IGNORED

Give me YOUR best EXPLAINATION of how to ...

George

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

There are a lot of GREAT answers.  My hope is that Worthy is a place where believers can come, be refined, and grow with one another in the Lord ... because NONE of us have even come close to ARRIVING.  If you think so ... Remember what Paul said, 

1 Corinthians 8:2  And if any man thinks that he knows any thing, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know.

So WHY there are disagreements -- NOT IN LOVE ... as Proverbs 13:10 says, "Only by pride comes argument, but with those who take advice is wisdom."

This word PRIDE used in this verse is such an interesting word in Hebrew.  It's only used 11 times in the entire Old Testament and also has been translated as arrogance, and presumptuously. 

So think about WHY you are posting on Worthy ... and that will DETERMINE HOW you will post on Worthy.

If you are posting ... to GROW and BE REFINED ... you will post in love and humility knowing that IRON sharpens IRON.  For who PURPOSELY OFFENDS a brother if you realize that when you do so -- YOU WILL BUILD BARRIERS.

Proverbs 18:19 A brother offended is like a strong city; and their disagreements are like the bars of a fortress.

If you are posting to CORRECT and ADMONISH all those you believe are WRONG then you are posting from a viewpoint of SPIRITUAL PRIDE ... and the forums will BRING OUT THE WORST in YOU!

Remember Paul's instruction to Timothy,

2Ti 2:24  And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, 
2Ti 2:25a  correcting his opponents with gentleness.

This is how we are to touch one another ... and discuss topics ... to sharpen one another in love!  Who does the work of correction ... ?

2 Tim 2:25b God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth
2Ti 2:26  and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will. 

That God does the REAL work of correction ... and maybe it'll be by YOUR WORDS and ACTIONS!  

God bless,

George

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom @George ,

I think sharing a point of view, even if incorrect, should be allowed.  I think debate between people, even if heated, should be allowed.  

Like you wrote above, Yahweh may do the work of correction in our words and actions - probably without or knowledge!

The difficulty is the censorship factor.  If censorship is in place, those words of correction, may never get to reach the other person. Then the fault would lie with the Moderator. (similar to a Watchman who does not relay a warning)

However, we still have a problem. Some purposely write with ill-intent.  Vaguely disguising insults to others in a post, that will have no real direction or offering for edification.  Such posts are provocative and only serve to lift the opening poster high in their own eyes.   We also have the problem of posters who rudely reply in ways they probably wouldn't if they were face to face with you in Church.

Therefore, how about adding another reaction to choose?  Perhaps like a sad face or a thumbs down.  Then, when a post gets a certain level of sad faces, it is alerted to you for review of moderation.  Or perhaps if a certain user accumulates a certain amount of sad faces, their account comes into review.  This method would allow the Moderator to have more free time, involve the users in the appraisal, and give "serial-upsetters" an on-going warning they can monitor - to allow them to change.  Another benefit is that the censorship rule would be lifted gently to allow diversity to flourish.

It's sad it has to be this way.  My ideal would be that everyone would post anything they like.  Yes, arguments would ensue, but they did in the early church as well (even the apostles).  Sometimes an angry reaction to a post can make someone see the severity of the errors.  Yes, the more sensitive of the flock need to be protected but they still need to be exposed to the variety of opinions in the Body.  Because who are we to say when a poster is or is not speaking for Yah?

Love & Shalom

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,416
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

19 hours ago, George said:

Shalom everyone,

I'm curious ... what do you BELIEVE is the BEST way to RECOVER someone who you believe is in ERROR?  I'm doing a forum test ... to see who really understands how to reach someone ... whom you believe is WRONG!

Do I have any takers?

God bless,

George

You make that sound most interesting.  Will you  be sharing of some situations as examples?

• Loved it! 1

• Steward

7 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Perhaps like a sad face or a thumbs down.  Then, when a post gets a certain level of sad faces, it is alerted to you for review of moderation.

We have the "Oy Vey" which is similar -- means dismay or grief.  What happens is that people will form "cliques" and actually start targetting an individual ... sad to say it's happened in the past and I'm cautiously watching.  Just so you know ... when a post is reported x number of times ... it's autohidden by the software.  This is why it's important to report.  For those who have "abused" this in the past in a clique we can also disable abuse of the report feature on any individual.  

As far as moderation is concerned ... usually the person offended ... is the one that reports a post. 

God bless,

George

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Steward

7 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Will you  be sharing of some situations as examples?

Sure ... in the forums, there is a person that came on as a Catholic.  I personally called him on the phone and explained that he was more than welcomed at Worthy. 

I asked him to take part in a "Soapbox" debate forum.  Most Catholics are Post-Trib ... and don't believe in the rapture.  So I placed him in a soapbox debate ... with a woman -- a wife of a pastor to debate the timing of the Rapture.  Why? 

First, I used his male ego against him by having him debate a woman.  Secondly, I didn't want him to deal with a "salvational" issue ... but rather something obscure so that he was forced to read his Bible.  I told him I'd be more than willing to help him with any issue in the debate ... after a month or so ... he started doubting what the Catholic church was teaching ... because he was seeing the truth in the Bible! 

Within a few weeks, he came to salvation.  The next part was tricky since his wife was also a Catholic.  Basically, he was so zealous -- it was turning her off ... so I just told him -- have the passion without the words -- win your wife by your conduct.  After a few weeks, she came to faith along with his entire family. 

A few years later ... I made him a moderator at Worthy.  He stayed in the position for a few years until he started his Pastoral classes.  And now he's an ordained minister.  :)

So this is someone who I didn't try to convince "Catholicism" is wrong, but rather ... knowing that the Lord has a way of recovering someone in error ... usually by His Word.  I never approached it from the perspective of why it was wrong ... but rather showed him the truth so much ... he could easily see the counterfeit!    :)

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,416
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

6 minutes ago, George said:

Sure ... in the forums, there is a person that came on as a Catholic.  I personally called him on the phone and explained that he was more than welcomed at Worthy. 

I asked him to take part in a "Soapbox" debate forum.  Most Catholics are Post-Trib ... and don't believe in the rapture.  So I placed him in a soapbox debate ... with a woman -- a wife of a pastor to debate the timing of the Rapture.  Why? 

First, I used his male ego against him by having him debate a woman.  Secondly, I didn't want him to deal with a "salvational" issue ... but rather something obscure so that he was forced to read his Bible.  I told him I'd be more than willing to help him with any issue in the debate ... after a month or so ... he started doubting what the Catholic church was teaching ... because he was seeing the truth in the Bible! 

Within a few weeks, he came to salvation.  The next part was tricky since his wife was also a Catholic.  Basically, he was so zealous -- it was turning her off ... so I just told him -- have the passion without the words -- win your wife by your conduct.  After a few weeks, she came to faith along with his entire family. 

A few years later ... I made him a moderator at Worthy.  He stayed in the position for a few years until he started his Pastoral classes.  And now he's an ordained minister.  :)

So this is someone who I didn't try to convince "Catholicism" is wrong, but rather ... knowing that the Lord has a way of recovering someone in error ... usually by His Word.  I never approached it from the perspective of why it was wrong ... but rather showed him the truth so much ... he could easily see the counterfeit!    :)

Great example Thanks. Like playing chess.

•  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/6/2019 at 8:41 AM, OneLight said:

I'll bite!

After praying and seeking the Lord on the matter, if led to, I would ask to speak to them in private and discuss the issue in love.  This may take more than one time, as with love, it is enduring and not a one time shot.  If, after time, the sinner refuses to turn away from their sin, then bring in one or two other loving believers to try again.  The very last step would be to bring it in front of the body of Christ as humiliation usually builds walls, not break them down.

I agree with this, it is the way the Bible says to proceed in such manners. Just my two bits,  JJ

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

20 hours ago, George said:

There are a lot of GREAT answers.  My hope is that Worthy is a place where believers can come, be refined, and grow with one another in the Lord ... because NONE of us have even come close to ARRIVING.  If you think so ... Remember what Paul said, 

1 Corinthians 8:2  And if any man thinks that he knows any thing, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know.

So WHY there are disagreements -- NOT IN LOVE ... as Proverbs 13:10 says, "Only by pride comes argument, but with those who take advice is wisdom."

This word PRIDE used in this verse is such an interesting word in Hebrew.  It's only used 11 times in the entire Old Testament and also has been translated as arrogance, and presumptuously. 

So think about WHY you are posting on Worthy ... and that will DETERMINE HOW you will post on Worthy.

If you are posting ... to GROW and BE REFINED ... you will post in love and humility knowing that IRON sharpens IRON.  For who PURPOSELY OFFENDS a brother if you realize that when you do so -- YOU WILL BUILD BARRIERS.

Proverbs 18:19 A brother offended is like a strong city; and their disagreements are like the bars of a fortress.

If you are posting to CORRECT and ADMONISH all those you believe are WRONG then you are posting from a viewpoint of SPIRITUAL PRIDE ... and the forums will BRING OUT THE WORST in YOU!

Remember Paul's instruction to Timothy,

2Ti 2:24  And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, 
2Ti 2:25a  correcting his opponents with gentleness.

This is how we are to touch one another ... and discuss topics ... to sharpen one another in love!  Who does the work of correction ... ?

2 Tim 2:25b God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth
2Ti 2:26  and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will. 

That God does the REAL work of correction ... and maybe it'll be by YOUR WORDS and ACTIONS!  

God bless,

George

There is no arguing with Paul....and George realizes that we , as Christians , need to be held to a high standard,as representives Of Christ in this fallen,wicked world.At the risk of sounding like an “ apple polisher”, I try to emulate George...I need to be more patient and work on biting my tongue .If and when I get to George’s level, then  I will try to get to Paul’s  level of patience and love.I try harder than anyone knows, but don’t hold your breath.....lol

I have a routine that I go through every time I fire up The I-Pad to come in here and share my Wisdom ( that was a joke ) I have a 3-part prayer that  I always pray.First, I pray that God bless my mind- that I be correct in my thinking and rightly divide the Word and prove myself to be a good student of Scripture.Simply put, know what I am talking about when I discuss the Bible.Secondly, as a one- fingered typist, I pray that I type nothing that God would not be pleased with.Thirdly, and most importantly, I pray that God grant me a loving  heart that is full of kindness and compassion,never forgetting how much I have been blessed.I desire to keep the true humility befitting a Grace saved wretch that should by all rights be crying out in Hell at this very moment. How’s that for a positive , feel- good ending....lol. God bless all of you.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/6/2019 at 11:31 AM, George said:

Shalom everyone,

I'm curious ... what do you BELIEVE is the BEST way to RECOVER someone who you believe is in ERROR?  I'm doing a forum test ... to see who really understands how to reach someone ... whom you believe is WRONG!

Do I have any takers?

God bless,

George

My humble opinion is, that we need to work in some similar way as the Holy Spirit...

(not that the Holy Spirit does not works in the light, for those who can tell)

In secrecy, in the cover of the darkness, mixing and moving in the shadows....

Under some cover, hiding the intent to correct....

So this approch does not alarm the person to be on the guard to secure, protect and defent, and get ready to counter attack...

Need to find the person in a volnurable state of not suspecting what is going on...thinking that he, she is among sympathisers...

In some situations 

the leader can use authority and the subjects follow....this is needed too, there is a time and a place for that. 

People have to learn to think correctly...

Carefully examining, which can also be use to mislead...but also not to be avoided for that reason...

Collecting all relevant information. Identifying the issues...the relevant time...still applicable today...the coulture of others...still applicable in their coulture, accept their coultural ways, do like Jesus and Paul, put your self in the back sit, ignore your conscience, the mission comes first...

Example; I have Catholic and Christian Orthodox friends...

They make their Cross before they eat...and so do I...

My father forbit us to do that, and I learn my father's way...

But I don't want to scandalized those around thinking I am lost, or atheist, or a heretic, because that's how the interpret it. 

They asked for the hepl of the saints, I say; Jesus who saved us; "Soteras" he would not mind to help us....

They light the candle, I do too, if I am with my eldery Ant, I will find the opportunity to say the light is also in us, we believe...

Many they live their way, and do not want to hear about God , they are hiding from God, so I say something to make them laugh...

Our works judge us, but our faith Saves us, we have cheet Hell, the Devil is mad at Jesus, keep on believing , no matter what is your situation...

Dont you ever look at your self, and say a person like me sure is going to Hell, why do I still believe it does not do any good.. I say keep on believing, our faith saves us....and I do the sign of the Cross, so they know I am talking as a believer in Jesus Christ...some times at the same time I whisper...they asked what are you whispering; I say in the name of the Father Son and the Holy Gost, and they say Amen... those are -habituals sinners...

Not a judging word...

What I am suggesting is reconsidering an undercover mission with an alias, and an attitude no one will suspect it is you. If you do not have one already...

And or entet with conversations with an undercover friend, and so how it is done...being the subject of correction your self, as not to expose your cover....

Defent issues and attitudes such as H-deacons or evangelists. 

Or don't worry about sin, do not let the thought torment you, and distruct you- the "you" not in the personal tense- , it cannot take you to Hell, we have the Eternal of Jesus....keep your self clean from it...the righteous indignation can be the reason for many sins- it crusified Jesus- and prosecute the disciples-, we should guard our selfs from it, it can blind, or impare our Judgement...

*Please, delete the post if you think it should, or tell me and I will do it, I thought that it may help some, even one... 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 5/6/2019 at 10:31 AM, George said:

Shalom everyone,

Do I have any takers?

God bless,

George

Be a tool in the hand of the Holy Spirit and leave personal anything out of it as much as possible.