IGNORED

What is the most interesting argument you used with Jehovah's Witnesses or Latter day Saints?

Daniel Marsh

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  111
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1966

1 hour ago, JustPassingThru said:

I have the first French translation of the NWT, John 1:1 says the Word was God, of course their newer translations have corrected that by replacing was with a, so I'll have them read their bible not showing them it a NWT, their response is, "we have the best Greek scholars and that is not the correct translation," ...then I show them it's a NWT and ask the question, "did your best Greek scholars make a mistake?"

But the best is 1 Cor 12:3:

Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says Jesus is a curse, and that no one can say that Jesus is Lord, but by the Holy Spirit.

So I ask them if they can say from their heart, Jesus is Lord, ...man the facial gestures and croakings that come out of their mouths, if it weren't so sad it would be hilarious, ...try it, they can' say Jesus is Lord. 

actually i did that experiment and all my work colleagues could say it. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Ahh. Mostly they do not speak my language and their 'bibles' are all mixed up by mankind trying to put words into God's mouth.

However, most Christians are unschooled in their own beliefs also; as I find that most Witnesses and Mormons do not know their own religion very well either.

So since there is little common ground, dissertations and discussions mostly fall to the ground. What WILL be noticed however is our ATTITUDE towards them. It is God's family here that we are talking about, so respect and dignity should temper our interactions and be the order of the day. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  2,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 6/30/2019 at 7:21 AM, Robert.A said:

why do you get their address ? and why do you look it up online ?

I will get a friend and visit them.   In doing door to door,  we have encountered LDS Missionary homes where we were invited in and we politely shared the real Jesus with them.   I check addresses to see if they are being honest.   Another reason, most areas have a law where people going door to door must get a license and where it as a badge while going door to door.   Yes, I have such a license myself.  The purpose of that law is to protect homeowners from criminals.  A background check is done.  For Political and Religious reasons of going door to door there is no charge.   Do you really want a rapist, crimes done with guns, etc., on your doorstep when you are not home and only your wife or only your children are home?  The dishonest ones will give you the address for the Kingdom Hall they attend.   I make it a point to know that information and point out their dishonestly. 

There is a church in our area when they are in front of a public place with their stands.   Sends a lot of their members there to take copies of their literature to burn.   They coordinate their discussions with them by email and phone.   The idea is to keep them occupied, keep them from giving their crap to others, and witness to them. 

• 1 month later...

Shalom,

Watchtower Witnesses – the name they officially call themselves contradicts Third Commandment of Holy Law and, therefore, let me omit it here are called by many Christians a nonchristian organization.

Besides taking the Name of GOD in vain, they deny Holy Ghost as Third Person of One Triune GOD, using instead the term Power of GOD. (Matthew 28:19!)

They accept only New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (NWT) which includes the comments I cannot go for and which, as it seems to me, distort the Truth of GOD and deprive Believers of personal Communion with Him.

Mormons – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Saints – actually distribute around another gospel (named The Book of Mormon,) which action is strictly prohibited by 2Corinthians 11:4.

Their founder Mr. Joseph Smith apparently saw a deceitful vision staged by Satan, well corresponding to 2Corinthians 11:13-15.

Communicating occasionally with Watchtower Witnesses and Mormons, I can’t help thinking that they do wish well to their audience.

Therefore, as I spoke in our previous chapter, let’s not underestimate the enemy which is Satan. His obvious strategy in those “ministries” is not a full denial but camouflaged distortion of Truth. (For a full denial he has the scientific atheism and against them his religious fanatics, and so forth. Full puppet-show.)

Therefore, the only argument I use is “It Is Written.”

(From “Q & A – Christian Communion in Questions & Answers,” chapter 423)

GOD bless you

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Catholic
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

when they say there is no eternal punishment (Hell) I show them Mt 25:31 which surprisingly does show up in their Bibles, but I don't trust their Bibles that have, i have heard, been altered.

all Bibles have been altered but some have been altered to convey a false message the original languages never meant to convey.

so yeh, when they say that there is no eternal misery, just "the common grave" (so tired of hearing that terminology) I show them this psg. It's funny that I don't recall ONE word of argument, convincing or otherwise. Usually they move on to some other psg or change the subject.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  238
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  11/16/1993

On 5/6/2019 at 5:47 PM, Daniel Marsh said:

What is the most interesting argument you used with Jehovah's Witnesses or Latter day Saints?

My understanding of Latter Day Saints is that they believe Elohim (God) conceived Jesus by physically having sex with the Virgin Mary. Ha.

Jehovah's Witnesses failed to take into account that Aramaic (Hebrew) does not actually employ an English "J" sound. Haha.

JW's believe angels no longer appear to people and that speaking in tongues died with the apostles. With no biblical evidence to support their claim. Rofl.

JW's believe the giants of Genesis 6 were the offspring of the fallen angels, but angels do not have sexual identities (Matthew 22:30). Lol. 

That is not to say I don't believe there are no born again believers in their Temples and Kingdom Halls. I'm sure we'll see many of them at the Gathering Together. I think we all differ in belief but if we abide by God's laws and confess we believe Jesus was born of a virgin, died for our sins, and was resurrected, we're good. Then again I haven't read the BOM cover to cover...

2 hours ago, AngelInTraining93 said:

1.  My understanding of Latter Day Saints is that they believe Elohim (God) conceived Jesus by physically having sex with the Virgin Mary. Ha.

2.  Jehovah's Witnesses failed to take into account that Aramaic (Hebrew) does not actually employ an English "J" sound. Haha.

3.  JW's believe angels no longer appear to people and that speaking in tongues died with the apostles. With no biblical evidence to support their claim. Rofl.

JW's believe the giants of Genesis 6 were the offspring of the fallen angels, but angels do not have sexual identities (Matthew 22:30). Lol. 

That is not to say I don't believe there are no born again believers in their Temples and Kingdom Halls. I'm sure we'll see many of them at the Gathering Together. I think we all differ in belief but if we abide by God's laws and confess we believe Jesus was born of a virgin, died for our sins, and was resurrected, we're good. Then again I haven't read the BOM cover to cover...

The BOM is a great sleeping pill.   They should re-translate it into modern English.   :-)

1.   “That Child to be born of Mary was begotten of Elohim, the Eternal Father, not in violation of natural law but in accordance with a higher manifestation thereof; and the offspring from that association of supreme sanctity, celestial Sireship, and pure though mortal maternity, was of right to be called the ‘Son of the Highest.’”  [James E. Talmage, as quoted in Doctrines of the Gospel, p. 9.]

• Brigham Young (Mormonism's 2nd president-prophet): “The Father came down and begat him, the same as we do now…” [The Complete Discourses of Brigham Young, vol. 1, p. 321; February 16, 1849, Salt Lake City] (As citedhere by McKeever and Shafovaloff)

• Brigham Young (Mormonism's 2nd president-prophet): “The birth of the Saviour was as natural as are the births of our children; it was the result of natural action. He partook of flesh and blood—was begotten of his Father, as we were of our fathers,” [Journal of Discourses vol. 8:27]

http://www.utlm.org/onlineresources/virginbirthaccordingtoldsleaders.htm

https://www.fairmormon.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Did_God_have_Sex_with_Mary.pdf

https://beliefmap.org/mormonism/mormonism-teaches-god-and-mary-sexually-produced-jesus

In view of these opinions, why do the witnesses of Jehovah prefer to use “Jehovah” rather than “Yahweh”? For one thing, no one can be certain just what the original pronunciation was, even as admitted by those who prefer “Yahweh.” And further, the form “Jehovah” has a currency and familiarity that “Yahweh” does not have. “Yahweh” is obviously a transliteration, whereas “Jehovah” is a translation, and Bible names generally have been translated rather than transliterated. A transliteration usually sounds strange to the ears of those speaking the tongue into which the proper name has been transliterated.(g73 3/22 pp. 27-28 “Yahweh” or “Jehovah”? g73 3/22 p. 27 “Yahweh” or “Jehovah”? Awake!—1973)  https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101973210

Hebrews 13:2 Always remember to help people by welcoming them into your home. Some people have done that and have helped angels without knowing it.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  777
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

On 5/6/2019 at 2:47 PM, Daniel Marsh said:

Easy!  Mormons and JW's BOTH oppose 100% obedience to Torah.....

But Jesus requires ALL Torah (Mt.5:19) for all disciples of all nations (Mt.28:19-20).

DONE.

They can't answer....so they walk away.

blessings...

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi JoeCanadaI once asked them why they believe in two gods.   The elders told its members that I was demon possessed which backfired.   The members never met someone possessed.