IGNORED

How can I try to convince a Muslim that the bible is the true religion.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello, its Helena.

Yesterday I asked a question on this topic for the first time. I am christian and have a muslim boyfriend and I asked for your advice, wether to stay in this relationship with the goal to marry, or to quit. 

I wanna thank you for the responses, even though they hurted like hell. Almost everybody told me to quit and some of you even got angry, unfortunately. Some people told me it was my own mistake and that I put myself in this situation, but what can I say about it. I guess it was my own mistake, but its love.

Still I want to ask you for advice.

I want to talk with my boyfriend about my religion, about the bible. Sometimes the problem is that I feel like I’m not really good in talking about the bible because he believes his own religion. Even if I pray for strength and words to come out from the Holy Spirit, sometimes they just dont come out. 

Don’t get me wrong, this isn’t about staying in the relationship. I just want to help him. I love him and I want him to be saved, I just want to ask you for help for what to tell him and how I can try to convince him.

How can you try to convince/ tell a muslim about the bible. What are the right things to say to make him think about it?

I want to teach him about the bible, and I’ll have to choose about the relationship. If he doesn’t wanna listen I will eventually break up with him. Even though it will hurt like hell, i’ll have to.

But I will Always pray for him, and thats why I’m asking for your advice as your sister.

I hope you can help me.

I’m sorry if my English is bad by the way, I’m from Europe.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

helena, thank you for these questions because they indicate you are responsive to the answers.  I read your first one asking advice about a possibility of marriage to a Muslim and was also in total agreement with those who are recommending, as painful as it will be, to not pursue this any further.  There is a saying here in the USA that "Love is blind but marriage is a good optometrist!"

As far as actually converting this person?  I would think the chances range from slim to none because the Muslim's allegiance is to Islam and not to Jesus Christ.

He is not going to be receptive to your Christian faith because his allegiance is to allah, the moon god of Arabia.

No other religion is accepted by his allah except Islam (Surah 2:256)

his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.

These are just a few references of a long list.

Here are a few quotes on the Islamic view of women you might find interesting:

"If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice," (4:3).

". . . . . As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all)," (4:34).

Trying to persuade a Muslim to accept the truth of Scripture over the contradictions of the Quran is a noble desire, but for you and many who have been a Christian for years, it is an exercise in frustration at best. 

The Quran itself claims that it is a continuation of the Bible and it will not contradict it (Sura 2:136).  What this means in logic is that whenever the Bible and the Quran have a conflict or contradiction, the Quran is to give way, not the Bible.  This is particularly true when the text of the Quran contradicts the text of the Bible. The Muslim position is that the same God (Allah) revealed the Bible and the Quran.  Thus the Quran will never contradict the Bible, otherwise Allah would be contradicting himself.  It is only obvious that if Allah contradicted himself, he is not perfect. And if he is not perfect, then he cannot be God.

Since the Bible was before the Quran and the Quran itself appeals to the Bible for verification, then whenever there is a conflict between the two, the newer and the lesser (the Quran) must give way to the older and the greater (the Bible).

All of this seems to be a valid argument, right?  But if you present these facts to a Muslim, you will see that their (his) defense will simply be: "I hear what you are saying but the Bible has become corrupt at this point otherwise it would agree with the Quran!"  This will be the response of the Muslim even when there is no proof or evidence whatsoever that the Bible is, was, or ever, has been corrupted at any point!

There are many more pages of facts and evidence that can be presented but these few should give you cause for concern if you choose to continue this relationship.  If you have the opportunity to visit with us in live chat, I would love to discuss this with you further one on one in real time.  And by the way...........your English is very good!  No need for you to apologize for it.

thanks again for a very good question.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Whether he is a practicing Muslim [reading the Qur'an; praying 5 times a day towards Mecca; observing holy days] or Muslim by culture/habit, this is going to be hard.

Muslims have been taught all the reasons why Christianity is wrong and why Christ is not a Messiah.  In other words, they are entrenched.

First, you have to pray for him.  Pray that God binds the strongholds of Islam that are in his heart and mind. A stronghold is just that.  It's a fortress set up in the hearts and minds of people "protecting" and defending the sin, the wrong doctrine, and evil.  Think of little castles with moats around them set up in our hearts and minds.  Those have to be bound and defeated first. 

Jesus spoke of defeating strongholds.  He said, "You can't come into a strong man's house and plunder until you have first bound him up."  The strong man here was the devil and the plundering of  the strong man was him saving souls away from the devil.  Only Jesus can bind up the strong man, the strongholds, in people.

We don't have that power.  But we can pray for God to do so and we can witness to the person.

Is he a practicing Muslim?  What about his family?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

All of the above, but also try to persuade him to read the Bible.

This will be easier if you have read (or are prepared to read) the Qur'an. (Fair's fair - why should he read your holy book if you haven't read his?) Reading the Qur'an won't hurt you if you are strong in your faith; it's nowhere near as good as the Bible!

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Dont be discouraged. Right now , evil Iran  is number one in Muslims being converted to Christianity- by the thousands.Somebody is doing something right.Why not do some research on how others are having success? I would run a google search into You Tube and see if they have people there that talk about this subject.I’d bet that there is helpful info out there if you dig for it.Always Pray, Of course.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,291
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Hi Helena, of course, a Christian should always date a Christian.   However...

Is he a devout Muslim or just observing the holidays and avoiding pork?   Is his family devout?   If they are devout, they will expect you to convert.  They will expect any children to be raised as Muslims.  Of course, all things are possible with God....even the conversion of Muslims!!  And, yes, many Muslims are finding Christ now.   However, most of them are afraid to leave Islam due to being ostracized by their family or other Muslims.   In some countries they can be put to death for leaving Islam.

If you are able to have a conversation with him about Jesus....I would explain that God's holiness is so holy that any good works we do are still like dirty rags to God.   We can never attain being good or holy enough to be in God's presence.   This is why we all need Jesus as our personal Savior....Jesus was/is the sinless blood sacrifice that paid for our sins.   He not only died for our sins so we can be forgiven and become righteous in God's sight.....but Jesus also rose from the dead.   Jesus overcame sin, death and the devil by His resurrection....He lives today and is our advocate.  The Holy Spirit also dwells within us when we believe on Christ, making us children of God.   Believing on Jesus gives us peace with God and the assurance we will go to be with God after we die.

You might mention the significance of Jesus' Virgin Birth.... Muslims believe in the Virgin Birth.   The Virgin Birth was necessary so Jesus could be a sinless sacrifice.   Also, stress the resurrection, that Jesus is alive.

I hope you have a loving, Bible teaching church that teaches we all need Jesus as our Savior and Lord.   Invite your boyfriend to church and see what happens.   If he doesn't want to believe on the Lord, you will have to leave the relationship.... otherwise it will be an unhappy marriage for you.   But hopefully, he will respond!

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

19 hours ago, helena said:

Hello, its Helena.

Still I want to ask you for advice.

I want to talk with my boyfriend about my religion, about the bible. Sometimes the problem is that I feel like I’m not really good in talking about the bible because he believes his own religion. Even if I pray for strength and words to come out from the Holy Spirit, sometimes they just dont come out.

How can you try to convince/ tell a muslim about the bible. What are the right things to say to make him think about it?

I want to teach him about the bible, and I’ll have to choose about the relationship. If he doesn’t wanna listen I will eventually break up with him. Even though it will hurt like hell, i’ll have to.

But I will Always pray for him, and thats why I’m asking for your advice as your sister.

I hope you can help me.

I’m sorry if my English is bad by the way, I’m from Europe.

It is not about the bible, but it is all about Jesus.

The difference between islam and Christianity is in Islam they have to earn the reward of paradise.

In Christianity it is given to undeserving but sorry sinners.

As suggested invite him to attend church with you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, helena said:

Shalom Sister,

Wow, a difficult situation for sure.  I'm not sure how many of us can truly appreciate the confusion and turmoil you are going through with this dilemma.

I recommend the following book:

A Christian's Pocket Guide to Islam, by Patrick Sookhdeo

Patrick used to be a Muslim and now is a Christian.  In this short little guide he highlights the many issues and errors in Islam.  It may be useful for you to read, to defend your opinion with facts, or to provide to this man.

That said, you shouldn't provide this book to him before reading it yourself.  You know you this guy and should be able to gauge how he would react to it.  From memory, Patrick is respectful in the book but how would you feel if you were handed a similar guide!  Therefore, I recommend for you to read this small book first and then decide.

One final bit of advice.  How would you feel if God told you that you had to let this man go?  Most people would respond "I would do so!" but, when it actually comes down to it, it can be a problem.  Therefore, when you pray on this matter, pray as if you have given this man over completely to God.  Because sometimes, it's only once you have truly given up someone in your heart - in favour of Yahweh, that He will answer your prayers and start to bring about a change in them. 

Please forgive me if you are already at this stage, I mean no offense.

Love & Shalom