IGNORED

Why the fierce devotion to arguments for legalism?

JohnD

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, Who me said:

He or she judges themselves and their need to seek forgiveness.

Indeed.  As the scripture says, we have to first take the plank from our eyes before we can take the splinter from our brother.  Mat 7:5

Nice chat. Have a good day.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Has anyone really meditated on Romans 8:38-39?  It reads:

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I see only one piece missing, "you".  Everything else is an outside force that is rightfully stated not being able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  "You" is not an outside force, but an inside force, our free will to accept His or reject Him.  Only we can say no to Jesus.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

While I agree with what is being said here, ...our Salvation is by Faith in the finished work of Jesus on the Cross, ..to which we can not add anything to what He has done for us, I would like to humbly point out, in the love of Christ, 

...Matt 7:1-5, Jesus is not talking to His believers, His born again children. ...He is addressing hypocrites!

We as born again children of God are walking with our Lord in one of two possible ways, either it's in integrity or duplicity, if it's in integrity, we are walking in the Spirit, ...if it's duplicity then we have one foot in the Kingdom and the other in the world, ...what Paul calls carnal Christians 1 Cor 3:1, if it's the latter Father won't allow us to be joyful, ...we will be miserable, ...until we repent and return, like the prodigal, to our Father's house.

Hypocrites are actors, they are just acting out a role without any actual identity or responsibility to the part or the Person of our Lord jesus Christ!

Jesus told us, His children to judge:

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. John 7:24

We judge with the Word of God, ...not to condemnation, ...but for restoration, ...from a walk of duplicity to a walk of integrity.

There will always be hypocrites walking on the wide road that leads to destruction, there's nothing we can do about their walk, all we can do, are called to do, is announce the Gospel, ...however with the love of Christ we judge those, our brothers and sisters in Christ, to bring them out of duplicity into integrity, to build up the Body of Christ in the unity of Faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ. Eph 4:13

Lord bless

• Loved it! 1

23 minutes ago, OneLight said:

nor anything else in all creation,

I'm a part of His Creation, and so are ALL humans, Romans 8:38. 39 is ALL inclusive.

Lord bless

4 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

I'm a part of His Creation, and so are ALL humans, Romans 8:38. 39 is ALL inclusive.

Lord bless

The word "else" is outside of you, not inside of you.  Did you become a robot the moment you accepted Jesus, or are you continuing with Him because you chose to?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

57 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Has anyone really meditated on Romans 8:38-39?  It reads:

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I see only one piece missing, "you".  Everything else is an outside force that is rightfully stated not being able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  "You" is not an outside force, but an inside force, our free will to accept His or reject Him.  Only we can say no to Jesus.

Has anyone considered that in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 and Galatians,  there are sins of the flesh that keep people out of God's inheritance, no exceptions?

19 minutes ago, OneLight said:

The word "else" is

...not in the original text!

Here's how it's written in the Textus Receptus:

ουτεG3777 CONJ-N υψωμαG5313 N-NSN ουτεG3777 CONJ-N βαθοςG899 N-NSN ουτεG3777 CONJ-N τιςG5100 X-NSF κτισιςG2937 N-NSF ετερα G2087 A-NSF δυνησεταιG1410 V-FDI-3S ημαςG1473 P-1AP χωρισαιG5563 V-AAN αποG575 PREP τηςG3588 T-GSF αγαπηςG26 N-GSF τουG3588 T-GSM θεουG2316 N-GSM τηςG3588 T-GSF ενG1722 PREP χριστωG5547 N-DSM ιησουG2424 N-DSM τωG3588 T-DSM κυριωG2962 N-DSM ημωνG1473 P-1GP  Rom 8:39

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other  G2087 creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Rom 8:39  KJV

The word other in the Greek is heteros, ...which means another which is not of the same nature, class, form, kind, ...different, ...which means Paul is showing us that we are different than other heteros of God's creation, ...the difference is the other heteros of God's creation only have a biological life whereas we have biological and eternal life zoe within us.

I'm not a robot, ...I'm a doulos  G1401, ...a bondslave of/to my Lord Jesus Christ

Lord bless

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

20 hours ago, JohnD said:

Even though they claim it is an entirely different argument, those who oppose Once Saved Always Saved are legalists

trying to impose unbiblical qualifications that they determine are manditory for salvation... for purposes of control over others,

through fearmongering and keeping believers from their individual priesthood / ministry / calling / spiritual gifts.

All legalists have this at heart (even if not in mind) imposing the Law of Moses on the Grace of Christ.

Paul was chiefest in opposing this and he was a former Pharisee of Pharisees. 

The Lord led me to repent of sins I was committing years ago. My life was suddenly transformed into something beautiful. If that is legalism, I am all in favor of it. To me, legalism is when people start adding to the commandments found in the Bible.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

...not in the original text!

Here's how it's written in the Textus Receptus:

ουτεG3777 CONJ-N υψωμαG5313 N-NSN ουτεG3777 CONJ-N βαθοςG899 N-NSN ουτεG3777 CONJ-N τιςG5100 X-NSF κτισιςG2937 N-NSF ετερα G2087 A-NSF δυνησεταιG1410 V-FDI-3S ημαςG1473 P-1AP χωρισαιG5563 V-AAN αποG575 PREP τηςG3588 T-GSF αγαπηςG26 N-GSF τουG3588 T-GSM θεουG2316 N-GSM τηςG3588 T-GSF ενG1722 PREP χριστωG5547 N-DSM ιησουG2424 N-DSM τωG3588 T-DSM κυριωG2962 N-DSM ημωνG1473 P-1GP  Rom 8:39

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other  G2087 creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Rom 8:39  KJV

The word other in the Greek is heteros, ...which means another which is not of the same nature, class, form, kind, ...different, ...which means Paul is showing us that we are different than other heteros of God's creation, ...the difference is the other heteros of God's creation only have a biological life whereas we have biological and eternal life zoe within us.

I'm not a robot, ...I'm a doulos  G1401, ...a bondslave of/to my Lord Jesus Christ

Lord bless

You are correct, but it did not change the meaning.  Anything else or any other creation are both an external influence.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Let the peoples have fierce devotion to CHRIST and be hearers and doers of the WORD .

ITs war ,  and I KNOW who I stand with and who keeps me .      Onward into the trenches , and let not a one even ease up on pointing to Christ , all His sayings , His pattern

and the pattern of the apostles .      For if any man be a hearer only ,  he has deceived himself .     Now armour up and learn Christ ,   the BIBLCAL ONE and learn Him well .

Be faithful to the end , and let none be highmined but fear ,   For if GOD spared not even the natural branches take Heed lest He spares not you .

Behold therefore the Goodness and severity of GOD .    Severity towards those who fell through unbelief and Goodness towards you who do believe , IF you continue

In His goodness , IN CHRIST , otherwise prepare to be as cut off as the unbelieving jews were .   But good news , if any man remains not in unbelief ,  GOD is surely able

to graft them back in .     Let all exhort one another daily lest any does become hardened through the deceitfulness of sin .

Let constant exhortations , warnings and encouragments be sounded and do so daily .   ITS war ,  And this man IS DUG IN , IN CHRIST .

Fully prepared in HIM and BY HIM and knowing full well that the cost of my JESUS ONLY and BIBLE ONLY devotion ,  will cost me a whole lot more in the days ahead .

The  main leader of SATAN ,  yeah the POPE and many others who do his work ,  aint taking no time off ,  I WONT EITHER till the last breath has ebbed out of these lungs .

And yeah , I called the pope of satan ,   a spade gets called a spade on my watch .   And can not a soul stop me from warning against his lies or any who preach inclusive lies .

Better we get armed up IN CHRIST and fast .   Now remember the true lambs have all hope .   ALL HOPE no matter what comes against them .

REJOICE when men hate you for HIS name sake , rejoice when many speak evil of you , rejoice when you are persecuted for his name sake .

ITS A WIN , WIN and this wee tiny THING has got all HOPE .    SO GET THEM HEARTS ABOVE on the ONLY HOPE WE HAVE , CHRIST the KING through whom we praise and honor GOD .

Hands up people .   hands up ,   its a praise a thon of JOY to the LORD .   Just ponder on that , the great HOPE we have IN CHRIST .   Yeah , but flee Rome  and all inlcusiveness

and any who are deceiving all to have and come together for this unity .      Put those hands up and celebrate the LORD and all that HE has done and can do and shall do .

And never once conform to lies , but rather dig deeper than ever in the bible and learn Christ and learn HIM well and Be faithful unto  even death . 

• Thumbs Up 1