Tigger56

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

In a recent post from Neighbor under the topic of cults he made mention that one group believed in a different Jesus than the one in the Bible. I appreciated his post because it made me think about the Jesus we all believe in, but with different viewpoints. I wanted to simply share how I picture him as he walked the earth. How do you picture the Lord? How do our different perspectives change how we view Jesus as a man when he walked upon this Earth. What did he look like?

What did he truly teach? Should we follow His example above all others?  All of these things come to mind when I think about my Lord. I have determined in my life to follow his example and his teachings above all else. But how do you picture him?  

As for as a different Jesus.... I still find that statement to apply to so much, for instance... his very appearance. So what did he look like?  I have seen many pictures of Jesus as an emaciated weakling, or one with a glazed type of look in his eyes.  I believe that Jesus when he walked upon this earth as a man was a man. I believe he was muscular and strong. I believe he was one that was of physical and spiritual strength. He was one who could laugh and have joy. I believe he could enjoy some wine and laugh with his disciples around the campfire. I believe he was a man who was tender, kind and innocent but wise beyond his years. He was a man's man but with a kindness about him that drew many unto him. He likely had calloused hands from his years as a carpenter. But hands that were tender unto the hurting. He was a man that could go into a temple and throw out the money changers with a zeal that intimidated the ones that were making God's house a mockery. He, even in his joy, also likely carried an air of burden upon him as he knew why he came unto the earth. He loved all but made friends of some... etc....  So how do you picture Jesus as a man? How do you picture him as you think upon his life?  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Margo73 said:

I think the "different" Jesus may be Isa who is the Islamic Jesus Christ but not the son of Allah but merely a prophet and messenger from Allah .. some attributes given Isa do parallel with those of the Christian Jesus Christ and many other attributes have nothing in common .. the bottom line is that the Christian Jesus Christ is God - the One and Only True God .. Isa is not the real Jesus Christ and not real at all as Allah is a false god and Islam a false belief and Isa is of Islam .. all said about Islam, Allah, Muhammad, and Isa is false but should not be taken lightly by Christians as it is a very dangerous attempt to lead Christians astray and has done so ..  for all interested in learning more about how Christians need to be aware and beware, google "Chrislam" .. I have a website whose primary focus is on "Chrislam" and I have added other topics as well .. 

I understand that a different Jesus can be preached as some preach that he was just a man and not the Son of God. It is a great falsehood when those of other beliefs attempt to take away the truth of deity of our Lord. But even as Christians who believe that Jesus was and is the Son of God can have different perspectives of him. So back to by question in my post....  how do you picture him?   

5 minutes ago, Margo73 said:

I go only by what God's Holy Spirit inspired Word and Truth tell us about Him .. I am not interested in the least in describing Him as regards what He looked like or how macho He may have been .. such descriptions can be made about man as in mankind but not about Jesus Christ Who is God .. those who were with Him in His life saw Him as He was in His fully human form .. the rest of us have no idea .. it was believed that when He was going to Golgotha with His cross, He was perspiring heavily and a woman offered Him a handkerchief to wipe His brow and He supposedly left the imprint of His face on the handkerchief for all time .. such is apparently not true as it is not recorded in any Bible I have seen save one .. Jesus was a truly good God made man and as such He was beautiful as true beauty comes from the heart and emanates outward and radiates about the whole being .. 

I also do not believe in the shroud of Turin, however it amazes me that you have no image of the Lord when you read of him in the Bible. How can an image not come to mind?  I find that almost unbelievable. After so many drawings of him, after so many movies about him... you are telling me that nothing comes to mind when you read of him?

1 hour ago, Margo73 said:

I am a realist and pictures and movies made by others who never actually saw Jesus when He was on Earth or never saw a true picture of Him from that time do not interest me at all .. as I said, Jesus was/is/always will be truly beautiful and His goodness from within in His heart makes Him so .. that is the only picture I need and the only true representation of Him that anyone can ever have if they did not live when He lived .. also, Jesus was/is/always will be God and no one knows what God looked/looks like .. what Jesus did when He became God made man is all that matters and His doing such to ransom mankind is true beauty in itself .. 

I agree to his beauty of soul. But feel he likely looked much like an ordinary man yet  strong one. More power to you that you can read of him and have no image come to mind except perhaps a light or blank slate. I appreciate that I envision a God that became a man as someone I can relate with. That, yes understood my weaknesses without having succumbed to them himself. He is so far above me, but yet is a savior that I can imagine and relate to and by doing so, love him even more. A savior that was tested in every way but never failed, never sinned, but one that can understand me when I talk with him and share with him my day, my thoughts, my yearning. He who holds every tear in his loving hands. I do envision his appearance as a man as well as when in his glory. I know we are made in God's image so imagining all of this is not so far fetched. They look a lot like us, so yes, in many ways, I know what God and the Lord Jesus look like.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Well, the bible never really touched upon Jesus's physical appearance. So I don't get involved or try to imagine what he looked like when he walked the earth. But If I had to imagine Jesus in the physical, he would be a bright shinning light. And what I don't believe is, Hollywood's version of what he looked like. I don't believe Jesus is a blonde hair, blue eyed white man.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,559
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi,

Another Jesus has nothing to do with physical appearance. It has everything to do with the ministry of distraction and of deception by Satan and his minions touted by the many little anti-Christs among us even now. Cults use the word Jesus prominently and often. BUT they deny the deity of the Son of God. The cult the Latter Day Saints of Jesus Christ  uses Jesus in their name. But it is not God the Son. Instead he is a created being, and brother of Satan a created being. He is savior, but only in that he is first among many to earn their way to be god's of their own planets where they will take their wives and populate their own planet(s) with their spirit children offspring; their women being totally dependent upon their husband to be "saved". Cults have a commonality in that they deny the deity of Jesus and they promote a works and merit based longevity  of life, or salvation where one saves themselves by following the edicts of the cult which usually has received some secreted divine revelation that also reveals they are the true Jews.

A vision of what Jesus looks like in His Glory is not something that I have ever been led to concern myself about. I find that Moses could not look directly upon God the Father for God's perfection is too fierce a sight for  the corrupted eye and mind of a human as His very glory will kill them.

I am led to also believe it is not a good thing to be making images of that which is in heaven or below earth. So I just do not spend any time thinking of my Lord and personal savior Jesus as an image of my mind's eye, anymore than I do God the Holy Spirit nor God the Father.

Museums of history have porcelains and oils galore representing a fully human Jesus during his two year ministry. I do find the very different representations to be quite interesting, as each culture makes Jesus look like them!

And perhaps He does look like all of them to every one of them. He may look to be of skin of any tone. He may be so brilliant as to not be able to behold at all. He has ascended to His Father and is preparing a place for the flock given Him by His Father. Who knows what His ascended perfection looks like? I sure don't. Yet I will hear his voice and follow the Good Shepherd.

Has anyone seen the ascended Jesus?  The description of His soon return yields an image that I have not yet seen. It is too awesome and fearsome for me to comprehend the visual of Him. I humbly settle for the word glimpse of Him  revealed darkly in the Book of Revelation.  As for me I stand my post serving my Lord, awaiting that day when He returns not as the suffering man of sorrows, but as the warrior King of kings.

..."Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war.  His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems, and he has a name written that no one knows but himself.  He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God.  And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses.  From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.  On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords."....

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

I do agree that some cults teach a different Jesus then the one in the Old Testment prophesies or the New Testament,  that's why we must discern & pray about certain cults & false religions & doctrines

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

The entire chapter of Isaiah 53 gives us a clear picture of his attributes and character. A different Jesus would be any description than the one the bible gives. A different Jesus, different Spirit, or a different gospel. JW's describe him as michael the arch angel, mormon's say he is some god from the planet kolob. While these groups use the same words, their terminology and meanings are drastically different. Movie makers minimize the sinfulness of man, and the fact that we are helpless to save ourselves when they take artistic liberty. They too are in need of a Savior. Movies are made to entertain, with no regards to our spiritual state.

Isaiah 53 : 2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Content Count:  2,085
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

We are expected to follow I Thess 5:21 not go on feelings. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Rev 1:13  ESV  and in the midst of the lampstands one like a son of man, clothed with a long robe and with a golden sash around his chest.

Rev 1:14  The hairs of his head were white, like white wool, like snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire,

Rev 1:15  his feet were like burnished bronze, refined in a furnace, and his voice was like the roar of many waters.

Rev 1:16  In his right hand he held seven stars, from his mouth came a sharp two-edged sword, and his face was like the sun shining in full strength.

Rev 1:17  When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, "Fear not, I am the first and the last,

Rev 1:18  and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.

• Thumbs Up 1