My friend is struggling with her faith.

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Baptist if it matters. My friend goes to a public school and she's struggling with her faith. She's concerned because she doesn't want to have these doubts but she does. She wants to have strong faith again and I want to help her but I'm not sure how. Can anyone give me some advice?

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Tell her to start reading her Bible again, especially in the book of John.  She only needs faith as a grain of mustard seed--a very minute amount.  

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.   

Does she need to have her sins forgiven?  Only God forgives sin;  not buddha, not science or the big bang.  Jesus Christ forgives sin by His shed blood on the cross.  

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

35 minutes ago, Hlpplz786 said:

Baptist if it matters. My friend goes to a public school and she's struggling with her faith. She's concerned because she doesn't want to have these doubts but she does. She wants to have strong faith again and I want to help her but I'm not sure how. Can anyone give me some advice?

Welcome to Worthy, HIppIz. Great advice, Willa, and Promises. Your friend want to have strong faith again. So, I take it she may have slipped back a bit perhaps. What may have bolstered her faith before, could reinforce it once again. Worship is also a good way to connect, whether traditional, or contemporary. I like both. More fellowship in church if possible, or getting involved with group meetings with other members. Shutting one's self out only makes things difficult, and is confining. Try praying together with her more often, and continue this good friendship she has with you. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,265
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

All wonderful advice already.   She should make sure she has enough Christian friends to balance out the negative input she is possibly receiving at public school.   If she has any bad influence from certain people, she should limit or stop seeing them....hang with different kids at the school.   Of course, having a quiet time (devotional time) is very important for spiritual strength.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, Hlpplz786 said:

Have you asked why her faith has slipped? We all have doubts at some time or other. We are humans. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,517
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

11 hours ago, Hlpplz786 said:

The first thing I will suggest to any minor is; involve your parents.  Plus perhaps -don't get diverted into any conversation about which education situation is superior. That will likely become divisive more than helpful. Stay on topic with the friend, but don't pit one's  own manner of receiving education, whatever it may, be against what the friend is receiving. 

Home schooled, private secular, or private Christian educated students all have doubts all have struggles with faith ( So do adults long past their years of formal eduction systems). The issue is not a school system, the issue is gaining better use of the armor of God the Bible, strengthening oneself in the unsaved world at large which every student will be facing for most of their lifetime. 

So what may a good friend do? Show off one's own faith? No, I don't think so. But live that faith  in humility, by praying, reading, thinking, and by working hard at it, researching the Bible for guidance in all that  is  to be done, always honoring one's own parents as example.

In all issues, big  or very small, give thanks to God. As issues come up go to the Bible and one's own  parents for  solutions and resolutions, sharing  of each area of guidance found with the friend. Involve one's own parents, ask them for their help and guidance! Then if a friend offers up some of their own issues for discussion seek out the word of God, praying together thinking reading the word of God and discussing how to make personal application of the word to the situation- and ask; ask with parental permission, of the  more mature well educated in the Bible ladies of the local body of Christ for their help and guidance. Perhaps that will be deaconesses perhaps a teacher or two in addition to your parents.

In general avoid what divides and encourage what unites.

May God bless good friendship.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

15 hours ago, Hlpplz786 said:

As she reads John, she should be asking Jesus Christ for insight on what she's reading.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

On 10 May 2019 at 12:20 AM, Hlpplz786 said:

She's concerned because she doesn't want to have these doubts but she does. She wants to have strong faith again and I want to help her but I'm not sure how?

May I suggest talking with her about her doubts?

Has she looked for answers to what ever is troubling her?

That she has doubts and is concerned about them shows that her faith is important to her.

There is nothing wrong with having doubts or question. The sin is in not seeking answers to them.

If you go to the same church youth group support her by asking questions for her or backing her up in wanting answers.

May I suggest sites like coldcasechristianity, answersingenesis, truthbomb apologetics ot reasonablefaith.

These all provide answers to questions about Christianity, the bible etc.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,015
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

There are only two reasons for doubts:
one you are having them justly as not being born again...

or secondly the devil is using this world and your flesh against you...

The only cure for both is the written Word which testifies of The Living Word!