• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 5/6/2019 at 8:33 AM, Thewhitedove said:

I have become almost obsessively frightened about the Great Tribulation. For the past 2 weeks I have been consumed with it and it is affecting my mental health. I feel like I have a black cloud of doom hanging over me from morning until night.God has protected my dreams thankfully, so sleep is some escape.

My issue is fear of persecution. I am a wimp with a low pain threshold. When I was giving birth to my children I was begging for pain relief, and would have agreed to anything to make the pain stop.

I am frightened about being such a weakling that I will betray Christ. I'm naturally a timid person and easily intimidated. Will God help people like me? 

I know we have been commanded to fear nothing and enjoy life but honestly the joy is draining away from my life more and more. I am having such dark thoughts and feel scared all the time.

Please help!

I believe that walking with Jesus puts an end to our fear. If we have repented of our sin, what can harm us?

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 5/6/2019 at 4:33 PM, Thewhitedove said:

I have become almost obsessively frightened about the Great Tribulation. For the past 2 weeks I have been consumed with it and it is affecting my mental health. I feel like I have a black cloud of doom hanging over me from morning until night.God has protected my dreams thankfully, so sleep is some escape.

My issue is fear of persecution. I am a wimp with a low pain threshold. When I was giving birth to my children I was begging for pain relief, and would have agreed to anything to make the pain stop.

I am frightened about being such a weakling that I will betray Christ. I'm naturally a timid person and easily intimidated. Will God help people like me? 

I know we have been commanded to fear nothing and enjoy life but honestly the joy is draining away from my life more and more. I am having such dark thoughts and feel scared all the time.

Please help!

Remain in faith and work on spiritual growth.