IGNORED

Why the fierce devotion to arguments for legalism?

JohnD

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

28 minutes ago, nzkev said:

2 Peter 2 

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Yep . if any was cleansed clean and returns to the pit and are overcome ,   their latter end is worse for them . 

I see how osas doctrine also tries and twists the logic of romans chaper eleven .    Some try and says its to jews only ,   yet paul says it to the church .

Some try and say well being cut off from the tree does not mean out of Christ .  YET if unbelieving jews , who believed not were cast out

and if the church don't remain in HIS goodness they too can be cast out .     Means exactly what they say .   

Now , lets continue in Christ faithful to the end .    All them warnings to the seven churches and many other places , are GOOD FOR US

so as we wont follow the same bad examples .     Let all continue in Christ , faithful to the end , for if a man continues not in Him , they are cast out .

Let us HEED HIM and exhort daily , lest any does become hardened through the deceitfulness of sin .   Hey , they warned ,  I WARN . 

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

2 Peter 2 does speak of false prophets and teachers.  Their doctrine resembled many of the OSAS teachers of today.   Notice what it says in verse 19..."While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of  corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage."

The OSAS crowd teaches we can't help but to sin.  Some claim they can't go an hour without sinning.  Freedom to them is freedom from the law, so they promise freedom, but really lead people into bondage.  That is the false teacher aspect, and then comes the warning about falling away.  If you follow those false teachers, you put your salvation in jeopardy.

3 hours ago, nzkev said:

2 Peter 2 does speak of false prophets and teachers.  Their doctrine resembled many of the OSAS teachers of today.   Notice what it says in verse 19..."While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of  corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage."

The OSAS crowd teaches we can't help but to sin.  Some claim they can't go an hour without sinning.  Freedom to them is freedom from the law, so they promise freedom, but really lead people into bondage.  That is the false teacher aspect, and then comes the warning about falling away.  If you follow those false teachers, you put your salvation in jeopardy.

Which is the first commandment of all?

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. 

Could you do this for one hour? Think about it Honest question 

If you obey that commandment, you won't sin against God.  Likewise, if you love your neighbor as yourself, you won't sin against him, thus you fulfill the law.

1 minute ago, pinacled said:

and as you were once a stranger to the promise's.

Have you ever considered offering hope so that an increase and reward would be revealed in your brothers and sisters.

What is easier?

Contending for the truth is harder than ignoring lies and only speaking sweet sounding words.  If you want to get to heaven, accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and follow him down the narrow path that leads to the strait gate and eternal life.

28 minutes ago, pinacled said:

We are to be bold.  Ever read Peter's words to the people in Acts? 

BTW, I don't recognize any Bible but the KJV.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,738
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I removed a few personal attacks from this thread.  Please refrain from personally attacking ANYONE.  :)

30 minutes ago, pinacled said:

Yes and I've been there.

Do you want to hear my soul ?

For what purpose?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, OneLight said:

I remain on top of what I believe, taking my personal inventory all day long.

Jesus said:

Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.  Matt 11:28-30

Brother, you must be really tired taking inventory all day long...., I don't find any reference to walking on thin ice in my Bible, but I do find a reference to building on the Rock, ...that's what I've done, ...and that Rock is Jesus 1 Cor 10:4, ...I spend my days thanking, blessing, praising, worshiping my Wonderful Lord and Savior, my Loving Heavenly Father, and the Blessed Holy Spirit that is ruling and reigning , guiding and directing me all the day long, ...I spend 3 to 4 hours a day listening to teachings from the Word by Holy Spirit anointed Bible teachers that resonates Rom 8:16 (for those that don't know what resonates is, ...simply put, when tuning a stringed instrument out of tune it doesn't sound right in the ears, but when it is tuned to the correct pitch the vibrations will enter the ears and resonate within our heads)  within my heart and spirit, ...and when I'm not listen to teachings I have Praise music playing, ...I'm a Jesus freak 24/7.

...for I know Whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day.  2 Tim 1:12b

The key word in that verse is committed, ...I have committed my soul and spirit to Jesus, ...that's why I have rest, peace, assurance, hope that cannot be shaken in my heart Heb 12:26, 27, ...I've built my house of the Rock, ...a sure and solid foundation!

As for those that will stand before Jesus and say, "but, but, but Lord we did..."

...as opposed to what I could say, but I wouldn't dare, "Lord you know I have agreed in my will and heart to go/do wherever/whatever You have told me to do in Your Name."  Rom 10:17

As to the false allegation that because I believe in OSAS I run to sin, ...here in Tahiti the Holy Spirit is constantly bringing Phil 4:8 to my mind to use against temptations! 

I'm finished here, Paul taught to avoid debates and arguing 2 Tim 2:23, Titus 3:9

May the Lord richly bless you brother

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/7/2019 at 7:37 AM, frienduff thaylorde said:

I tell us all,  satan has handed out armour by replacing the true armour of GOD which was to keep us exhorted daily .   His armour is naught but handerchiefs for an helmet

air bubbles for armour ,    holed socks for the feet ,  the loins girt with molded garments so spotted and ruined its profitable for nothing .

So please, explain to us, teach us what is the armor of God Paul speaks of in Eph 6:13-17 so that we can clearly see the folly we are trusting in.

• Thanks 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone want to recognise further context on 2 Timothy 1:12? Apostle Paul is a chosen vessel to the Gentiles. He does know Christ as Christ even stood beside him..Acts 23:11. Acts 9:15. Paul speaks of suffering. Then he is not ashamed. What then is Paul talking about committing to the Lord that the Lord keeps until that day ?

2 Timothy 1:12  For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

1 Corinthians 4:10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.
11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

Matthew 8:20 And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

So Apostle Paul's testimony of Christ is how he was hungry and thirsty naked and tormented, without a certain home, reviled and persecuted and suffering it until his death murdered, this is the example that is true (always bearing about in the body the death of the Lord Jesus to show His life), and another ten thousand teachers in Christ is not, when their testimony speaks spending the day thanking, with hours in the word, and when not listening to the word, praise music playing...

2 Corinthians 4:10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

To not be ashamed is to believe in your heart unto righteousness..

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Abiding in Christ is to walk as He walked,( not as men walk) . Love your brother and not yourself..The way is to overcome this world as Christ overcame..

Revelation 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Revelation 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

1 John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

1 John 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.
13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.
14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

Abide in Him to not be ashamed. If we do righteousness we know we are born of Him who does only righteousness..

1 John 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

1 John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1 John 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

Revelation 14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

Philippians 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Philippians 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

1 Corinthians 15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

Ephesians 5:12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

Philippians 3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

Luke 14:7 And he put forth a parable to those which were bidden, when he marked how they chose out the chief rooms; saying unto them.
8 When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
9 And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
10 But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Jude 1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

The folly always will be that all is made for Gods pleasure and man is dust. Man thinks he has importance, and his exaltation is his importance. Search the scriptures, for they are what testify of Christ, and man is expert at speaking about himself..

Ephesians 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Isaiah 59:17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloak.

John 7:18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

1 Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

• Praise God! 2