IGNORED

The prophecy of Damascus destruction has been fulfilled n still misunderstood by many.

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

Many people believe this prophecy has yet to be fulfilled :

Isaiah 17: 1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

Its because the Bible translated from Septuagint LXX has the word "FOREVER"

Isaiah 17: 2 abandoned FOREVER, to be a fold and resting-place for flocks, and there shall be none to go after them

However, direct translation from Hebrew Bible doesnt show any word of "Forever"

https://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/isa17.pdf

https://biblehub.com/text/isaiah/17-2.htm

This prophecy of Isaiah 17 has been fulfilled in history by the destruction of Samaria and Damascus by the Assyrian at 8th century BC.

2 Kings 15:37  In those days the Lord began to send against Judah, Rezin the king of Syria (Damascus), and Pekah (Samaria) the son of Remaliah.

https://www.bible-history.com/destruction_of_israel/destruction_of_israel_assyria_attacks_damascus.html

At the present times there is no longer any kingdom of Israel (the lost 10 tribe) in Samaria who will cooperate with Damascus to attack Judah.

The error of translation in the Septuagint LXX version is explained as follows : 

https://americanvision.org/9371/isaiah-17-damascus-bible-prophecy-has-been-fulfilled/

A Heap of Ruins

If the Hebrew text is followed, the cities, including Damascus, are not said to be a “heap of ruins” forever, only that they would be destroyed and become a “heap of ruins.” Consider language about the judgment of Jerusalem by the Babylonians:

“Thus says the Lord GOD, ‘This is Jerusalem; I have set her at the center of the nations, with lands around her. But she has rebelled against My ordinances more wickedly than the nations and against My statutes more than the lands which surround her; for they have rejected My ordinances and have not walked in My statutes.’ Therefore, thus says the Lord GOD, ‘Because you have more turmoil than the nations which surround you and have not walked in My statutes, nor observed My ordinances, nor observed the ordinances of the nations which surround you,’ therefore, thus says the Lord GOD, ‘Behold, I, even I, am against you, and I will execute judgments among you in the sight of the nations. ‘And because of all your abominations, I will do among you what I have not done, and the like of which I will never do again’” (Ezek. 5:7–9).

As compared to every other nation, Israel’s judgment would be worse (“I will do among you what I have not done”), and that would have to include the judgment on Damascus and her surrounding cities. And yet, we know that after 70 years of captivity (Jer. 29:10; also 2 Chron. 36:21-23; Jer. 25:12; 27:22; Dan. 9:2; Zech. 7:5). God restored the people of Israel to their land and Jerusalem as a city even though its judgment was parallel with that of Damascus in Isaiah 17:3–6:

The fortified city will disappear from Ephraim,

And sovereignty from Damascus
And the remnant of Aram;
They will be like the glory of the sons of Israel,”
Declares the Lord of hosts.

Now in that day the glory of Jacob will fade,
And the fatness of his flesh will become lean.

It will be even like the reaper gathering the standing grain,
As his arm harvests the ears,
Or it will be like one gleaning ears of grain In the valley of Rephaim.

Yet gleanings will be left in it like the shaking of an olive tree,
Two or three olives on the topmost bough,
Four or five on the branches of a fruitful tree,
Declares the Lord, the God of Israel.

Mark Hitchcock makes the following good point:

When we read Isaiah 17:1–2 and 17:3–7 together, we are forced to conclude that at the same time Damascus suffers devastation, Israel will also fall. . . . Isaiah 17 was fulfilled in the eighth century BC when both Damascus, the capital of Syria, and Samaria, the capital of Israel, were hammered by the Assyrians.”

<a href="url"> link text </a>

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

I respectfully disagree.

Those with eyes can see all the players and military buildup of the coming Eze 38: - 39: Gog - Magog invasion in Syria. Did that already happen too? The Israeli Defense Force has flown many, many preemptive sorties, striking the outskirts of Damascus for its common defense. Many of Israels enemies and political / military leaders are headquartered in Damascus proper. Not to mention the well known fact that Syria has an abundance of WMD'S in the form of chemical and biological weapons buried all around Damascus. They have shown a willingness to use those weapons on their very own people. Given the opportunity, would they use them on Israel too?

I speculate the IDF is going to obtain intelligence that puts Israel in a position; where they have to make a final preemptive strike for their very own survival. Based on the biblical description and suddenness of over night, I can think of only one weapon and one way Israel could accomplish it. And the lasting affects of that weapon(s). 

Damascus is the oldest continuously occupied city in the world. It has 'never' been completely destroyed and unoccupied in its history. At any rate, I don't believe it will be long before we find out.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 5/16/2019 at 4:29 AM, Dennis1209 said:

Not to mention the well known fact that Syria has an abundance of WMD'S in the form of chemical and biological weapons buried all around Damascus. They have shown a willingness to use those weapons on their very own people. Given the opportunity, would they use them on Israel too?

Penntagon Chief says No Evidence of Recent Sarin Gas Use by Syria

https://www.voanews.com/a/mattis-syria-sarin-gas/4236413.html

UN Inspector Says Syrian Rebels Used Chemical Weapons, Not Assad (May 2013)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXmzBFyXvVI&gl=NG

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

Well, one thing is for certain. The players are all sitting at the table for the end times scenario.  All that needs to  happen now is the right strike of the match to set the whole thing off.    Anyone who has even partially been keeping up with current events has to see what is going on.   Ultimate peace plan proposals which could possibly lead to the enforced covenant with the Antichrist who is yet to be revealed.  Turkey, Iran, Russia, Ethiopia, etc all joining hands in the region.   Technology that is staggering in terms of artificial intelligence and such.   America is such a free fall spiritually that there is little optimism that it will ever keep from totally destroying itself, let alone recover.  And the entire world of like mind on only one thing..... Israel and how they despise it, with hatred of true believers along with that. A world just daring God to intervene and lining up so that it is almost crystal clear how the arrogance of man is such that the world actually believes it can go to war with God and succeed.

We're not talking about some abstract atheism anymore. We are talking about a world with violent hatred against a God they know exists yet they want to drive Him out of this world.  How can one hate something that they think doesn't exist?  It is a non sequitur.  The world inwardly knows that God exists and wants to rip control of this world and their lives from Him.  Psalms 2 shows this mental deformity that is in the world now.  And anything that smacks of God, like believers and Jews, need to be eliminated or at least compartmentalized.  And it is this knowledge of a God they despise that will motivate them to seek and establish their own God... the antichrist.  You can't just kick God out and leave a vacuum.  Something will have to fill that vacuum and take the place of God.

Face it folks, the timer is winding down and the bomb is about to go off.  There is no stopping it now.  The days of theorizing about these things is over.   It is staring us in the face.   It should motivate us to kick it into high gear and do the job we were called to do with more earnest than ever before.  There is a world of people who despise God, but mingled within them are those who need to hear the plain, simple gospel message of redemption thru Yeshua.  Before it is too late.

Edited by OldCoot
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

8 hours ago, OldCoot said:

Face it folks, the timer is winding down and the bomb is about to go off.  There is no stopping it now.  The days of theorizing about these things is over.   It is staring us in the face.   It should motivate us to kick it into high gear and do the job we were called to do with more earnest than ever before.  There is a world of people who despise God, but mingled within them are those who need to hear the plain, simple gospel message of redemption thru Yeshua.  Before it is too late.

Agreed.

On 5/21/2019 at 11:41 AM, OldCoot said:

Face it folks, the timer is winding down and the bomb is about to go off.  There is no stopping it now.  The days of theorizing about these things is over.  

The combined attack from Samaria and Damascus was prophesied by God and it has happened thousands years ago, the historical condition (existence of Samaria) which enable this combined force to attack Judah is over in 8th century BC.

2 Kings 15:37  In those days the Lord began to send against Judah Rezin the king of Syria (Damascus), and Pekah (Samaria) the son of Remaliah.

Because they hv been demolished by the Assyrians :

https://www.bible-history.com/destruction_of_israel/destruction_of_israel_assyria_attacks_damascus.html

This is not about Gog n Magog war.

7 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

The combined attack from Samaria and Damascus was prophesied by God and it has happened thousands years ago, the historical condition (existence of Samaria) which enable this combined force to attack Judah is over in 8th century BC.

2 Kings 15:37  In those days the Lord began to send against Judah Rezin the king of Syria (Damascus), and Pekah (Samaria) the son of Remaliah.

Because they hv been demolished by the Assyrians :

This is not about Gog n Magog war.

Well, in the country's listed as bringing the attack on Israel in the latter days, Syria and Damascus are not mentioned as coming against Israel.  But that doesn't mean Damascus will not be totally destroyed.  If we take the modern names of the ones actually mentioned as coming against Israel, it would equate today to Turkey, Ethiopia, Libya, modern day Iraq/Iran, and the argument can be made that Russia is in view.  The immediate countries that actually border Israel are not mentioned as coming against Israel.   So Jordan, Syria, Egypt, Lebanon are not part of the game as players.  

And given that, the players who are part of the game are present, the game is about to begin.  At no other time in history has this alliance against Israel been formed.

Edited by OldCoot

On 5/24/2019 at 7:08 AM, OldCoot said:

Well, in the country's listed as bringing the attack on Israel in the latter days, Syria and Damascus are not mentioned as coming against Israel.  But that doesn't mean Damascus will not be totally destroyed.  If we take the modern names of the ones actually mentioned as coming against Israel, it would equate today to Turkey, Ethiopia, Libya, modern day Iraq/Iran, and the argument can be made that Russia is in view.  The immediate countries that actually border Israel are not mentioned as coming against Israel.   So Jordan, Syria, Egypt, Lebanon are not part of the game as players.  

And given that, the players who are part of the game are present, the game is about to begin.  At no other time in history has this alliance against Israel been formed.

Don't you find that interesting as well as odd. Countries surrounding Israel that hate Israel and have vowed to drive Israel into the sea. Countries bordering that have fought several wars with Israel since 1948. Surrounding countries that support Hamas, PLO and other terrorist groups. Sitting on the sidelines and not taking advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity to wipe Israel off the map? It makes me think Psalm 83: might be a duel prophecy?

If my sources are correct, biblical Ethiopia is modern day Sudan? In any case, both Libya and Sudan not long ago, signed a mutual defense pact with Russia. For decades I was convinced the "King of the North" and the far North was referring to modern day Russia, and I still do. However, a good argument can be made that it is Turkey? I don't believe we're going to wait long for the answer or if my pre-tribulation view is correct. 

We (this generation) sees the time approaching. As was previously said; we need to get busy as the ambassadors of Christ!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

6 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Don't you find that interesting as well as odd. Countries surrounding Israel that hate Israel and have vowed to drive Israel into the sea. Countries bordering that have fought several wars with Israel since 1948. Surrounding countries that support Hamas, PLO and other terrorist groups. Sitting on the sidelines and not taking advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity to wipe Israel off the map? It makes me think Psalm 83: might be a duel prophecy?

If my sources are correct, biblical Ethiopia is modern day Sudan? In any case, both Libya and Sudan not long ago, signed a mutual defense pact with Russia. For decades I was convinced the "King of the North" and the far North was referring to modern day Russia, and I still do. However, a good argument can be made that it is Turkey? I don't believe we're going to wait long for the answer or if my pre-tribulation view is correct. 

We (this generation) sees the time approaching. As was previously said; we need to get busy as the ambassadors of Christ!

I think you are correct regarding Ethiopia incorporating modern Sudan.  Excellent point!

Up to this point, the end times listed nations coming against Israel have basically used proxy nations that directly border Israel (Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt). It has never worked out well. The Yom Kippur war of 1973 was especially a disgrace to those bordering nations.   The end times will see the final major push to eliminate the Hebrew people from the land. No more playing with proxies to accomplish that.  Syria is essentially a non country today, simply  a territory occupied by Russians, Iranians, Turks, and a few American troops.  Lebanon is a proxy of Syria and essentially nothing substantive.  Jordan and Egypt haven't the stomach to take another loss to the Israelis. The basic idea of "if you want to do the job right, do it yourself" is kicking in and the major countries listed in scripture will take it upon themselves to get the job done.  Nations which happen to be in alliance with each other at this current time, unlike any other time in history.  And the beating they will take will be unlike any other time in history of nations coming against Israel. 

And exciting time to be living!  To watch so much of scripture fall into place as it has is truly something the prophets themselves longed to see come to pass.  We have been given the privilege of experiencing it first hand.  What a wonderful God we have!  It is a humbling and exciting experience all in one.  

Edited by OldCoot
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/25/2019 at 11:43 PM, OldCoot said:

I think you are correct regarding Ethiopia incorporating modern Sudan.  Excellent point!

Up to this point, the end times listed nations coming against Israel have basically used proxy nations that directly border Israel (Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt). It has never worked out well. The Yom Kippur war of 1973 was especially a disgrace to those bordering nations.   The end times will see the final major push to eliminate the Hebrew people from the land. No more playing with proxies to accomplish that.  Syria is essentially a non country today, simply  a territory occupied by Russians, Iranians, Turks, and a few American troops.  Lebanon is a proxy of Syria and essentially nothing substantive.  Jordan and Egypt haven't the stomach to take another loss to the Israelis. The basic idea of "if you want to do the job right, do it yourself" is kicking in and the major countries listed in scripture will take it upon themselves to get the job done.  Nations which happen to be in alliance with each other at this current time, unlike any other time in history.  And the beating they will take will be unlike any other time in history of nations coming against Israel. 

And exciting time to be living!  To watch so much of scripture fall into place as it has is truly something the prophets themselves longed to see come to pass.  We have been given the privilege of experiencing it first hand.  What a wonderful God we have!  It is a humbling and exciting experience all in one.  

Yes indeedy! 

I have been studying the book of Revelation lately. There's more opinions on Revelation than Carter had liver pills. We may disagree, but I'm still personally convinced the literal city of Babylon will be rebuilt in the very near future. As far as I remember, Saddam Hussein was the last to start that project, and we know how that turned out. There's no current plans I'm currently aware of by anyone to restore Babylon. In Iraq today with all its problems and hindrances, it's hard to imagine how it could be rebuilt and flourish with all the difficulties and fighting? Then again, Christians prior to May 14, 1948 had no idea how Israel could once again become a nation in one day.

Isaiah 66:8 (KJV) Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

It's interesting to watch the United Nations and see how they are developing and fit into the end-time scenario. I know the UN is unhappy being located in New York, they have no room for expansion, and New York would like to have them out. I believe we are the terminal generation; as such, it's hard to imagine the United Nations [and Secretary General] as not having anything to do with the coming "One World Government" of the Antichrist? You can probably guess what I'm thinking.

• Thumbs Up 1