• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

I like the Yogi Berra quote...."the future ain't what it used to be"

(I like the practical nature of honesty...even with a tinge of humour. :))

Now salvation isn't what it used to be. It used to be where Jesus wasn't worried about being "accepted" by people.

John 5:41 "I am not looking for human praise."

But with all the people mercifully accepting Jesus...does this make Him feel more accepted? Does it improve the divine self-esteem? Or is God not like us. Is God worried about what people will think? Or is that us projecting our own neurosis on God?

The truth has been inverted so that people can get with it. I say inverted....not just subtly changed. The whole purpose has gone from serving God and His will to serving men and their will. This is the modern approach. It's about respect. Respect of persons. It used to be that God was not a respecter of persons. But now God has no choice. If we call ourselves Christians...then that belief behooves God to give us everything we want. We can't help but have a rosy future. Our own beliefs dictate that.

Enter subjective assurance. You are what you believe you are. It used to be that God had a say in things...but that was before grace (or our understanding of grace) took judgment out of the hands of God.

In modern society people ask "what is YOUR truth." Does truth vary with opinion? It used to be where people submitted to the truth. Did I mention that grace is a substitute for truth in today's society...and the church which fully immersed in it...and is happy following it?

Edited by Pekoudah
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

No the word "Christian" has lost its significance.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, Pekoudah said:

Now salvation isn't what it used to be. It used to be where Jesus wasn't worried about being "accepted" by people.

But with all the people mercifully accepting Jesus...does this make Him feel more accepted? Does it improve the divine self-esteem? Or is God not like us. Is God worried about what people will think? Or is that us projecting our own neurosis on God?

The truth has been inverted so that people can get with it. I say inverted....not just subtly changed. The whole purpose has gone from serving God and His will to serving men and their will. This is the modern approach. It's about respect. Respect of persons. It used to be that God was not a respecter of persons. But now God has no choice. If we call ourselves Christians...then that belief behooves God to give us everything we want. We can't help but have a rosy future. Our own beliefs dictate that.

Enter subjective assurance. You are what you believe you are. It used to be that God had a say in things...but that was before grace (or our understanding of grace) took judgment out of the hands of God.

In modern society people ask "what is YOUR truth." Does truth vary with opinion? It used to be where people submitted to the truth. Did I mention that grace is a substitute for truth in today's society...and the church which fully immersed in it...and is happy following it?

I am one of those. “ immersed in Grace”.Seeing how Anybody that was ever saved was saved by the Grace of God, I see that as a good thing. Better that than to be immersed in the Law, which never saved anybody.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

9 hours ago, Pekoudah said:

YOU GONNA CHOKE MANY WITH THIS .     I TRULY KNOW WHAT YOU SAY is TRUE .    I DO .   THEY DID THIS ,   but when speaking to carnal ,  oh me and oh my

this is going to go way over the heads of many .    YOU right though .   THEY inverted the TRUTH and made it SERVE MAN and his desires .

I aint attacking you in the least bit .    

Let me help explain the subjective assurance .     YOU RIGHT .  YOU SPOT ON .    Its a FALSE SUBJECTED BY MAN ASSURANCE .

And you right when you say MOST folks COMMON UNDESTANDING OF GRACE  .     

OH dear I am terrified for so many .   Men have destroyed grace .   Grace does not serve man , GRACE SERVES GOD .    Grace lifts man out of darkness

and into the LIGHT wherein HE SERVES GOD and has been freed . GOD was the ONE who DESIRED TRUE WORSHP .  SO HE SENT the SON

WHO by HIM we can worship GOD in SPIRIT and IN TRUTH .     We were created     not for our pleasure , BUT FOR GOD  HIS PLEASURE .

GOD is love , SO he sent the SON so that all who would believe IN HEART  would be saved .    

I believe you are doing all you can do to help folks .   I DO .      We gotta get them back in bibles ONLY .    Gotta put fear in folks , GOTTA be compassionate

Grace is a subsititue for truth in MANY CHURCHES of todays society .   THE PROBEM IS , GRACE DONT DENY TRUTH , IT IS TRUTH .

YOU SPOT ON RIGHT .

Grace TEACHES US to DENY ungodliness and wordly lusts and to be living soberly , righteously and godly in this present world .  BUT NOT TODAYS Grace

TODAYS Grace serves man and gives man a false ASSURANCE that he is saved , that he is free, EVEN THOUGH he is still and still walks IN DARKNESS.   OH DEAR its all a sham .

WE GOTTA do all to get folks back Into    ,  ONLY and do I mean ONLY BIBLE reading .     DO IT ,  MAKE the call ,     and help me fight the all inclusive sin serving lie

that SATANS ROME and her daugthers of hell are preaching .  

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I am one of those. “ immersed in Grace”.Seeing how Anybody that was ever saved was saved by the Grace of God, I see that as a good thing. Better that than to be immersed in the Law, which never saved anybody.

Yes , just these word alone would be SOLID absolute TRUTH .

THE problem is ,  your grace allows a man to die in will full sin  ,  aka ,  a gay man returns to that act ,  and dies RIGHT in the middle of it ,   IS STILL SAVED .

AND THOSE WERE YOUR WORDS .   YOURS .    YOURS ALONE .

WHO is in control .  GOD IS .     SO figure it out and fast .     IF a man does that and DIED IN THAT ,  GOD Was the ONE who STRUCK HIM DEAD .  

GOD DID .    His end will not be eternal life .      No matter what hermes and todays OSAS says .    You giving folks false hope  . 

Paul knew that to depart , to die was great gain .   The same paul who was fericous against sin .   Not as you are .   but HE took it serious .

The call is , HARDEN not your hearts CHURCH , like they did in the day of provocation ,  when they PROVOKED GOD TO ANGER and HE Destroyed them .

SO ,   the question begs to be asked and the true solution GIVEN .

WHAT hardens a heart .     SIN DOES .       EXHORT one another daily CHURCH , lest any of YOU CHURCH does become hardened through the deceitfulness of sin .

HERMES aint gonna teach yall that .  ONLY THE SPIRIT can reveal truth .  

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Yes , just these word alone would be SOLID absolute TRUTH .

THE problem is ,  your grace allows a man to die in will full sin  ,  aka ,  a gay man returns to that act ,  and dies RIGHT in the middle of it ,   IS STILL SAVED .

AND THOSE WERE YOUR WORDS .   YOURS .    YOURS ALONE .

WHO is in control .  GOD IS .     SO figure it out and fast .     IF a man does that and DIED IN THAT ,  GOD Was the ONE who STRUCK HIM DEAD .  

GOD DID .    His end will not be eternal life .      No matter what hermes and todays OSAS says .    You giving folks false hope  . 

Paul knew that to depart , to die was great gain .   The same paul who was fericous against sin .   Not as you are .   but HE took it serious .

The call is , HARDEN not your hearts CHURCH , like they did in the day of provocation ,  when they PROVOKED GOD TO ANGER and HE Destroyed them .

SO ,   the question begs to be asked and the true solution GIVEN .

WHAT hardens a heart .     SIN DOES .       EXHORT one another daily CHURCH , lest any of YOU CHURCH does become hardened through the deceitfulness of sin .

HERMES aint gonna teach yall that .  ONLY THE SPIRIT can reveal truth .  

AND THOSE WERE YOUR WORDS .   YOURS .    YOURS ALONE .

lest there be any lingering doubt.......Y E S—-M I N E.  M I N E  A L O N E.

btw.....what is Hermès?    Thanks

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

Salvation “used to be” ,at least as I was taught as a youth in the Methodist Church.....Jesus saves your past sins, but once you know that you have to imitate Jesus and if you can act like Him and do a good job of it, you qualify for Heaven.Are there any good Methodists out there that can tell me what the current criteria is to get saved? Thanking you in advance.....BB

15 minutes ago, Betha said:

Grace IS wonderful and we would have no future without it...just like a criminal would have no future if he was not 'pardoned from the 'death sentence.

But is he pardoned so he can continue his life of crime and ignore Law ??? I think not !

What does scripture say ? your sins are forgiven...SIN NO MORE ! 

SIN is 'transgressing God's Law/Commandments 1Joh 3v4....God's Grace has pardoned you.....transgress no more ! 

Law and Love go Hand in Hand !!!

Sister , that is why david said ,  THY LAW O LORD DO I LOVE .       Every word of GOD should be loved .    Put those hands up and let a hearty praise out to the LORD .

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,382
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

I was reflecting on something very similar to this recently. A lot of times when secular people speak of religion these days they refer to it as a path to inner peace, understanding the human condition, or something in a similar vein, which ignores the whole element of the afterlife and the prospect of eternal punishment. It's always a headscratcher for me when I hear people go on about that particular perspective since in growing up and in studying all sorts of religions the need for salvation was a common element in very nearly all of them.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

Jesus said to the woman caught in adultery that her sins were forgiven. But He then said "Go and sin no more."

• This is Worthy 2
  • Praise God! 1