• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/24/1997

41 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

All humans have a soul and will go either to heaven or Hades. I do not believe that animals have a soul. I believe in a young earth so I do not believe in neanderthals. I also do not believe in evolution. 

Do you want to tell us why you do not believe in evolution or neanderthals or believe in the young earth?

2 hours ago, thomas t said:

this wonderful nature is sufficient proof for a wonderful God, in my opinion. Not just some deity... :cool:

This nature, for me, points to a God who loves freedom. Allah is someone loving freedom?

Nature  looks pretty, but is nature really something we want to point to a God? Nature is (most of the time) the least loving enviroment that you can imagine. Survival of the fitest rules over nature. Parasites are one of the most succesful animals. When I was littled I searched the ground for parasitic wasps. These wasps find prey, paralyse them, pull them into a hole and lay an egg inside of them and then burry the insect. They dont kill the prey, so the decay process doesnt start. The egg hatches and the larvae starts to eat the still alive animal from inside, taking good care to not pierce through any vital organ with their sharp mandibles. The prey stays alive, until the damage is too great and then it dies ( this is a very long process). I remember thinking to myself that God must have a very dark side in his character, because designing an organism like that, certainly requires you that have a dark side.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitoid_wasp 

2 hours ago, thomas t said:

Let me tell you one story out of my life. I once told someone "I'm a musician, I earn some money playing on the streets".

Then she said "prove it - or I won't believe you!"

Was she right in saying so? Was my assertion about my personal life worthless? I just told her I'm a musician. What's the matter? When I tell you "I'm 39 years old" do I have to prove it ;)

Well, it was probably mean to assume that you  lie and to demand  proof. I would probably believe you without proof, that you played music and earned some money doing that. I will believe you even without proof, because musicians are something that I know exist. I saw them on the streets and I saw that they earn money doing that. It doesnt seem like an outlandish claim to me. I would have alot more trouble if you said something that was outlandish. For example, if you told me that you could heal people by playing music, or that bad things will happen to me during life or after I die if I dont listen to your music, then I would start to have doubts and demand for proof. The problem is similiar with genesis or the Bible. It makes very outlandish claims that are hard to believe or accept

Edited by Leyla

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, Leyla said:

Do you want to tell us why you do not believe in evolution or neanderthals or believe in the young earth?

Nature  looks pretty, but is nature really something we want to point to a God? Nature is (most of the time) the least loving enviroment that you can imagine. Survival of the fitest rules over nature. Parasites are one of the most succesful animals. When I was littled I searched the ground for parasitic wasps. These wasps find prey, paralyse them, pull them into a hole and lay an egg inside of them and then burry the insect. They dont kill the prey, so the decay process doesnt start. The egg hatches and the larvae starts to eat the still alive animal from inside, taking good care to not pierce through any vital organ with their sharp mandibles. The prey stays alive, until the damage is too great and then it dies ( this is a very long process). I remember thinking to myself that God must have a very dark side in his character, because designing an organism like that, certainly requires you that have a dark side.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitoid_wasp 

Well, it was probably mean to assume that you  lie and to demand  proof. I would probably believe you without proof, that you played music and earned some money doing that. I will believe you even without proof, because musicians are something that I know exist. I saw them on the streets and I saw that they earn money doing that. It doesnt seem like an outlandish claim to me. I would have alot more trouble if you said something that was outlandish. For example, if you told me that you could heal people by playing music, or that bad things will happen to me during life or after I die if I dont listen to you music, then I would start to have doubts and demand for proof. The problem is similiar with genesis or the Bible. It makes very outlandish claims that are hard to believe or accept

Because it is not biblical. 

• Group:  Advanced Member

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Because it is not biblical. 

Science is what brought us wealth, technology  and a good life and its not biblical too. Is it really a bad thing to accept something just because its not biblical? What makes you think that the Bible has any significant value, compared to (for example) the Quran or other religious texts

Edited by Leyla

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 minutes ago, Leyla said:

Science is what brought us wealth, technology  and a good life and its not biblical too. Is it really a bad thing to accept something just because its not biblical? What makes you think that the Bible has any significant value, compared to (for example) the Quran or other religious texts

I have nothing more to reply to you Leyla. I do not compromise my faith in what is not in the Bible. Have a nice day. 

Just now, missmuffet said:

I have nothing more to reply to you Leyla. I do not compromise my faith in what is not in the Bible. Have a nice day. 

Well... If you ever decide to talk about these things, then I would love to hear your opinions.  Have a nice day too

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Hi Leyla,

thank you, I like your style.

14 hours ago, Leyla said:

if you told me that [...] bad things will happen to me during life or after I die if I dont listen to your music [or rather your gospel, added mine for clarification], then I would start to have doubts and demand for proof.

yes Leyla, this is a very good approach. There are colleagues of mine ... even in this thread ;)... doing this all the time. They talk about hell like a new shirt, something like an everyday occurence. So I leave it up to them to deliver the proof all the while hoping that they will not resort to insulting.:whistling:

The problem is similiar with genesis or the Bible. It makes very outlandish claims that are hard to believe or accept

I feel like a shop vendor offering the water of life. Like in Revelations 22:17b And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price.

Then someone enters my shop asking: "give me a drink but it must not be outlandish!"

I won't sell my drink. Want a coke? I don't have cokes. So I must say: "I'm sorry, we don't sell coke!"

Ok, now all you're saying is it's hard to believe. So when it doesn't seem impossible for you ... let's wait.

Nature  looks pretty

yes, that was my point. It's so pretty because God loves us, I think. Even if there are parasites around. But parasites can't make the whole thing look bad, in my opinion. There are even some biologists out there who find them interesting.

Regards,

Thomas

Edited by thomas t
clarity

Hi Leyla,

I hope you won't get mad when my colleagues love to discuss you as a person rather than the topic. The ToS say it should be the other way round.

Some people claim you're purportedly likely to go to hell. Of course this is insulting. Your're getting insulted on Worthy all the time but remember there are people getting blessed for being insulted (Mt 5:11-12) :

“Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.
12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

You seem to be honestly searching for the Lord, so this is on Jesus' account, I would suppose. If they insult you all the time you must do something right. It's like soccer, when they foul you all the time that's because you're such a strong player.

So let me reply to your posts from some other thread in this thread. This thread is the least shouty of all, so far.

You asked why God killed babies in Sodom. Where should the babies (if present) go to otherwise? No woman (parent) left.

You further said that God seemed to be fooling everyone when he lets the evidence look like evolution happened.

My take on this: Jesus cleared up the site after the Flood. That's why everything's neatly in place.

God bless,

Thomas

Edited by thomas t
clarity

1 hour ago, Margo73 said:

I appreciate it, that bothering me in every thread I make is tolerated here. Can you stop interrupting productive conversations by always mentioning me or my private information. Its really distracting for me. I only share personal information that Im comfortable with on the internet, however I did not share it to have it written in every thread, everywhere i write. Atleast do it like the others and limit yourself to only bothering me in private messages.

Edited by Leyla

19 hours ago, Margo73 said:

my comments to Leyla are not ones of insults

Hi Margo:

I absolutely don't believe this is true.

Seeing her as a troll is offensive, too, in my opinion.

Treating her as a liar no longer believing anything she says is offensive, too, I think.

Passing on personal information in the thread as concerning her age is at least rude, I'd say.

In my opinion, the whole "turn-or-burn"-mindset is fatal. This makes it clear, to me, that you won't have any problem seeing her in hell. This is what I would call ignorant behavior.

On top of this, this mindset only doubles the work of those who really want to share the Gospel with her. Those who want to do it still need to distance themselves from your approach. As a human you just can't turn-or-burn everyone into believing the Gospel message.

Now, that she cannot post anymore as it seems, it looks like she is to blame for all of this? This would be fatal.

Laughing her down I find is offensive, too.

19 hours ago, Margo73 said:

Leyla doesn't by her own admission 

Jesus once said some very wise words in Mark 9:40: For the one who is not against us is for us.

Regards,

Thomas

Edited by thomas t
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

How easily topics get side-tracked when some get offended by challenges. Oye.