• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,274
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, LeeGreenForest said:

(I posted this on another Christian forum and I'm reposting it here)

Is believing that Jesus paid for my sins by dying for them, that He rose from the dead, and that He is Lord enough to be saved? I'm trying to work through my salvation, please tell me anything else I should believe.

Also, is believing that Jesus paid for my sins by dying for them a sufficient understanding of how Jesus paid for my sins? Is there more to it? Do I need to know exactly how Jesus paid for my sins?

As John 3:16 says yes believing is enough and no you don't need a detailed understanding of how atonement works.

May I suggest that rather than post on forumsyou check out the christianityexplored web site for a church in your area that runs this course and ring/email etc the minister and arrange to meet him.

You will get a more insant and personal responce as well as start joining a Christian community.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, LeeGreenForest said:

In 1 Corinthians 15:3 (NIV) it says, 

For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

Is believing that Jesus paid for my sins by dying for them, that He rose from the dead, and that He is Lord enough to be saved? I'm trying to work through my salvation, please tell me anything else I should believe.

Also, is believing that Jesus paid for my sins by dying for them a sufficient understanding of how Jesus paid for my sins? Is there more to it? Do I need to know exactly how Jesus paid for my sins?

You aren't asking the right questions if you are concerned about real salvation. This way of thinking is the product of the modern heresy of "claiming salvation" for oneself by a properly formulated belief statement...or lip service....by "accepting" Jesus and claiming all benefits for yourself based on the selfish motive of saving your own skin, as it were. These are come-ons made by religious establishments looking to become successful and wealthy in this world...deceiving others to gain from a false gospel. It is based on quick and easy "conversions" to get more numbers and the appearance of success. And it appeals to the wrong nature in man. It appeals to the part of us that will perish.

Jesus died for the sins of the whole world. The salvation part is in the resurrection for followers of Christ. We are to seek the Lord for His life....His resurrection life. THAT is eternal life.

But there is no quick salvation statement that is in truth.

If you want to live with Jesus Christ you have to give up your own life. Salvation is a life for a life.

There are 2 steps...

1. Jesus did His part by giving His life in exchange for the life of the world....all of us.

2. We lay down our lives in exchange for a life to be lived in Christ.

In this way the covenant is fulfilled...remaining faithful to this until we leave this world.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Pekoudah said:

You aren't asking the right questions if you are concerned about real salvation. This way of thinking is the product of the modern heresy of "claiming salvation" for oneself by a properly formulated belief statement...or lip service....by "accepting" Jesus and claiming all benefits for yourself based on the selfish motive of saving your own skin, as it were. These are come-ons made by religious establishments looking to become successful and wealthy in this world...deceiving others to gain from a false gospel. It is based on quick and easy "conversions" to get more numbers and the appearance of success. And it appeals to the wrong nature in man. It appeals to the part of us that will perish.

Jesus died for the sins of the whole world. The salvation part is in the resurrection for followers of Christ. We are to seek the Lord for His life....His resurrection life. THAT is eternal life.

But there is no quick salvation statement that is in truth.

If you want to live with Jesus Christ you have to give up your own life. Salvation is a life for a life.

There are 2 steps...

1. Jesus did His part by giving His life in exchange for the life of the world....all of us.

2. We lay down our lives in exchange for a life to be lived in Christ.

In this way the covenant is fulfilled...remaining faithful to this until we leave this world.

Here are two steps that are actually Biblical

1.Jesus died for your sins

2.Jesus rose from the dead

Believe these two things and Jesus promised you would be saved .....don’t add to them with any wotks, such as “ laying down your life”—- You May decide to do that or a number of other things AFTER you are saved.They play NO part in your initial Salvation. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

12 hours ago, LeeGreenForest said:

Shalom LeeGreenForest,

Great questions!

I haven't read all the replies you've had but I can imagine some of the advice you would have gotten already.  You've had 3 pages worth but, if you can bear another response, let me share my view.

Yes, in one way that is enough.  However, the fact you raise the questions with concern shows there may be something lacking...

First of all, I think it's fantastic you raised these questions boldly before everyone!  May the Father bless you with the answers you seek for having the courage to face your doubts.

Secondly, the ultimate answer lies within the Gospels, Acts and Romans.  When you read all of them (without any teaching guides, self-help books, courses or "churchness"), how do you understand salvation was taught?  Losing all preconceived ideas given to you from TV, the Church and Christians - how would you understand it based on the text alone?

Thirdly, and most importantly, have you been baptised with the Holy Spirit?  I'm guessing no, as you have these concerns floating around in your mind.  The baptism of the Holy Spirit will give you wisdom, comfort, guidance, joy and peace - in ways that cannot be equalled without.  If this hasn't happened for you, seek this above all things.  Seek this baptism, and don't ever give up until it happens for you.  It might not happen quickly, it may take a long time - for everyone the moment seems different - but seek this above everything else in your life.

Thank you so much for sharing these questions and not keeping them bottled up within yourself.  I'll be surprised if by the end of this year you'll still have the same questions. :)  

Keep asking, keep searching and keeping knocking.

Love & Shalom

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

34 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Yes, in one way that is enough.

If you don't mind answering this question, what part of my post were you referring to?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

4 minutes ago, LeeGreenForest said:

If you don't mind answering this question, what part of my post were you referring to?

Shalom

Apologies, I was referring to the below part of your post:

40 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Is believing that Jesus paid for my sins by dying for them, that He rose from the dead, and that He is Lord enough to be saved?

Love & Shalom

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

if you believe that Jesus died for your sins & rose again you are saved, 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 5/8/2019 at 4:53 PM, LeeGreenForest said:

In 1 Corinthians 15:3 (NIV) it says, 

For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

I believe salvation is a two-step process. First there is this: 

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 RSV 

And there is this: 

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt 4:17 RSV