IGNORED

What is the most interesting argument you used with Jehovah's Witnesses or Latter day Saints?

Daniel Marsh

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 5/6/2019 at 4:47 PM, Daniel Marsh said:

What is the most interesting argument you used with Jehovah's Witnesses or Latter day Saints?

I did a Hell study with JW. They kept coming back wanting to do bible studied first their was 2 women then 3. I pulled out the strongs concordance and hallie commentary started checking their bible and what they were reading against the srtongs. They started giving me verses and asking what strongs base word for hell/ sheol was. They realized that alot was translated sheol that should not be. They litterly saw their translation and sheol doctrin dissolve in front of their eyes. They weren't aloud to come to my house any more.  One girl Shannon kept coming any way and we had great studies she saw Michael isnt Jesus, that he was was with God and the Word was God not a god.  Realized their choosing their own 144,000 from themselves was wrong. We debunked the watch tower every time they got a new one. They really shunned her to try to control her. Her mom even shunned her, then she turned her mom in for sneaking cigarettes, so the church shuned her mom. We kept praying and standing, her whole family eventually left/ was shunned by JW and became christians.

I'm still marked on there "do not vist" list and it was 20 years ago.. I saw 2 men with watch towers walking to my neighbors a few months ago. Asked them if they could help unload hay, I had a trailer with 100 bales. They always say they just want to be of service. They said they had their good cloths on so they couldn't and started walking faster. Guess that was kinda mean of me, so I repented. 

Edited by Reinitin
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

I testified to LDS how God had changed my life and my husband's.  They have nothing like that.  They boast about what their church has done for them.  I have never heard once say that God has changed their lives.  

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Once when the Jws came and asked what one thing I would wish for for the world, I told them for everyone would be filled with the Holy Spirit of God.  She said she supposed that would solve everything; but she returned the next week with a hardened old biddy who did her best to be obnoxious so I would ask her to leave so she would get a brownie button.  I had to pick up my son from school and did ask her to leave.  Rats!

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

9 hours ago, Willa said:

Once when the Jws came and asked what one thing I would wish for for the world, I told them for everyone would be filled with the Holy Spirit of God.  She said she supposed that would solve everything; but she returned the next week with a hardened old biddy who did her best to be obnoxious so I would ask her to leave so she would get a brownie button.  I had to pick up my son from school and did ask her to leave.  Rats!

That was like the 3rd lady that started coming, She really knew the JW doctrin and the propiganda behind the excuses for the choices they made for their translation . But it became really obvious that the translation was manipulated to support their doctrin. I assumed they sent her because the two younger women came back with questions after a deep dive into their sheol doctrin. I was a young Christian and really didn't have any indoctrination on what was true. I just had a "cool, let's study and see" attitude.

Plus it was God he wanted to save Shannon and her family.My brother in law"s dad was a professor at Dallas Baptist Seminary. I loved studying so they gave me his personal library and I had boxes and boxes of commentaries, bible dictonarys, Greek and Hebrew dictionaries,  bible archeological encyclopedias, blue letter bibles, strongs, history of the churches, history of bible translation. I still havent read all the books i was given.

I think God also wanted me to see how strong spiritual blindness can be and how powerful the control mechanisms behind these false teachings can be. So I try not to become indoctrinated just stay with a let's study and see attitude. 

Because of 2 thess 2 I try to keep my pray, God keep me loving and open to hear truth no matter how bad it gets.

Edited by Reinitin
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  1,274
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

Accusing them of angel worshiping. The angels and all the host of heaven, including Micheal(Revelations 10), are in the image of the Word of God. We are not the only ones. The difference is the level of authority we have been granted. No one should be confused with the Logos Himself, even thou they are in His likeness.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,083
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

I keep extra work clothes for those who visit in door to door.

They learned the worst thing they can do is label someone like myself "demon processed"  

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  111
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  09/20/1966

On 5/7/2019 at 7:47 AM, Daniel Marsh said:

i never argue. i invite them in. offer a cool drink and then show love.

Love is what wins people to christ  not arguments.

Edited by Robert.A
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,083
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

54 minutes ago, Robert.A said:

i never argue. i invite them in. offer a cool drink and then show love.

Love is what wins people to Christ  not arguments.

In my misguided Pagan days,  I would invite them in serve them Wine and Cheese and put on a bad taste VHS tape. 

Now, I invite them in,  walk them through my library and give them books.  Ask them what they would like to drink and give them a choice of what I have.

If I put on a Movie, I make sure it is Family Friendly or Bible Related.

I also, get their phone number and address.   I check the address online using Property Search though the township or city website.  

http://www.greenoaktwp.com/

http://www.greenoaktwp.com/government/assessing/property_and_tax_search.php

https://bsaonline.com/?uid=251&sitetransition=true

https://bsaonline.com/SiteSearch/SiteSearchResults?SearchFocus=All+Records&ubHideName=false&ubHideAddress=false&ubHideParcelNumber=false&mrHideName=true&mrHideAddress=true&mrHideCustomerID=true&mrHideInvoiceNumber=true&mrHideParcelNumber=true&SearchCategory=Address&SearchText=6000-6600+Island+Lake+dr&AddrSearchStreetName=&AddrSearchStreetNumFrom=&AddrSearchStreetNumTo=&UseAdvancedAddrSearch=false&uid=251

Edited by Daniel Marsh
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/7/2019 at 3:28 PM, Ed J said:

I have a funny story I would like to share with you.
My brother found a NWT blowing about in the street
It was all tattered, and I told my brother I would take it.

I have the first French translation of the NWT, John 1:1 says the Word was God, of course their newer translations have corrected that by replacing was with a, so I'll have them read their bible not showing them it a NWT, their response is, "we have the best Greek scholars and that is not the correct translation," ...then I show them it's a NWT and ask the question, "did your best Greek scholars make a mistake?"

But the best is 1 Cor 12:3:

Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says Jesus is a curse, and that no one can say that Jesus is Lord, but by the Holy Spirit.

So I ask them if they can say from their heart, Jesus is Lord, ...man the facial gestures and croakings that come out of their mouths, if it weren't so sad it would be hilarious, ...try it, they can' say Jesus is Lord. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  111
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  09/20/1966

2 hours ago, Daniel Marsh said:

In my misguided Pagan days,  I would invite them in serve them Wine and Cheese and put on a bad taste VHS tape. 

Now, I invite them in,  walk them through my library and give them books.  Ask them what they would like to drink and give them a choice of what I have.

If I put on a Movie, I make sure it is Family Friendly or Bible Related.

I also, get their phone number and address.   I check the address online using Property Search though the township or city website.  

http://www.greenoaktwp.com/

http://www.greenoaktwp.com/government/assessing/property_and_tax_search.php

https://bsaonline.com/SiteSearch/SiteSearchResults?SearchFocus=All+Records&ubHideName=false&ubHideAddress=false&ubHideParcelNumber=false&mrHideName=true&mrHideAddress=true&mrHideCustomerID=true&mrHideInvoiceNumber=true&mrHideParcelNumber=true&SearchCategory=Address&SearchText=6000-6600+Island+Lake+dr&AddrSearchStreetName=&AddrSearchStreetNumFrom=&AddrSearchStreetNumTo=&UseAdvancedAddrSearch=false&uid=251

why do you get their address ? and why do you look it up online ?