• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Yes, it is more than sufficient. And as Gandalf also stated, you have the basics. And for your present understanding, it's all good, brother. Continue with your studies, and pray for the Lord for wisdom and deeper understanding of His word. He's faithful to do just that, for those like yourself that are open and honestly seeking. Now, you did mention something of demonic 'possession' if I read you right? I've got to ask this question: Have you ever gotten involved with anything to do with the occult? If so, we're starting into another serious issue altogether. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

I don't know if I've ever gotten into things that have to do with the occult but I was interested in lucid dreaming when I was younger, read the Gospel of Thomas and put some thought into that, and did other things that were messed up (some that were really messed up, or maybe all of them were). I've had some experiences.

Edited by LeeGreenForest

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, LeeGreenForest said:

I've been dealing with things that might be demonic (maybe even demonic possession), so stressing needlessly, I don't know about that. But what you're saying is that believing Jesus paid for my sins by dying for them is a sufficient belief? I don't need to go any further than that?

There are some good people on this site who'll give some good feedback and advice.  However, there are some things in our lives that we simply need other Christians to be along side of us in real life.  Having other Christians to talk to and pray with can be a big help at times.  Do you have a local church or group of Christians you regularly meet with?   This might be something to talk to a local pastor about.  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

5 minutes ago, LeeGreenForest said:

I don't know if I've ever gotten into things that have to do with the occult but I was interested in lucid dreaming when I was younger, read the Gospel of Thomas and put some thought into that, and did some other things that were messed up (some really messed up). I've had some experiences.

Okay, Lee. The reason I'm asking, is I did become pretty deeply into some occult activities in my younger days. It cost me though, and there were periods of what are termed 'oppression'. And when coming to Christ, these issues were brought into the limelight so to speak, and necessary fasting and prayer, with the laying on of hands were applied, as was needed. As a Christian, you can not be possessed. You can however, as it also was in my case, become oppressed. Can you feel free enough to confide in me, what was it that messed you up?

8 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Okay, Lee. The reason I'm asking, is I did become pretty deeply into some occult activities in my younger days. It cost me though, and there were periods of what are termed 'oppression'. And when coming to Christ, these issues were brought into the limelight so to speak, and necessary fasting and prayer, with the laying on of hands were applied, as was needed. As a Christian, you can not be possessed. You can however, as it also was in my case, become oppressed. Can you feel free enough to confide in me, what was it that messed you up?

I think maybe I just want to leave it right here at the moment. I edited my previous post by the way (more than once if I'm correct).

Edited by LeeGreenForest
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Just now, LeeGreenForest said:

I think maybe I just want to leave it right here at the moment. I edited my previous post by the way.

Sure, brother. I understand it's a personal issue for you. Follow through with Gandalf's advice, and seek out some local ministerial assistance and counsel. I'll keep you in my prayers. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

If you can sincerely say from your heart... “ Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner” you are home free.

The key to getting saved is seeing that you are lost and need a Savior.May the Holy Spirit grant you the self - insight you need to see this Truth.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, LeeGreenForest said:

So believing Jesus paid for my sins by dying for them is a sufficient understanding of how Jesus paid for my sins? Do I need to believe anything else about how He paid for my sins?

No, but when you genuinely believe in Jesus Christ and become a born again believer you will want to live a life that pleases Him. You will want to give God control of your life. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

No, but when you genuinely believe in Jesus Christ and become a born again believer you will want to live a life that pleases Him. You will want to give God control of your life. 

That "No" was directed toward my second question, right?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

13 minutes ago, LeeGreenForest said:

That "No" was directed toward my second question, right?

It was to this question. 

"So believing Jesus paid for my sins by dying for them is a sufficient understanding of how Jesus paid for my sins? Do I need to believe anything else about how He paid for my sins?"

Read your Bible. Start with the book of John.

3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

It was to this question. 

"So believing Jesus paid for my sins by dying for them is a sufficient understanding of how Jesus paid for my sins? Do I need to believe anything else about how He paid for my sins?"

Read your Bible. Start with the book of John.

But those are two questions.