IGNORED

What would it take for you to leave your religion?

Leyla

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

many leave their religion simply by an relationship with another person

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Life is not worthy living without God in my life daily comforting and guiding me.  There would be no hope for the future without Him.   He is life and He is my light.  

Jhn 6:67  So Jesus said to the Twelve, “Do you want to go away as well?”   Jhn 6:68  Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life,  Jhn 6:69 and we have believed, and have come to know, that you are the Holy One of God.”

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/7/2019 at 2:20 PM, Leyla said:

Im an ex muslim

Hi Leyla,

You say you are an exmuslim, ...but that's not enough, you have to make a choice, ...Jesus said:

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him:  John 6:44

The fact that you saw the Light (Gen 1:3), and left Islam is proof the Father is drawing you to His Son Jesus Christ, you have been set free from that bondage, ...however, now the choice has been set before you in Whom you will follow, ...I have been through the same dilemma in my life, when my eyes were opened the enemy of our souls sent every possible distraction he could, ...I studied with the Jehovah Witnesses, the Mormons, the Buddhists, the Rosicrucians, New Age, but, there was always something missing, ...read again the above verse, Father is drawing you to His Son, Jesus, ...it was Jesus that was missing from all of those belief systems.

What you are actually experiencing is God removed the darkness that was blinding your mind:

But if our good news (the gospel) is veiled, it is veiled from those who are on the way to destruction:  Because the god of this world has made blind the minds of those who have not faith, so that the light of the good news of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, might not be shining on them 2 Cor 4:3, 4

Father, in His mercy and Grace has opened your eyes to the Light of the Good news which is the Glory of Christ, ...who is God, ...Leyla, ...do you believe Jesus, not allah, is God, ...the creator of the Heavens and the Earth?

If so, then that is more Light and Truth Father has revealed to you, that is the next question, the next step in the process of Father drawing you to His son, Jesus Christ, ...if not then ask Him, from your heart, to reveal it to you. 

Now then, if you believe in your heart that Jesus Christ is God then you must open your heart to the Gospel message:

That Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures;  1 Cor 15:3, 4

We/you must believe in our hearts that we are sinners:

...as it is written: "There is none righteous, no not one; Romans 3:10

...for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23

...For the wages of sin is death, Romans 6:23a

We/you must believe and have faith in the fact that Jesus died in our place on the Cross for our sins:

...but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23b

For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, Ephesians 2:8

If you understand this in your heart, then now is the time to make your choice to receive Jesus as your Savior and Lord.

Because if you confess the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.  For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses unto salvation.  Rom 10:9, 10

It's that simple dear one, ...why not make the choice to receive Jesus into your heart and join us in the Family of God?

Lord bless

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/26/2019 at 9:08 AM, Pekoudah said:

We will all be judged by our deeds. If the deeds are carnal then we will suffer a great loss...less than what we have now.

At the judgment (bema) seat of Christ, your life, as you lived it after you were saved, will be held up to the standard of Christ.   In other words.. "what did you do in my BODY, after you were saved"........= all that we have done....for Christ, after we are saved, will be examined, and rewarded, or cast away as "wood, hay, and stubble".

And how will God, (Jesus) evaluate our deeds?  He will evaluate them based on MOTIVE........"God knows the thoughts and INTENTS of the HEART".......>He reads our thoughts., He knows our reason for doing what we do.

For example, am i on this forum to listen to myself try to sound impressive?  Am i trying to make people think i know a lot, and have them admire me?   Is that why i am here?

Is this why you are here, reader?   because God knows your HEART and your MOTIVES< for why you are on Christian forums.....so, you keep that in your mind.

So, our Christian discipleship, ....this is going to be evaluated when we meet the Lord,   based on why. we did it......our MOTIVE>

But what wont be evaluated is our SIN....as this is all forgiven.   We will never be judged in heaven for our SIN, as Christ has already been judged for it ALL, on EARTH.

This is Salvation.

This is OSAS.

Edited by Behold

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 5/7/2019 at 7:05 PM, Leyla said:

Hello, what would it take for you to leave your religion? What kind of evidence or other things do you need for that?

obviously, if you have  a false religion, you should leave it. But how does one know it is false? 

if it teaches there is no hell (JWs) it is false

if it teaches you don't have to do good works to get to Heaven, it is false (the Bible, which i have read both Old and New T, says we are judged according to our deeds

if it teaches some are destined for hell from birth and others are destined for heaven and there is nothing we can do about it, it is false. 

if it teaches you can earn your way to Heaven and being in Christ doesn't matter, it is false

etc

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 5/7/2019 at 5:05 PM, Leyla said:

Hello, what would it take for you to leave your religion? What kind of evidence or other things do you need for that?

The Lord already proved to me his way is the right way. He solves all my problems for me. That's a good start.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 6:12 PM, Willa said:

Life is not worthy living without God in my life daily comforting and guiding me.  There would be no hope for the future without Him.   He is life and He is my light.  

Jhn 6:67  So Jesus said to the Twelve, “Do you want to go away as well?”   Jhn 6:68  Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life,  Jhn 6:69 and we have believed, and have come to know, that you are the Holy One of God.”

:shofar::shofar::shofar:   SOUND IT OUT MY LOVED SISTER .  FOR ALL TO HEAR AND RECIEVE .  

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

@Leyla Hi. Thanks for posting the question. Scriptures show us that faith is vital. From start to finish. No faith...no salvation.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." (Hebrews 11:6)

You asked: "What would it take for you to leave your religion? What kind of evidence or other things do you need for that?"

From God's perspective, the only evidence that counts is faith itself, as seen in the verse below.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:6)

This faith causes your spiritual eyes to be opened. You are then able to be born again and become a new creation (As Jayne said, it's like being changed from a caterpillar into a butterfly:))

It's not a religion but a lifelong relationship. What would it take to walk away from Him? I don't worry about this because of HIS character and how much He loves me. My faith is anchored in HIS faithfulness. “Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy" (Jude 1:24) Praise the Lord! I hope that helps, Leyla.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 hours ago, turtletwo said:

@Leyla Hi. Thanks for posting the question. Scriptures show us that faith is vital. From start to finish. No faith...no salvation.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." (Hebrews 11:6)

You asked: "What would it take for you to leave your religion? What kind of evidence or other things do you need for that?"

From God's perspective, the only evidence that counts is faith itself, as seen in the verse below.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:6)

This faith causes your spiritual eyes to be opened. You are then able to be born again and become a new creation (As Jayne said, it's like being changed from a caterpillar into a butterfly:))

It's not a religion but a lifelong relationship. What would it take to walk away from Him? I don't worry about this because of HIS character and how much He loves me. My faith is anchored in HIS faithfulness. “Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy" (Jude 1:24) Praise the Lord! I hope that helps, Leyla.

AND that IS KEY .    MY FAITH is anchored in HIM , IN HIS FAITHFULNESS .   KNOWING HE is able to give us ALL we need to overcome .  TRUSTING IN THE LORD

and ALL things that HE SAID IS to trust in the LORD .    For whose words are those .   A wise man who walked the earth ,  OR the ONE WHO CREATED ALL THINGS

and BY HIM all things were made and without HIM was nothing made that was made .

OH yes my dear sister .     I know YOU KNOW .     I know you KNOW .    JESUS is not just some wise man .   HE WAS before it all , and by HIM was all created .

The Word was with GOD and GOD is the WORD .   And the word became flesh and dwelt among them .   Did all that was necessary for SALVATION

and was killed and ROSE again and Forty days later ascened back into heaven .   And now those who are HIS and are born again , HAVE THAT SPIRIT within .

AND it is our comfort , it is our GUIDE and if we walk after the spirit we would not fulfill the lusts of the flesh .  AND HE left us a pattern that the apsotels kept

and that pattern ALONE WORKS .   But if any man takes from , omits , changes that pattern , THEY DO SO unto their own destruction and the destruction

of all who do sit under them .     PUT those hands up sister .   RAISE them up and PRAISE THE LORD .    I SHALL NOT LEAVE you comfortless ,

I shall COME UNTO YOU and REICIEVE YOU UNTO MYSELF .  That where I am there you may be also .  HE IS THE SPIRIT as well .   OH put hands up ,  let all rejoice in the LORD .

And now for a fill in .  MY SHEEP hear my voice and they follow me and a strangers voice they will not hear ,  THEY ......................from strangers . 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 5/7/2019 at 7:20 PM, Leyla said:

Is saying that nothing can change your mind, something good or is it something dangerous?  Im an ex muslim and the question " what would it take for you to leave your religion? " was my biggest help in leaving something that I consider to be wrong now.  My answers to that question were a flawed holy book, unreasonable  teachings/believes and a lack of proof. If I never questioned these things, then I would have never come so close to christianity, something you strongly assume to be right. What I dont understand is, why we should stop at christianity. We have to always consider the possibility of being wrong. If we dont question everything then we will be stuck with the lies that we are born with forever.

On 5/7/2019 at 7:05 PM, Leyla said:

Thank you for the longer post.  The op by itself was unclear as to motive/ purpose ....

Do not stop at christianity.   You are right - not just the possibility of being wrong, but much (most?) of christendom is wrong. (notably all catholicism and whatever goes along with that false gospel).

So, yes, if people don't question everything then they are stuck with the lies that they are born with (or learn later) forever.

As noted in the first page,  a relationship with Jesus, being born again by the Father by His Will from heaven,

is not a religion 

Thus,  we have no religion to leave, per se,  except if we are in one of the false gospels or other religion in sin.

The truth is evidence enough.