IGNORED

The prophecy of Damascus destruction has been fulfilled n still misunderstood by many.

R. Hartono

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

Yes indeedy! 

I have been studying the book of Revelation lately. There's more opinions on Revelation than Carter had liver pills. We may disagree, but I'm still personally convinced the literal city of Babylon will be rebuilt in the very near future. As far as I remember, Saddam Hussein was the last to start that project, and we know how that turned out. There's no current plans I'm currently aware of by anyone to restore Babylon. In Iraq today with all its problems and hindrances, it's hard to imagine how it could be rebuilt and flourish with all the difficulties and fighting? Then again, Christians prior to May 14, 1948 had no idea how Israel could once again become a nation in one day.

Isaiah 66:8 (KJV) Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

It's interesting to watch the United Nations and see how they are developing and fit into the end-time scenario. I know the UN is unhappy being located in New York, they have no room for expansion, and New York would like to have them out. I believe we are the terminal generation; as such, it's hard to imagine the United Nations [and Secretary General] as not having anything to do with the coming "One World Government" of the Antichrist? You can probably guess what I'm thinking.

Many able scholars also see a literal Babylon rebuilt. I am not so certain, but I don't quibble over it.  There are some pretty good folks on all sides of that issue. 

Isaiah 66:7-8 (NKJV) “Before she was in labor, she gave birth;
Before her pain came,
She delivered a male child.
8 Who has heard such a thing?
Who has seen such things?
Shall the earth be made to give birth in one day?
Or shall a nation be born at once?
For as soon as Zion was in labor,
She gave birth to her children.

I believe that passage of Isaiah 66 could have a dual application.  Yes, it could apply to the modern state of Israel in the abstract, but maybe more apropos to the removal of the righteous.  Isaiah 66:7 would seem to tie into Revelation 12, the woman in labor. In Revelation 12, the child is harpazo (forcible snatched away) to God and His Throne.  Yes, can apply to Yeshua, but He is the head, the redeemed are the body.   If that is the case, then the bringing forth of the body of Messiah as a holy nation per 1 Peter 2:9 in a single day could be the primary focus of the passage in Isaiah.  Jerusalem (Zion) is where the body of Messiah (church) was conceived by the Holy Spirit. However, Jerusalem was not what brought forth the modern nation of Israel.  Jerusalem was not even in Israeli control till 1967. 

Another take on Isaiah 66. Doesn't mean it is right, but it does have some merit.

Edited by OldCoot

• R. Hartono changed the title to The prophecy of Damascus destruction has been fulfilled n still misunderstood by many.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

Still many christians around the world believe that the present Syria under Bashar Assad shall be destroyed totally into ruin. Not true.

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 5/27/2019 at 10:40 PM, Dennis1209 said:

Yes indeedy! 

I have been studying the book of Revelation lately. There's more opinions on Revelation than Carter had liver pills. We may disagree, but I'm still personally convinced the literal city of Babylon will be rebuilt in the very near future. As far as I remember, Saddam Hussein was the last to start that project, and we know how that turned out. There's no current plans I'm currently aware of by anyone to restore Babylon. In Iraq today with all its problems and hindrances, it's hard to imagine how it could be rebuilt and flourish with all the difficulties and fighting? Then again, Christians prior to May 14, 1948 had no idea how Israel could once again become a nation in one day.

Isaiah 66:8 (KJV) Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

It's interesting to watch the United Nations and see how they are developing and fit into the end-time scenario. I know the UN is unhappy being located in New York, they have no room for expansion, and New York would like to have them out. I believe we are the terminal generation; as such, it's hard to imagine the United Nations [and Secretary General] as not having anything to do with the coming "One World Government" of the Antichrist? You can probably guess what I'm thinking.

image.png.f117e9ee82a0f9400543982c78d2c845.png

image.png.fecdc625c89de36f5ed62af87bf85d17.png

image.png.e96e72662384fc11475730fa43cfe0c3.png

image.png.8941c00f05f5caa742db34e1aa159d63.png

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

image.png.f117e9ee82a0f9400543982c78d2c845.png

image.png.fecdc625c89de36f5ed62af87bf85d17.png

image.png.e96e72662384fc11475730fa43cfe0c3.png

image.png.8941c00f05f5caa742db34e1aa159d63.png

Good morning, Marilyn,

What possessed you to post these photos from when I started to turn gray, LOL? If a picture is worth a thousand words, you and I have a dictionary to discuss. :D

These days, I try to be more cautious with my word usage; I have learned a lot from many moons ago. If I could rewrite the thoughts I posted then, today, I would replace specific words like convinced, sure, etc., with suspect, think, or speculate.

With much more study on this topic, I still suspect the Bible may refer to three Babylon types, including the “mystery.” Spiritual Babylon (religious), Commercial Babylon (buy-sell-trade), and potentially rebuilding physical Babylon in Iraq.

Given the lateness of the hour I suspect we live in, a physically rebuilt Babylon seems less likely to me now, yet still potentially possible. I think Iraq is still prophetically significant based on a study of Zechariah 5:6-11 alone.

Wailing and moaning from afar off. I maintain reservations, but several have made excellent arguments for commercial Babylon, maybe New York City or the economic system of New York and London.

Check back with me in another four years to verify my thought changes. :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

6 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Good morning, Marilyn,

What possessed you to post these photos from when I started to turn gray, LOL? If a picture is worth a thousand words, you and I have a dictionary to discuss. :D

These days, I try to be more cautious with my word usage; I have learned a lot from many moons ago. If I could rewrite the thoughts I posted then, today, I would replace specific words like convinced, sure, etc., with suspect, think, or speculate.

With much more study on this topic, I still suspect the Bible may refer to three Babylon types, including the “mystery.” Spiritual Babylon (religious), Commercial Babylon (buy-sell-trade), and potentially rebuilding physical Babylon in Iraq.

Given the lateness of the hour I suspect we live in, a physically rebuilt Babylon seems less likely to me now, yet still potentially possible. I think Iraq is still prophetically significant based on a study of Zechariah 5:6-11 alone.

Wailing and moaning from afar off. I maintain reservations, but several have made excellent arguments for commercial Babylon, maybe New York City or the economic system of New York and London.

Check back with me in another four years to verify my thought changes. :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

Hi Dennis,

I posted the pics because I thought you`d like to see the Iraqis rebuilding their city of Babylon. It is a very popular tourist attraction. And also they are building infrastructure nearby as tourists had to visit from a city 45 mins away.

Now I don`t see us being here in 4 years, maybe only 4 months at my reckoning. We`ll see.....

all the best, Marilyn.

• Thanks 1

The Future Babylon Project.

Following the 2003 invasion of Iraq, the area around Babylon came under the control of US forces. Much damage was done by military vehicles; however, the US are now working with Iraq leaders to restore Babylon.

This project is called the Future Babylon project. (2009)

Those involved will involve the local community and work to create a sustainable situation. Jeff Allen of the US side said, “The idea is to develop something that is going to be here 30 – 40 years from now and has benefits for the local people. We don`t want something that will only benefit outsiders.”

“If you have 200, 000 people a year coming to this site, you will have people staying at hotels, visiting restaurants, buying souvenirs,” Allen said. “The site is in some ways a revenue generator for the local community.”

The State Board of Antiquities and Heritage (SBAH) is the main authority responsible for the conservation of the archeological site. They are assisted by Antiquity and Heritage Police and maintain a permanent presence there.

The World Monuments Fund is also involved in research and conservation. The SBAH Provincial Inspectorate headquarters is located within the boundaries of the ancient inner-city walls on the east side and several staff members and their families reside in subsidized housing in this area.

The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization is spending millions of dollars into protecting and restoring – Babylon and some other ancient ruins. UNESCO has printed up a well-produced brochure, with Babylon listed as the premier destination, to hand out to wealthy donors.

The Babylon project is Iraq`s biggest and most ambitious by far, reflection of the ancient city`s fame and its resonance in Iraq`s modern political and cultural heritage.

Cultural Tourism.

Cultural Tourism will become Iraq`s second biggest industry after oil. The government of Iraq is moving forward with plans to protect the archaeological remains of the ancient City of Babylon, in preparation for building a modern city of Babylon.

The project is aimed at attracting scores of `cultural tourists` from all over the world to see the glories of Mesopotamia`s most famous city.

The Babylon International Festival has a goal to relaunch art, culture and even the economy of Iraq by making Babylon a showcase of a new Iraq, a must-see tourist attraction for visitors from all over the world.

By July 2019, so much progress had been made that Babylon was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The government is going to convert the Palace Saddam built into a museum.  

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 5/8/2019 at 4:28 AM, R. Hartono said:

This prophecy of Isaiah 17 has been fulfilled in history by the destruction of Samaria and Damascus by the Assyrian at 8th century BC.

Not possible.

First of all, Damascus was NEVER totally destroyed. On the contrary, it has been continuously inhabited for 4000 years: this is well known and often mentioned. The Assyrians and many others have conquered it, but have never destroyed it. To say otherwise, one must deny history.

Second, you and the others who promote this view always leave out the conclusion of the prophecy, which states that this punishment of Ephraim/Jacob will be followed by their miraculous Divine deliverance:

Isaiah 17:12 Woe to the multitude of many people
Who make a noise like the roar of the seas,
And to the rushing of nations
That make a rushing like the rushing of mighty waters!

13 The nations will rush like the rushing of many waters;
But God will rebuke them and they will flee far away,
And be chased like the chaff of the mountains before the wind,
Like a rolling thing before the whirlwind.

Isaiah 17 is a prophecy about the End Time period when "the times of the Gentiles/nations are fulfilled" (Luke 21:24). It is not a prophecy about 8th century BC invasion of the nation of Assyria; of whom there is not a peep mentioned in Isaiah 17.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 5/8/2019 at 4:28 AM, R. Hartono said:

This prophecy of Isaiah 17 has been fulfilled in history by the destruction of Samaria and Damascus by the Assyrian at 8th century BC.

The following biblical passage shows that the Assyrians captured and occupied Damascus (ca. 734/33 BC), but by no means destroyed it. As per their custom, they brought in other people to replace the ones they carried off.

2 Kings 16:9 And the king of Assyria hearkened unto him [Ahaz], for the king of Assyria went up against Damascus, and took it, and carried the people of it captive to Kir, and slew Rezin. 10 And king Ahaz went to Damascus to meet Tiglathpileser king of Assyria, and saw an altar that was at Damascus: and king Ahaz sent to Urijah the priest the fashion of the altar, and the pattern of it, according to all the workmanship thereof.