IGNORED

What would it take for you to leave your religion?

Leyla

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1980

14 hours ago, Leyla said:

Hello, what would it take for you to leave your religion? What kind of evidence or other things do you need for that?

In your perspective, Leyla, I believe Christianity is (still) only a belief system different from what you have come from. You have found a new religion but have not come to a personal relationship with Jesus. Because coming to that relationship with Jesus, you would know that you don't have to keep looking for what you had thirsted for. There is no way to not know that Jesus is the truth if you have come to know Him in the way He makes Himself known. Jesus is essentially who you should have come to know. He called Himself "the truth," and reveals Himself this way:

“If you remain in my word, then you are truly my disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” (John 8:31-32)

The context of this scripture reveals that the freedom He speaks of is freedom from sin (v. 36) that a person He saves experiences. So, you should have experienced salvation from your sins that you are in bondage to until you do get saved. In the mere process you go through to receive that gift you come to know Jesus and who He is, not just know about Him.

You will experience God in this way He spoke of (you will have an inner understanding of those scriptures):
Hebrews 8:10-12
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Another way Jesus has spoken of making Himself known is this:
John 14:21
The one who has my commandments and keeps them is the one who loves me. And the one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him, and will reveal myself to him.

Jesus' words are then key. They must be heard and believed and those commandments of his must be obeyed. You have to "follow Jesus", become his disciple who hears his words and does what He says. That's the path that having a "religion", even one called "Christian", does not guarantee. That's also the narrow way to eternal life (walking in a faithful relationship with Jesus) vs. having a religion and not know Jesus by the Holy Spirit that He gives:
1 John 3:24
He who keeps his commandments remains in Him, and He in him. By this we know that He remains in us, by the Spirit which He gave us.

1 John 4:13
By this we know that we remain in Him and He in us, because He has given us of his Spirit.

Jesus make Himself known by his Spirit that comes live in the person He reveals Himself to and saves:
Romans 8:9b
But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

So, how do you get the Spirit of Christ that would fill you so that it won't even cross your mind to try to find anything in any quest outside of the relationship you would have with Him?

It's simply to do what the Gospel prescribes as the way to come into a relationship with God. The apostle Paul gives it here:

Acts 20:20-21
20 [you know] how I did not hold back from declaring to you anything that was profitable, and teaching you publicly and from house to house, 21 testifying both to Jews and to Greeks A) repentance toward God, and B) faith toward our Lord Jesus.

I recommend you listen to this message:
True Repentance

The apostle James issues that same call in these ways:
James 1:21-22
21 Therefore, putting away all filthiness and overflowing of wickedness, receive with humility the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. 22 But be doers of the word, and not only hearers, deluding your own selves.

James 4:7-10
7 Be subject therefore to God. But resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Lament, mourn, and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he will exalt you.

Jesus said this:
Luke 5:31-32
... “Those who are healthy have no need for a physician, but those who are sick do. 32 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”

The parable of the prodigal son in Luke 15 shows what it means to repent and what that accomplishes. Jesus also gave the example of the repentance of the city of Nineveh in Matthew 12:41, which refers back to Jonah 3:10. Here are a few more scriptures that capture the humility and contrition that accompany true repentance:
Psalm 25:7
Do not remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions. Remember me according to your loving kindness, for your goodness’ sake, LORD.

Psalm 34:18
The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves those who have a contrite spirit.

Psalm 51:17
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit. A broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.

All those imply that the sinner who repents is in full agreement with God about sin being an offense to Him that leads to death (bad news); he is regretful of past sins that come to his conscience; he is resolved to plead his case before God to be forgiven of his past sins on the account of Jesus' blood that he believes was shed for that very purpose (Good News), and then to "go, and sin no more" (John 8:11). On the basis of that broken humility, God sheds his grace on the one who is seeking Him and that grace becomes power to live for God going forward:
Titus 2:11-14
11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all people, 12 instructing us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly desires, and to live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present age; 13 looking for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ; 14 who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify for himself a people for his own possession, zealous for good works.

When you experience that salvation, you are put on the path to eternal life, and it's a way of righteousness (2 Peter 2:21, Romans 6:16) opposite to the way of sin, and you know it. Everything becomes new (Romans 6:4; 2 Corinthians 5:17):

Titus 3:3-7
3 For we were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness, which we did ourselves, but according to his mercy, he saved us, through the washing of rebirth and renewing by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us richly, through Jesus Christ our Savior; 7 that, being justified by his grace, we might be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

17 hours ago, Leyla said:

Hello, what would it take for you to leave your religion? What kind of evidence or other things do you need for that?

Uh... I can't.

John 10:28-29

1 John 2:19

1 Corinthians 5:5

Jeremiah 32:40

I belong to Jesus. ← which technically isn't a religion but a relationship.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

17 hours ago, Leyla said:

It would take a lot, since I've personally witnessed its reality. I suppose I could get so selfish that I refused to accept Jesus free gift, but I could never believe that he is not offering it. I've experienced bonafide miracles in my life as a direct answer to prayer. 

I suppose a similar question would be, "What would it take for me to believe that my wife never existed?"

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

On 5/7/2019 at 8:05 PM, Leyla said:

Religion is more about an advocate stating what could possibly happen after our physical death. No humans can present evidence beyond that point, as evidence is all about how humans capable of physically entering the area to gather it. So your question here is literally a paradox.

Edited by Hawkins

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/8/2019 at 1:05 AM, Leyla said:

Shalom Leyla,

Interesting question.

I would say nothing could, which sounds pretentious I know.

I'm at a stage in my Walk where no man with any "evidence", contrary to God's Word, would seem trustworthy to me.  Whatever they say they have "found" or could "prove" against the Word, I would doubt instantly. Man has been wrong many times with their discoveries but beyond this, some have questionable motives and have even fabricated evidence in the past - only to be caught later!

But rather than being ignorant to facts, there's almost like a deep knowing within that could not be removed.  Just as if I tried to convince you the sun would NOT rise tomorrow, would you believe me?  You would have no evidence to not believe me though!  Or if I tried to convince you that you have never loved someone before - providing you brain scans and psychological tests - would you then believe the evidence, contrary to what you know? What evidence would you have to fight me with though?

This confidence does not come from me though. It's a gift of the Holy Spirit. Once you are baptised in the Holy Spirit, or Ruach HaKodesh in Hebrew, the Ruach dwells within you and fills you with a "knowing", peace, joy, wisdom and love.  The Ruach within gives me the same "knowing" that I have that the sun rise tomorrow (in fact, even more so!).

Therefore, whatever "science" is provided contrary to God's existence, or whatever signs and wonders I may see from other religions, it wouldn't disturb my faith.  In fact, the Word says Yahweh will allow such things to happen around us to test our faithfulness to Him!

Love & Shalom 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

Religion is man's way of trying to define God.  Or in aspects trying to control others using religion.  

With that I know that the one true God, the father of Jesus Christ, who is the only one born of a virgin and raised from the dead by God himself to fulfill the law.  I will tell you I'm allegedly Catholic in name only.  However I am a Christian.  I believe in God and Jesus Christ is my savior.  I will personally look down the barrel of a gun or have my head cut off before I renounce God and Jesus Christ, which will never happen.  I will quote Bible verses I can remember and pray for my enemies as I die.  I am in no way perfect, but I will not, nor ever, renounce God and Jesus Christ.  I will face whatever judgement I may face when I cross the bar, but one thing is certain, I will not be facing judgement for ever renouncing God and Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

A religion is a man made set of rules and regulations, that they are told to follow, and this they are told... can lead to enlightenment, or nirvana.   So, "religion" is simply man's effort to become divine, or to reach God based on man's effort.

This is not Christianity.  Christianity is God coming to earth, dying on a cross, and taking you back into His Family.   He did it all for us.   Man is not included in the process except to receive what God has PROVIDED.

And in the case of a born again person, they can't undo being born again.   They can turn from their christian discipleship, and rejoin the world and again practice living in the flesh, but, this is not losing your salvation, as you can'tlose what God has RECREATED you to be by HIS SPIRIT.    You can only be a really bad "child of God" but a Child of God you will eternally remain.   

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

On 5/7/2019 at 8:05 PM, Leyla said:

I am a Christian, and nothing will cause me to leave the faith.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

On 5/7/2019 at 5:05 PM, Leyla said:

The man-made "Christian" religion I can take or leave. But my faith in God and in Messiah Jesus is unshakable. 

I've lived long enough and experienced too much to even question of lose my faith & hope in God. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/17/2019 at 8:48 AM, Behold said:

A religion is a man made set of rules and regulations, that they are told to follow, and this they are told... can lead to enlightenment, or nirvana.   So, "religion" is simply man's effort to become divine, or to reach God based on man's effort.

This is not Christianity.  Christianity is God coming to earth, dying on a cross, and taking you back into His Family.   He did it all for us.   Man is not included in the process except to receive what God has PROVIDED.

And in the case of a born again person, they can't undo being born again.   They can turn from their christian discipleship, and rejoin the world and again practice living in the flesh, but, this is not losing your salvation, as you can'tlose what God has RECREATED you to be by HIS SPIRIT.    You can only be a really bad "child of God" but a Child of God you will eternally remain.   

We will all be judged by our deeds. If the deeds are carnal then we will suffer a great loss...less than what we have now.

God is righteous. He doesn't have pet disciples or favourites. He doesn't respect persons. If we listen and fear His words we will adjust our attitudes accordingly. It's about our actions and attitudes. A holy God is not a safe environment for sins...ever! They who teach such things are under a severe punishment which is soon to be revealed. There is a destiny for the religious and the hypocrites...which is to be naked and in darkness. Paul himself feared being a castaway. He was a teacher and therefore highly responsible for his walk before the Lord.

1 Cor 9:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

But few people these days have any fear of the Lord and therefore no wisdom. Many surprises both pleasant and unpleasant await the house of God on that day. Judgment begins at the house of God.

There are some fates worse than death. Jude speaks of they who abuse the grace of God...as being sent away into outer darkness for ever...away from the presence of God. If we are not seeking His presence in every area in our lives today...what makes us think that a righteous reward for a life lived in such slackness merits holiness in God's presence forever?

Of course many don't see merit as having any bearing on outcome for we who are born again. But if that was true we wouldn't be judged before the great tribunal of Christ (BEMA) and there would be no talk of rewards for people being faithful at different levels. There would be no talk of being cut-off from God either.

Edited by Pekoudah