IGNORED

Why the fierce devotion to arguments for legalism?

JohnD

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

So please, explain to us, teach us what is the armor of God Paul speaks of in Eph 6:13-17 so that we can clearly see the folly we are trusting in.

Well most folks don't have their hope in the biblical jesus ,   so their goes the helmet .

And most churches don't feast on the bible only , but rather heed men that twist and omit parts ,  so their goes the sword .

And under this ever growing inclusive generation and churches ,    They barefoot and preach  a dead false rick waren or seeker friendly unity gospel.

The solution .   Just read the bible for ourselves , get it deeply engrained .    Its not like I can point to the POPE and say , well go sit and let him explain it

Or I cant point to rick warren , the seeker movment preachers ,  or prosperity ,  cause we know they twist it .

I mean folks its real simple .    GOETH back into BIBLES only and let us ensure its the true JESUS we follow , love and obey .    

I could go more in depth , but well that is really a simple enough solution .

Let me just say this .      Go look in a phone book .    We know we see same names all the time right .     How many jose guerro s     , BUT we know THEY AINT ALL the SAME MAN .

ITS the same with a PHONE BOOK JESUS ,    oh I see many preaches and teachers and people who got no problem saying I LOVE JESUS , its HE I FOLLOW .

But upon SIMPLE and I do mean SIMPLE observation one finds out REAL QUICK ,   Yeah no ,  IT AINT THE JESUS of the BIBLE they following .

And quite frankly that is some scary stuff .     So peter had it right ,  MAKE Your calling and ELECTION SURE .     MAKE sure its the JESUS of the BIBLE we believe in

trust obey and follow , or else its all sinking sands of men gone wrong we followed . 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Sonshine ,   LET THE LIGHT SHINE dear sister .     And let a thunderous festival of upmost rejoicing in the LORD be sounded out by the saints .   

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

7 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Jesus said:

Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.  Matt 11:28-30

Brother, you must be really tired taking inventory all day long...., I don't find any reference to walking on thin ice in my Bible, but I do find a reference to building on the Rock, ...that's what I've done, ...and that Rock is Jesus 1 Cor 10:4, ...I spend my days thanking, blessing, praising, worshiping my Wonderful Lord and Savior, my Loving Heavenly Father, and the Blessed Holy Spirit that is ruling and reigning , guiding and directing me all the day long, ...I spend 3 to 4 hours a day listening to teachings from the Word by Holy Spirit anointed Bible teachers that resonates Rom 8:16 (for those that don't know what resonates is, ...simply put, when tuning a stringed instrument out of tune it doesn't sound right in the ears, but when it is tuned to the correct pitch the vibrations will enter the ears and resonate within our heads)  within my heart and spirit, ...and when I'm not listen to teachings I have Praise music playing, ...I'm a Jesus freak 24/7.

...for I know Whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day.  2 Tim 1:12b

The key word in that verse is committed, ...I have committed my soul and spirit to Jesus, ...that's why I have rest, peace, assurance, hope that cannot be shaken in my heart Heb 12:26, 27, ...I've built my house of the Rock, ...a sure and solid foundation!

As for those that will stand before Jesus and say, "but, but, but Lord we did..."

...as opposed to what I could say, but I wouldn't dare, "Lord you know I have agreed in my will and heart to go/do wherever/whatever You have told me to do in Your Name."  Rom 10:17

As to the false allegation that because I believe in OSAS I run to sin, ...here in Tahiti the Holy Spirit is constantly bringing Phil 4:8 to my mind to use against temptations! 

I'm finished here, Paul taught to avoid debates and arguing 2 Tim 2:23, Titus 3:9

May the Lord richly bless you brother

Actually, no. Not tired at all.  In fact, what is required is a keen ear to hear the Holy Spirits convictions.  We do find in scripture that we should examine ourselves, which is what we all should be doing.  If we had nothing to be concerned bout, that would not be in scripture.

As for those who believe in OSAS as running to sin, I don't believe that is the case.  It is more like caring halfheartedly.  If all there was is to accept Jesus and ask for forgiveness of our sins and we are all set forever, then a lot of what is found in scripture pertaining to examining ourselves and do not sin is a waste of time and God would not of given it for us to learn.  Are you not sure you really believe in eternal security?

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

Actually, no. Not tired at all. 

I stated above that I wouldn't respond anymore, but I'm tired of hearing the same old diatribe of how we OSAS live for, believe, are listening to the devil!!! 

In fact, what is required is a keen ear to hear the Holy Spirit's convictions. 

You are correct, our ears need to be open the still small voice of the Holy Spirit, but Jesus said the Holy Spirit would convict us of sin John 16:8, …not in my ears, but in my heart and in my conscience.

We do find in scripture that we should examine ourselves, which is what we all should be doing.  If we had nothing to be concerned bout, that would not be in scripture.

The word examine is found three times in the New Testament:

1. Paul asked them to examine him as to whether or not he was an Apostle of the Lord 1 Co 9:3

2. Paul told the church to examine itself if they were taking Communion in an unworthy manner.  1 Cor 11:28

3. Paul said to examine ourselves to see if we were IN the faith, or not, if no then they were reprobates 2 Cor 13:5

I’m not a reprobate (not approved), …just read some of my posts and decide for yourself.

As for those who believe in OSAS as running to sin, I don't believe that is the case.  It is more like caring halfheartedly. 

I was a successful General Contractor in California, …built homes, apartments and Commercial Center in both Kern and San Luis Obispo counties, The Lord told me to close my business, strap on my nail bags and go to work for someone else, …when He called me to come here He gave me three conditions, ...to go on a one way ticket, which is impossible for a non-French person, …to go without any legal papers that would allow me to stay longer than the three month tourist visa my plane ticket afforded me, …to not accept any money from any church or individual, …ALL three of those my Father took care of, He gave me a one-way ticket, …I sold everything I owned before I left, I gave away for peanuts ($2,500) a restored ’65 Mustang, worth 3, 4 times that to buy my one way ticket and $1,000 to pay the freight on the tools and my belongings shipped to Tahiti, …I walked out of the Faa’a International Airport on the island of Tahiti with one dollar in my pocket!

He has provided for me French citizenship, He presented my Eve to me that lived on a different island than I did who had been praying for an American husband for 12 years, He has provided work for me for these 28 years to earn money to build our house, to buy my vehicles, to put food on the table and clothes on my back and to feed the poor and homeless in the streets and support our online church in France, ………do you call that a halfhearted caring????

If all there was is to accept Jesus and ask for forgiveness of our sins and we are all set forever,

The Holy Spirit says:

But as many as received Him (Jesus), to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.  John 1:12, 13

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.  Eph 2:8, 9 

What I have said above is not meant to be boasting, it’s to refute the claim that we OSAS born again children of God live a carefree, happy-go-lucky lifestyle, oblivious to sin because we are saved by Grace, …to my God, the Father of my Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit living inside of me, …be the Glory, for great are the things They have has done in my life!

Are you not sure you really believe in eternal security?

I’m sure, I know that I know that I know I’m a born again, Spirit filled child of my God, eternally secure, and there are countless verses in the Scriptures that attest to that, …any and all Scripture(s) that anyone tries to prove different are taken out of the context the Holy Spirit intended when He wrote them through the men He chose.

Brother, I was saved in a denominational church that believed and taught I could lose my salvation, ...the Holy Spirit gave me a question as a babe in Christ to ask my pastor, so dumb stupid me just blurted it out one day in church, ...he couldn't answer, total silence, ...very, very awkward, ...in fact, no one has been able to answer it from Scripture to this day, ...also, early yesterday morning the Lord woke me up and gave me three verses to refute the claim we can lose our salvation, ...but this is already way too long.  

Brother, you have told me to examine myself, ...have you examined yourself on what I said earlier about where and when did you first hear you could lose your salvation?

Lord bless

Edited by JustPassingThru
  • Oy Vey! 1

11 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

I stated above that I wouldn't respond anymore, but I'm tired of hearing the same old diatribe of how we OSAS live for, believe, are listening to the devil!!!

I'm not sure why you are replying to me with such diatribe because I never once claimed that "we OSAS live for, believe, are listening to the devil!!!"  Perhaps you are confusing my statements with someone else's?

@JustPassingThrough   I think you are looking at my questions in the wrong light.  It appears that you believe you see some sort of attack on you personally when all I have stated is that eternal security is what I believe in, not OSAS.  Perhaps you need to learn the difference between the two stances before accusing me of some how saying OSAS love to sin.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

Seeing as the devil is mentioned, lets hear his ways as told...

1. The devil promised all the kingdoms of this world to Christ. The love of money is the root of all evil, as coveted after. ..Luke 4:6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

2. The devil denied us disobeying God leads to our death as per Genesis.

3. The devil has his tares who offend in iniquity..Matthew 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

4. The devils servants serve him in sin, the devil who is sin and the power of death the devil... Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

5. The devil and his angels give no food when there is hungry, give no drink to the thirsty, they cloth nobody and visit nobody: Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

6. The devil stops you hearing the word of God and this rebuke: Luke 8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

7. The devil is over all the children of pride. No love of the truth(love lays your life down not keeps it) The lusts of the devil show who is his follower who also have no fear of God..Job 41:33 Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear.34 He beholdeth all high things: he is a king over all the children of pride.John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 2 Thessalonians 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

8. The condemnation of the devil is pride. If you have lifted yourself up, this will please the devil..1 Timothy 3:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil...Proverbs 30:32 If thou hast done foolishly in lifting up thyself, or if thou hast thought evil, lay thine hand upon thy mouth.

9. The devil encourages double mindedness. The devil wants us exalted. The devil wants us impure. The devil wants us happy. The devil wants us boasting...James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.13 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: 14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. 15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.

10. The devil began in this world by sin and we ended in this world through sin. Christ was made known from Heaven to destroy those works of the devil. The children of the devil do no righteousness, they never loved anyone but themselves as foretold for now also., the devil then loves it's own self, they covet everything, they boast nobn stop, they are proud, which is them unthankful to God and is their unholiness....1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother...2 Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Now that the attributes of the devil are made clear. Now it gives context and how appropriate it is to FEAR, as the devil does not..Jude 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

Hebrews 4:4 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

They do not labour to enter, they labour for what perishes instead, which is this world and its exalted selfish prideful ways..John 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed. Isaiah 55:2 Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

Hebrews 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

They boast, they are highminded and do not fear at all,  they do not take heed that the Lord will not spare them,. they are the last to hear all of this. If we continue in HIs goodness, good, otherwise cut off..

Romans 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Now the non boasters do not speak of themselves they do not praise themselves, as the sincere ones read how we need the Lord to commend us instead:

2 Corinthians 10:18 For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.

Job 22:29 When men are cast down, then thou shalt say, There is lifting up; and he shall save the humble person.

Proverbs 27: Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.
2 Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.

Hearken, and hear, that is examining, God has chosen the poor, the poor in spirit, of a contrite spirit and they tremble at the word, as they are the broken hearted the afflicted and suffering souls like Christ..

James 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

Isaiah 66:2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

Matthew 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Lastly, the devil is the rich, he hears not rebuke. People here told how this world is filled with people who say they believe in Jesus Christ. They received the devil instead. They are not saved by grace, because the devils grace is not to humble us, but to exalt us. The rich follower of the devil is expert in his denying and has a high wall for his own conceit. They scorn instead of hearing the rebuke. This is the rebuke, there are no other scriptures in the bible for this. Make ourselves poor to be rich, poor in spirit, poor in everyhting you wish to have, this is the example of Christ, and the Apostles too, unless there is again some bible I am unaware of for examples? The proud are cursed, not blessed, they hate the commandments of Christ, that is why many of His disciples went away. The wicked doer is not righteous in Gods eyes, these are cursed. Rebuke brings you a chance at blessing. Do you really expect the devil to rebuke ? If he did he would twist it again so you feel secure and saved. Real love is the most open lasting rebuke. The devil flatters. This is his character. The end of the world they will only hear teachers and teaching to tickle their ears, and they claim they follow Christ in this way! This is their sin, sin is coveting and selfishness and loving yourself instead of your neighbour. The warning continues right down to the end of Gods words, they will be the last to be remembered if you think rebuke is for someone else and not for you, (they are for all here). Lukewarm because you feel comfortable in your heart, and this is the miserable and poor, who do not hear that rebuke and who have happiness but your laughing now will be weeping, you don't see and are naked although you feel you see and are clothed, and now if you think you are loved by God, then yes the rebuke is for you, to be tried in the fire, to stop not feeling ashamed now, or you will be ashamed afterwards..

But as many as received Him (Jesus), to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.  John 1:12, 13

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.  Eph 2:8, 9 

Proverbs 18:11 The rich man's wealth is his strong city, and as an high wall in his own conceit.

Proverbs 28:11 The rich man is wise in his own conceit; but the poor that hath understanding searcheth him out.

Proverbs 13:1 A wise son heareth his father's instruction: but a scorner heareth not rebuke.

Proverbs 13:7 There is that maketh himself rich, yet hath nothing: there is that maketh himself poor, yet hath great riches.
8 The ransom of a man's life are his riches: but the poor heareth not rebuke.

Psalm 119:21 Thou hast rebuked the proud that are cursed, which do err from thy commandments.

Proverbs 24:24 He that saith unto the wicked, Thou are righteous; him shall the people curse, nations shall abhor him:
25 But to them that rebuke him shall be delight, and a good blessing shall come upon them.

Proverbs 27:5 Open rebuke is better than secret love.

Proverbs 28:23 He that rebuketh a man afterwards shall find more favour than he that flattereth with the tongue.

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

1 Timothy 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

Revelation 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

So many scriptures show that you are secure and fine, not many really, but even they will have a different meaning if anyone shows them with the devil who is exalted to heaven..

Isaiah 14:11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Luke 10:15 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell. (Capernaum and all other exalted people, the devil with all his likeminded angels/people).2 Corinthians 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.