• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Thewhitedove said:

I meant in the future potentially but yes, you are right.

And about seeing someone for your anxieties.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

14 hours ago, Thewhitedove said:

I have become almost obsessively frightened about the Great Tribulation. For the past 2 weeks I have been consumed with it and it is affecting my mental health. I feel like I have a black cloud of doom hanging over me from morning until night.God has protected my dreams thankfully, so sleep is some escape.

My issue is fear of persecution. I am a wimp with a low pain threshold. When I was giving birth to my children I was begging for pain relief, and would have agreed to anything to make the pain stop.

I am frightened about being such a weakling that I will betray Christ. I'm naturally a timid person and easily intimidated. Will God help people like me? 

I know we have been commanded to fear nothing and enjoy life but honestly the joy is draining away from my life more and more. I am having such dark thoughts and feel scared all the time.

Please help!

Do you have a true relationship with Jesus Christ? Have you prayed to God about your fears? If you are a born again Christian you will not enter the 7 year tribulation. If the fears continue maybe you should bring them up to your physician. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks everybody. Some really great points to consider! I know my thoughts aren't healthy and I do have a history of being obsessive/compuksive about uncertain future events. It had largely been under control for years but has gone out out control again. I wonder if it is an attack as it coincides with my faith getting stronger and starting a new church (where end times havent been mentioned).I have to hand it over to God and trust that I will be protected.

• Brilliant! 1

14 hours ago, Who me said:

May I suggest that you talk to someone about your 'obsession with the great tribulation.

May I also suggest that you stop reading or listening to sermons about Jesus's return, even if this means changing churches.

There is only one fact that we can be 1000% sure about and that is that Jesus will return.

That is all you need to concern yourself with. Jesus will one day return.

The next fact that we know with almost the same degree of certainty and that is no one knows when Jesus will return.

He may return durring your life time or he may return durring your great, great, greatgrand childrens life time.

Concentrate on living for Jesus now, Jesus is in charge of tomorrow and we cannot change tomorrow by worring about tomorrow.

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful response.

14 hours ago, GandalfTheWise said:

Of course He'll help!   As Christians, we often unintentionally put way too much pressure on ourselves.   Consider Peter's betrayal of Jesus.  He was scared of what might happen to him, and a few hours after saying to Jesus' face that he would be willing to die for him, Peter started swearing that he didn't know Jesus.  

69 Now Peter was sitting out in the courtyard, and a servant girl came to him. “You also were with Jesus of Galilee,” she said. 70 But he denied it before them all. “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he said. 71 Then he went out to the gateway, where another servant girl saw him and said to the people there, “This fellow was with Jesus of Nazareth.” 72 He denied it again, with an oath: “I don’t know the man!” 73 After a little while, those standing there went up to Peter and said, “Surely you are one of them; your accent gives you away.” 74 Then he began to call down curses, and he swore to them, “I don’t know the man!” Matt 26:69-74 NIV

Months later, Peter was standing in public proclaiming Christ and ended up in jail.   It's not a question of our natural abilities or willpower, it's about God's Spirit indwelling us and changing us and empowering us during such times.

54 When the members of the Sanhedrin heard this, they were furious and gnashed their teeth at him. 55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56 “Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.” 57 At this they covered their ears and, yelling at the top of their voices, they all rushed at him, 58 dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. Meanwhile, the witnesses laid their coats at the feet of a young man named Saul. 59 While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”60 Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he fell asleep.  Acts 7:54-60 NIV

The way we prepare for such situations is to consistently walk with God and grow spiritually.  How we respond at such times is mostly determined by how we've lived our lives up to that point.  Our trust and confidence in God is something that grows over time as we get to know Him more and more each day.  Faith is not something we conjure up through willpower and desire.  Faith is trust and confidence based on days, weeks, months, and years of seeing what God does in our daily lives.

When I became a Christian over 40 years ago, I got into reading much about the end times.  I was convinced the Lord's return was soon.  Now, I figure there's a very good chance I'll physically die before that day.  At some point, I stopped worrying about trying to figure out when the Lord's return would be and what was happening in the world and just started going about living my life without worrying about it.  If His return is tomorrow, cool.  If it is a few centuries from now, fine.   I've decided to live my life so as to leave a legacy behind that might be a blessing to those who follow.

A very soothing response, thank you.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

6 minutes ago, Thewhitedove said:

A very soothing response, thank you.

There ain’t NOTHING to worry about unless you see on the news that somebody signed a 7 year Peace Treaty with Israel or if The Jews are constructing the Third Temple. If you have God’s Spirit in you, God will give you any courage you need.Trust God.Faith will be rewarded!

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,738
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

15 hours ago, Thewhitedove said:

I have become almost obsessively frightened about the Great Tribulation. For the past 2 weeks I have been consumed with it and it is affecting my mental health. I feel like I have a black cloud of doom hanging over me from morning until night.God has protected my dreams thankfully, so sleep is some escape.

Mat 24:6  And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled, for all these things must occur; but the end is not yet.

Just realize that it's actually a command by Jesus ... to not be troubled.  Take comfort in the fact ... we've read the end of the book!  ;)

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Learn to take a day at a time with God's help.   God will give you the grace and strength you need as your days are.   As someone else mentioned, I don't believe born again Christians will go through the Tribulation.   Try reading the Psalms, particularly verses that are comforting to you and meditate on them.   Let them become part of your heart/spirit.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

19 hours ago, Thewhitedove said:

My issue is fear of persecution. I am a wimp with a low pain threshold. When I was giving birth to my children I was begging for pain relief, and would have agreed to anything to make the pain stop.

I am frightened about being such a weakling that I will betray Christ. I'm naturally a timid person and easily intimidated. Will God help people like me? 

I know we have been commanded to fear nothing and enjoy life but honestly the joy is draining away from my life more and more. I am having such dark thoughts and feel scared all the time.

Please help!

Shalom WhiteDove,

I can relate with your post, as I felt the same way a few years back.

In this way, your persecution is already here!  These thoughts, whether from Yahweh or your flesh, are putting you through mentally challenging times and effectively testing your resolve. The anticipation of an event is often worse than the event itself.  This is what by your persecution being here already.

So, what can be done?  Trust in the Lord's FAITHFULNESS. Trust in His goodness, love and care towards us.  Yes, some do face persecution but I say pretty confidently that such people have been ready for it and proud to face such a time.  The Father knows you and your heart.  He won't put you through anything He doesn't think you can take - especially as those who do face such times do so bravely, to bring glory of His Name. 

So then, maybe this dark time you are going through or mental torment is a form of persecution.  A virtual scenario in which to test your resolve.  That might be all you ever get!  You might be in the crowd of those who are protected supernaturally by the Lord when everything else falls apart - just like Israel in Goshen during the plagues.   So don't worry about such things until they are even a valid possibility.  Leave such concerns to the very last minute if anything.

My view (please no one turn this into a eschatological topic) is that we still are a little bit away from the Great Tribulation.  The world and Israel doesn't look quite right for the event yet - but it is getting there fast.  Therefore, the Great Tribulation may not even be in our lifespan.

However, treat this mental persecution as you would a real one.  Trust in Yahweh's FAITHFULNESS, His Goodness, His Love and His Promises.  Rest - as if you were in Goshen, safely watching Egypt being torn apart an rejoicing at your freedom to come.  Trust, Trust, Trust. If you do this, such thoughts will leave you after a while.

Seek the Spirit's infilling daily and The Spirit will give you a joy and shalom that no fear will overcome.

Love & Shalom

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Fear is of the devil. The only thing God said we should fear is Him.

Being afraid of the tribulations or be anxious of the coming of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ should not be.

If you decide to start taking everyday as if it is your last day on Earth, fear will have no place in your life because you know if Jesus Christ comes today, you will go with him.