IGNORED

MARK 6:3 DID JESUS HAVE BROTHERS AND SISTERS ?

douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

Mark 6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

Jesus had siblings, brothers and sisters. Mary had other children. Jesus had siblings, conceived by Mary and Joseph.

Genesis 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

4:2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

Brother in the Bible means brother.

Galatians 1:19 But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

Paul clearly speaks of James as being the Lord's brother.

1 Corinthians 9:5 Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?

Paul speaks of being able to to have a sister as a wife; not a sibling sister, but rather a believer. This differentiation is derived strictly from an unbiased and natural common sense consideration of the text and context. By utilizing the same common sense, it can be also determined that the brethren of the Lord are siblings rather than believers.

1 Corinthians 1:1 Paul called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

Here Paul is speaking of Sosthenes as being a brother in the sense of being a fellow believer.

Mark 3:31 There came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him.

3:32 And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee.

3:33 And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren

3:34 And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

3:35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

In this scriptural passage, is one last example of the ready distinction between family and fellow believers. If viewed honestly, it is apparant that in Mark 3:31-32 Jesus's brethren and mother is his family; in Mark 3:34-35 Jesus is speaking of those who believe.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,858
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

Yes

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

One of Jesus' brothers was James in the Bible.   

Mat 13:55  Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Gal 1:19  But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

• Thumbs Up 1