angels4u

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  411
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Very well stated Jostler.  Surface knowledge has value, but the knowledge at times mentioned by Paul was a deeper knowledge that actually effectuates real change in the spirituality of people.  I liked your example of the chocolate cake as well as to show how "knowledge" or an awareness of facts, although important, is not the ultimate goal.  One should push one's knowledge to deeper levels, levels that could fall into the category of "heart knowledge."

I have elsewhere heard this used as "knowledge" versus "wisdom."  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 6/29/2019 at 9:19 AM, Abdicate said:

Emotions are an order of magnitude stronger than any thought or understanding.

Emotions are supposed to be, and are,  "CRUCIFIED with CHRIST,  never-the-less I live  ,   yet not I but Christ who lives in me and the life that I now live I live by faith in the Son of God Who Loved me and gave Himself for me."

Self-control is of the spirit,  and the spirit is supposed to be in control,  not the flesh/ emotions/ feelings.

People cry when their feelings are hurt,   often because of denying the truth -- letting the flesh (head-knowledge) rule in their lives instead of the spirit,  and thus instead of Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

I have read some of this posting. What I think we might do is merge head and heart rather than either or.

I know for years I have heard preachers tell us to check our brains in at the door and come in and do church their way. Often to the detriment of understanding.
Now I see the media has hit church hard with flashing lights and 'uplifting' songs that are called 'worship'. Some are just emotional feel-good sessions.

Also I see from sermons I have listened to that 'church' is not a place of learning often since the guy up front does not know much and often preaches from a faulty premise. That is hard to take and difficult to accept.

Perhaps we should be expecting to be educated in the scriptures to be well founded in the faith. In this case, head understanding is not opposed to the heart or seat of the emotions. There is a whole slew of information that pastors either do not know or are afraid of.

When did you pastor last preach on the quotes of Peter and James regarding 1st Enoch?  Did you hear about Genesis 3 and 6 and Isiah 14 and Psalm 82 and Deuteronomy 32 and others in this line of thinking?

Did your pastor tell you that 1st Century Israelis and 2nd Temple scholars would have three distinct reasons for Yeshua's Sacrifice and Redemption purposes?

Have you had explained to you that many epistles were written to lost Israelis and presupposed a working knowledge of the Tanach?

There is so much to learn that will enrich our understanding of the Lord and His purposes for His family of humans. A family that He has ALWAYS determined to redeem and bring back into His household.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

8 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Perhaps we should be expecting to be educated in the scriptures to be well founded in the faith. In this case, head understanding is not opposed to the heart or seat of the emotions. There is a whole slew of information that pastors either do not know or are afraid of.

Rather, as written,  everything born of the flesh is flesh, and profits nothing.  (i.e. "head knowledge"/ man's wisdom or knowledge)

Also,  the unregenerate man cannot grasp anything spiritual.   Thus no amount of education helps him.

The Scribes and Pharisees,   religious leaders then and now, today,  have oodles of "head knowledge",  but no truth,

and they oppose Jesus.     They must be BORN AGAIN. (not by the head knowledge nor by the heart, not by the flesh,  not by the will of man(nothing of man),   but by the will of the Father in heaven.)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

On 7/8/2019 at 7:39 AM, simplejeff said:

Emotions are supposed to be, and are,  "CRUCIFIED with CHRIST,  never-the-less I live  ,   yet not I but Christ who lives in me and the life that I now live I live by faith in the Son of God Who Loved me and gave Himself for me."

Self-control is of the spirit,  and the spirit is supposed to be in control,  not the flesh/ emotions/ feelings.

People cry when their feelings are hurt,   often because of denying the truth -- letting the flesh (head-knowledge) rule in their lives instead of the spirit,  and thus instead of Christ.

flesh IS crucified with Christ.  Emotions are not  part of the  flesh....but of the soul, which  is to be transformed, not crucified.  man......what a mess.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praying! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,140
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:30 PM, Jostler said:

And Paul majors on  three things....experiencing the  hope of His  call, the riches of His inheritance (we're joint-heirs after all :) ) and specifically the most important part of His inheritance which is in the saints.  He longs for me to see YOU and EXPERIENCE YOU as He does, and as He sees you....a RICH inheritance.  And to know by experiencing HIS power, active and working in my  life.

Would you explain the underlined? Specifically 'YOU'? Thanks.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

1 hour ago, In Him said:

Would you explain the underlined? Specifically 'YOU'? Thanks.

Here's one view of it, Father speaking prophetically to Jesus:

“I will declare the decree:
The LORD has said to Me,
‘You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.

Ask of Me, and I will give You
The nations
for Your inheritance,
And the ends of the earth for Your possession.

That word nations in Hebrew  is "goyim"...gentiles.  Nations, peoples, tribes and tongues in the  New Testament.

In the broader context it seems Father reserved the sons of Abraham who became the "nation" (peculiarly His...unique) of Israel to Himself....and Israel is the ONLY plot of literal ground He  claims as His own.  The rest was given to the  "nations" divided up according to "the number of the sons of God (bene eloyhim)" after the  scattering at the tower of babel.

But nations are peoples.  And peoples are composed  of individual people.  His "inheritance" includes people and I'd argue we, those He died to  save are the  most important aspect of ALL His inheritance.  Father promised us to  Him and He was willing to die to have us.

I'll cut this short...i love this topic so much I could wax on for  hours :)

The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know (eido) what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Just notice "where" the riches and glory of His inheritance is....it's in US.   He longs for us to see each other as He does.  To enjoy the beauty and glory of His inheritance along with  Him.  And to love it as much as He does.

The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

There's lots more, but I'll hush :)  I think that establishes the legal facts of His choices in distributing His estate :)  It's both an  astonishing insight  into what He has done for us, but also  sobering in the conditions set for full inheritance.  Not all who  are His will inherit all of  what  is His.  

Now I say that the heir, as long as he is a child, does not differ at all from a slave, though he is master of all, but is under guardians and stewards until the time appointed by the father.

Edited by Jostler
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On 7/7/2019 at 10:30 PM, Jostler said:

And Paul majors on  three things....experiencing the  hope of His  call, the riches of His inheritance (we're joint-heirs after all :) ) and specifically the most important part of His inheritance which is in the saints.  He longs for me to see YOU and EXPERIENCE YOU as He does, and as He sees you....a RICH inheritance.  And to know by experiencing HIS power, active and working in my  life.

Man, I love your understanding here. Praise God! 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Adam knew Eve in a very personal way.  We are to know God that way as well--intimately--He being in us and we being in Him.  To know God intimately is to be born again.  We know Scriptures by doing what they say and gaining understanding.  

Psa 111:10  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all those who practice it have a good understanding. His praise endures forever!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,153
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 6/28/2019 at 10:49 AM, Margo1945 said:

thanks .. great post .. what about our glorified bodies .. what exactly do you think that entails ..

Sorry I missed this... I think it was directed toward me :noidea: 
The answer is one of waiting till it is revealed …  

1 Cor 2:9

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
KJV
as we cannot know now these things and God's Word cannot be broken we obediently do this

2 Cor 10:5

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
KJV

The Bible is filled with places we are to wait upon Him to increase … we can know this:

If in this place of suffering, made so by God, yet now due to disobedience is cursed and everyone clings to it so steadfastly... what will it be like when curse is no longer in the newness of heaven and earth and nothing subsides... what is a joy that does have cessation actually feel like? The only answer is the Scripture we cannot fathom even the begin of such...

• Thumbs Up 1