am one of “ those guys” you have been warned about.I am all for “ being like Jesus”....it’s the “ getting there” that concerns me.Most people get a little scared when they learn they must be like Jesus.....and for good  reason! It can’t be done. At least not by us.After all, Jesus wasPERFECT....24/7.

What we usually get is people “acting”like Jesus in a misguided attempt to do what they think they are obligated to do.Keep a nice “ smile” on your face, make sure you bottle up any real emotions that might reveal the true you.Conjure up a false image of the sweet, kind -all -the -time, Jesus That Zola Levitt wrote a fascinating book about.To summarize his book , the gist is that our modern day image of who Jesus was is mostly mistaken.

I think God is more interested in Spiritual “ FRUITION,” than He is Spiritual “ IMITATION”—- the real thing as opposed to a phony , fear -motivated  performance.To BE like Jesus, why not try to live as He did? What made “ Jesus”.....Jesus? His Faith! Of course, Jesus was God in the Flesh and was full of the Holy Spirit at all times.Jesus turned to and trusted His Heavenly Father for everything...Hence, the sinless life, the miracles,the courage, and the end, literally hanging His Body on the Promises Of His Father, to “ endure the shame” for the Reward awaiting Him.

If one desires to BE like Jesus ( and of course, this side of Heaven nobody can compare to Him) do what He did....Trust your Father, Trust in His Wondrous Promises ( The Gospel) . Rest in them, and let God and the Holy Spirit change you from the inside out.Give up the phoney, concentration on the “ outside of the cup” act that the world looks at.There will come a time when we will be just like Him.We will not be remotely close to possessing the Faith that He had.But God “ has” promised to TRANSFORM  us  into the very image of His Son.He does it-  not us.So we have our Promise as Jesus had His.Tap into what made Jesus what He was... Faith! Abandon the “ Act like Jesus” mind-set, with the external “ dead works” and strive to be  a “ Hero Of Faith”.You will actually become more and more like you Savior.Without even trying.God bless

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

Hello there,

I have been reading the prayer of Ephesians chapter 1:17+ this morning and acknowledging afresh the necessity for the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Christ, for it is beyond the capacity of any one of us to comprehend the things of God, or to know Christ, without this spirit.  I have had to remind myself yet again, that it is not a matter of feeling, or of experiencing: but of believing and acknowledging; trusting and walking by faith in the faithful inner-working of God the Holy Spirit, Who takes of the things of Christ and makes them ours, as we read, and acknowledge by faith, the truths of His Word.  

How necessary it is that we are 'strengthened with might in our inner man, that Christ may dwell in our hearts by faith' (Ephesians 3:16-17) . That strengthening is so very important, isn't it?  For Jesus Christ is Lord, and requires that He be Lord of our lives.  So, that, like Paul, it is no longer I that lives, but Christ that lives in me.

Conformity to the Lordship of Christ in heart and life is characterised by a lowly and gentle spirit, which is strong in faith, and endures unto the end.  

'I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, 
beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.'

(Ephesians 4:1-7)  

Praise God!

May His will be done.

Edited by Christine
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, Christine said:

May His will be done.

Yes indeed!

The OP about head vs heart is an older idea to check in your mind at the church door. God never says this, He expects us to understand Him as much as we are able. Because men's theology is so restrictive, we think somehow it is wrong to know more than the pastor and to study harder. This idea took hold easily with Darby and others such as Milton and Augustine. Dare to learn about your scriptures is my challenge. Why listen to guys that did not like Hebrews and who never studied that ancient languages?

There is a wealth of new testament understanding of the old in our scriptures. It seems that our teaching has effectively stripped our scriptures of all supernatural meaning. No wonder the young people want x-files things and super hero alien monsters. If we actually taught them about the Divine Council and God's supernatural beings and their jobs running the cosmos, I think many a person would be most interested.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Greetings Blood Bought, long time no see.

Would you mind explaining what you mean by

I think God is more interested in Spiritual “ FRUITION?  That almost sounds like something a New Ager would say, they have all kinds of cutesy saying.

I know what you mean by the phony Christian attitudes too many put on. I don't do that. I'm genuine but I can't prove that with writing. Too bad we all don't do Skype. I just got a new phone that has an app called Visual Voicemail. Do you know what it is?   These smartphones confuse me to no end. I believe a phone should be a phone and a PC be a PC.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, JTC said:

Yes, very good my friend. There are several (or more) folks on our board that have said we cannot be like Him so we need not even try. That's so opposite of the truth none of us could convince them. You're still very new to the board but you'll bump into these guys. I no longer have the patience for people like them.

I am very happy to read this Coliseum.

You know JTC, I have been thinking about your message and was wondering whether to respond. I am slowly understanding how inadequate my communication skills must be, because of how, some of the time, I am completely misunderstood. I have found in my short time here that many people are warm, loving, and very inviting to share with. There are a few however with a mean-spirited nature whose responses attack not the substance of the conversation, but the person. I received such a message. I wonder whether this person believes that his sarcasm and implied character assaults draw people to Christ, or push them further away? Whether we agree or not on issues we discuss, there is absolutely no reason for those kinds of insults. I have my opinions---sometimes very strong ones---but it is disturbing that if an "I" is not dotted or a "T" not crossed, how high on our pedestals some can lift themselves to. If I have done this, I will be the first to ask forgiveness.

I wish to thank you for encouraging me. You didn't have to. I recall as a young boy my mother taking me to church for the very first time. She had never gone herself. We were dreadfully poor. When we took our places in the back portion of the assembly, two or three ladies behind us were heard whispering how raggedly we were dressed. My mother was infuriated and stood up during the preaching of the Word and shouted for all to hear, "What is this? A sermon or a fashion show"? She grabbed my hand and hurriedly walked out of the building. She died without Christ.

I am here to tell everyone that every single one of our words matter. They can destroy a person or draw him to Christ. To the person who spoke about me so rudely, I forgive. No one here is better than anyone else!

Edited by Coliseum
  • Loved it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Isn't the difference between head and heart are trials? There is nothing like trials to give us both a head knowledge but it also gives us the greatest imprint on our heart. His reason for trials has never been to let suffering be ours. Hebrews 12 speaks of trials and the Lord using that to bring a harvest of righteousness in our lives, heart knowledge the blessing of suffering.

• Loved it! 1

• 8 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  10/20/1967

It is posts like the ones on this topic that is so helpful to me, every ones input that I have read  is very encouraging and helpful to me as a babe in Christ. Thanks to  all :D

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,083
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 5/5/2019 at 6:51 PM, BeauJangles said:

It's nice to have both, I think. Just my personal opinion. May the Lord grant you the desires of your heart. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

Jesus answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

49 minutes ago, Daniel Marsh said:
Jesus answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’

Amen, brother. That is on my profile interests.

• Praise God! 1

• 5 months later...
On 9/21/2019 at 12:14 PM, JTC said:

Greetings Blood Bought, long time no see.

Would you mind explaining what you mean by

I think God is more interested in Spiritual “ FRUITION?  That almost sounds like something a New Ager would say, they have all kinds of cutesy saying.

I know what you mean by the phony Christian attitudes too many put on. I don't do that. I'm genuine but I can't prove that with writing. Too bad we all don't do Skype. I just got a new phone that has an app called Visual Voicemail. Do you know what it is?   These smartphones confuse me to no end. I believe a phone should be a phone and a PC be a PC.

I am posting less, and thinking about what I'm posting more, and trying to make the point more cogent (coherent).  Your post makes a lot of sense to me.  I only post now from my PC.

I hate what the New Age Movement has done to infiltrate Christian Churches and Organizations.

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace