Sign in to follow this  
Behold

How was the Law abolished?

The bible says that Jesus bore our sin on the Cross, so then,  who are we to not believe it. ?
After all, if we are born again, then we have now become "the righteousness of Christ", and Jesus "became (our) sin". 2nd Corinthians 5:21, and what is also amazing, is that its God His Father that "made" this all happen.
Here is a pretzel.....God is Jesus on the Cross, sending Himself down from Heaven, to Die as a Man.
In John 1:10, Jesus was "standing on the earth HE CREATED", = "God said, LET THERE BE", in Genesis....... and this is JESUS now standing on it, and soon He was going to be hanging between the earth and sky that HE Created with.... words....and Jesus is the WORD ..... made flesh.

On the Cross, Jesus is not just dying for sin, He literally became sin.
I'll show you somehting else that is pretty interesting, as maybe you've not thought this or been shown it before...
You all know this verse......
"we are not UNDER the Law but we are UNDER Grace".
In other words, the reason for the Law....is that the law shows us our sinfulness, as this is the purpose of it, which then leads us to the One who dies for them on the Cross, gives us His Righteousness......you know, (Salvation).
But notice this.... our NT says that the LAW was abolished, being NAILED to the Cross.
Colossians 2:14
Now this does not mean the law and the 10 C's are no longer behavioral lifestyle guides regarding our Christian Discipleship, sure...but what it means is that because Jesus fulfilled the law in our place, the law now has no authority to judge us as sinners.
Remember, God's law does this, not Jesus, not God.
This is why Jesus never JUDGED any one, He always said. "sins are forgiven", "go thy way"...etc..... as that is why HE CAME, whereas the Law can not do this, it can only judge you to be a sinner, based on ITSELF as it reveals God's morally righteous moral code.

So, Jesus abolished the law (took away its power to judge us as sinners), which is why Romans 4:8 has to be understood fully or Salvation can't be completely accepted or understood as it is meant to be, in both cases.

So, there is Jesus, dying on the cross, and where is the Law that is abolished and NAILED to the Cross with him??
Its nailed.
Where?
Its above his HEAD.
He is UNDER THE LAW, on the Cross, DYING.
And we are NOT UNDER IT< because He died under it for us.

"You are not UNDER the Law but under GRACE , <. see that?  = Because Jesus is UNDER IT, on the Cross. He took away its power to JUDGE a born again believer.
His death FINISHED not only our Eternal Redemption, but it also forever eliminated the Law's Legal right to judge us as SINNERS.

<B><

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

Rom 10:3 For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness.

Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

13  For if the blood of goats and bulls, and the sprinkling of defiled persons with the ashes of a heifer, sanctify for the purification of the flesh,  14  how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God.

Heb 10:14  For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.

Heb 10:15  And the Holy Spirit also bears witness to us; for after saying, Heb 10:16  "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds," Heb 10:17  then he adds, "I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more."

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Willa said:

Rom 10:3 For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness.

Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

13  For if the blood of goats and bulls, and the sprinkling of defiled persons with the ashes of a heifer, sanctify for the purification of the flesh,  14  how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God.

Heb 10:14  For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.

Heb 10:15  And the Holy Spirit also bears witness to us; for after saying, Heb 10:16  "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds," Heb 10:17  then he adds, "I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more."

Wonderful post.

"for by ONE , (single offering) Jesus on the Cross, HE HAS PERFECTED <<<<< FOR ALL TIME"....= the BORN AGAIN....  OSAS.

"GOD who began our Salvation IN US... ... (HE)(GOD)(JESUS) will be FAITHFUL TO COMPLETE IT"..... Philippians 1:6.   OSAS

"Jesus THE author and FINISHER of your.......FAITH"... Hebrews 12:2.    OSAS

Thank you JESUS !!

Glory to GOD !!

Oh the BLOOD OF JESUS, >IT< MAKES US White as SNOW........Forever, Eternally !!    OSAS

Blessings, 

<B><

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)

Romans 9:31
But that Israel who pursued a torah(law that would lead to righteousness did not succeed in reaching that torah(law. 

Yeshua said... 

Matthew 5:20
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

John 14:15 
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments. 

Matthew 22:36-40 
“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Torah(Law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Torah(Law and the Prophets.”

Matthew 5:17 
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Torah(Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them".

The Torah of Yeshua is the Truth.

Edited by pinacled
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

23 minutes ago, pinacled said:

Romans 9:31
But that Israel who pursued a torah(law that would lead to righteousness did not succeed in reaching that torah(law. 

Yeshua said... 

Matthew 5:20
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

John 14:15 
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments. 

Matthew 22:36-40 
“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Torah(Law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Torah(Law and the Prophets.”

Matthew 5:17 
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Torah(Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them".

The Torah of Yeshua is the Truth.

Love the Lord your God and keep his requirements, his decrees, his laws and his commands always.Remember today that your childrenwere not the ones who saw and experienced the discipline of the Lord your God: his majesty, his mighty hand, his outstretched arm;the signs he performed and the things he did in the heart of Egypt, both to Pharaoh king of Egypt and to his whole country; what he did to the Egyptian army, to its horses and chariots, how he overwhelmed them with the waters of the Red Sea[a] as they were pursuing you, and how the Lord brought lasting ruin on them.It was not your children who saw what he did for you in the wilderness until you arrived at this place, and what he did to Dathan and Abiram, sons of Eliab the Reubenite, when the earth opened its mouth right in the middle of all Israel and swallowed them up with their households, their tents and every living thing that belonged to them.But it was your own eyes that saw all these great things the Lord has done.

Observe therefore all the commands I am giving you today, so that you may have the strength to go in and take over the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess,and so that you may live long in the land the Lord swore to your ancestors to give to them and their descendants, a land flowing with milk and honey. 10 The land you are entering to take over is not like the land of Egypt, from which you have come, where you planted your seed and irrigated it by foot as in a vegetable garden. 11 But the land you are crossing the Jordan to take possession of is a land of mountains and valleys that drinks rain from heaven. 12 It is a land the Lord your God cares for; the eyes of the Lord your God are continually on it from the beginning of the year to its end.

13 So if you faithfully obey the commands I am giving you today—to love the Lord your God and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul— 14 then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains, so that you may gather in your grain, new wine and olive oil. 15 I will provide grass in the fields for your cattle, and you will eat and be satisfied.

16 Be careful, or you will be enticed to turn away and worship other gods and bow down to them. 17 Then the Lord’s anger will burn against you, and he will shut up the heavens so that it will not rain and the ground will yield no produce, and you will soon perish from the good land the Lord is giving you. 18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 19 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 20 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates, 21 so that your days and the days of your children may be many in the land the Lordswore to give your ancestors, as many as the days that the heavens are above the earth.

22 If you carefully observe all these commands I am giving you to follow—to love the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him and to hold fastto him— 23 then the Lord will drive out all these nations before you, and you will dispossess nations larger and stronger than you. 24 Every place where you set your foot will be yours: Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the Euphrates River to the Mediterranean Sea. 25 No one will be able to stand against you. The Lordyour God, as he promised you, will put the terror and fear of you on the whole land, wherever you go.

26 See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse— 27 the blessing if you obey the commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today; 28 the curse if you disobey the commands of the Lordyour God and turn from the way that I command you today by following other gods, which you have not known. 29 When the Lord your God has brought you into the land you are entering to possess, you are to proclaim on Mount Gerizim the blessings, and on Mount Ebal the curses. 30 As you know, these mountains are across the Jordan, westward, toward the setting sun, near the great trees of Moreh, in the territory of those Canaanites living in the Arabah in the vicinity of Gilgal.31 You are about to cross the Jordan to enter and take possession of the land the Lord your God is giving you. When you have taken it over and are living there, 32 be sure that you obey all the decrees and laws I am setting before you today.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2019 at 1:44 PM, Behold said:

The bible says that Jesus bore our sin on the Cross, so then,  who are we to not believe it. ?
After all, if we are born again, then we have now become "the righteousness of Christ", and Jesus "became (our) sin". 2nd Corinthians 5:21, and what is also amazing, is that its God His Father that "made" this all happen.
Here is a pretzel.....God is Jesus on the Cross, sending Himself down from Heaven, to Die as a Man.
In John 1:10, Jesus was "standing on the earth HE CREATED", = "God said, LET THERE BE", in Genesis....... and this is JESUS now standing on it, and soon He was going to be hanging between the earth and sky that HE Created with.... words....and Jesus is the WORD ..... made flesh.

On the Cross, Jesus is not just dying for sin, He literally became sin.
I'll show you somehting else that is pretty interesting, as maybe you've not thought this or been shown it before...
You all know this verse......
"we are not UNDER the Law but we are UNDER Grace".
In other words, the reason for the Law....is that the law shows us our sinfulness, as this is the purpose of it, which then leads us to the One who dies for them on the Cross, gives us His Righteousness......you know, (Salvation).
But notice this.... our NT says that the LAW was abolished, being NAILED to the Cross.
Colossians 2:14
Now this does not mean the law and the 10 C's are no longer behavioral lifestyle guides regarding our Christian Discipleship, sure...but what it means is that because Jesus fulfilled the law in our place, the law now has no authority to judge us as sinners.
Remember, God's law does this, not Jesus, not God.
This is why Jesus never JUDGED any one, He always said. "sins are forgiven", "go thy way"...etc..... as that is why HE CAME, whereas the Law can not do this, it can only judge you to be a sinner, based on ITSELF as it reveals God's morally righteous moral code.

So, Jesus abolished the law (took away its power to judge us as sinners), which is why Romans 4:8 has to be understood fully or Salvation can't be completely accepted or understood as it is meant to be, in both cases.

So, there is Jesus, dying on the cross, and where is the Law that is abolished and NAILED to the Cross with him??
Its nailed.
Where?
Its above his HEAD.
He is UNDER THE LAW, on the Cross, DYING.
And we are NOT UNDER IT< because He died under it for us.

"You are not UNDER the Law but under GRACE , <. see that?  = Because Jesus is UNDER IT, on the Cross. He took away its power to JUDGE a born again believer.
His death FINISHED not only our Eternal Redemption, but it also forever eliminated the Law's Legal right to judge us as SINNERS.

<B><

[ you are to proclaim on Mount Gerizim the blessings, and on Mount Ebal the curses.]

as an exegetical comparison of these two mountains to the two men on either side of the Lord on the cross.

Which one do you suppose received a blessing?

Edited by pinacled
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

Luke 23:42-43  And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, verily I say unto thee, today shalt thou be with me in paradise. KJV

• Praise God! 1

Posted (edited)

Excellent, ...most excellent brother!!!

And why did the Law have to be abolished?

For whom He did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.  Moreover whom He did predestinate, them He also called: and whom He called, them He also justified: and whom He justified, them He also glorified.   Rom 8; 29, 30

To give proof of the omniscience and foreknowledge of God, ...if just one of the called, justified walked away, turned their back on God, then that means God is not all-knowing, ...that means a Perfect God made a: .........mistake!

Born once, die twice, born twice, die once...

Once - Saved - Always - Saved

Lord bless

Edited by JustPassingThru
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

Posted (edited)

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Law,-And-Gospel

I suggest anyone who desires to teach. They should first read everything ole sh'aul has written in his letters.

Broad stroke use of the word law as being the whole of Torah is both irresponsible and misleading.

["Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness."]

Edited by pinacled
  • Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Luke 23:42-43  And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, verily I say unto thee, today shalt thou be with me in paradise. KJV

"But we know that the Torah(Law is good, if one uses it lawfully,"

Amen,

Edited by pinacled
  • Praise God! 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Melinda12
      I used to go without fail. Then illness meant i stopped for several weeks.
      Instead i read my bible daily, pray and do my own study and prayer. I make time for it and treasure it. 
      Now i find myself asking, do i really want or need to go to church on Sundays? I found people there irritating and tedious. I was always rushing to get there, being roped in for various duties and being ignored and sidelined for other roles that i would have loved. The pastor was a pompous man, not inspiring, just did his job. I sat next to people who fidgeted, were ignorant and closed minded about God's Word. They chatted as if it was a social club. I was growing fast as a passionate Christian but getting little support. I enjoyed the hymns best and preaching kind of. I never felt the pastor truly spoke it from the heart. 
      Now i think - who needs it? I don't. How was all that bringing me nearer to God?  I prefer to have a leisurely get up on a sunday. Pray. Read Bible in the bathroom while my bath runs. Pray as i bathe - why not? Prepare a nice early roast and be all relaxed listening to hymns or watching 'Songs of Praise' later instead of a rushed mad thing! Enjoy my Sabbath. 
      So, my motivation to attend church has gone. I intend only to go for special occasions. Am i wrong? Is it God's command to collectively worship? Or is that just a personal choice? 

• By Omegaman 3.0
      We had recently here as Worthy had a spirited discussion about homosexuality and discrimination in the church. The nature of the discussion did not allow for too much thoroughness in related issues, and the theology around them. I was cruising YouTube this morning, and coincidentally, this topic came up in the recommended for you suggestions, probably because I have watched some Walter Martin videos.
      Anyway, I found them informational and helpful, in understanding some of the issues and background to these topics. There are several views represented, and they are moderated, so it does not get out of control. So, for you consideration are the following four videos:

• By nobleseed
      the Lord kept me from sin, hallelujah, he kept me from sinning, God be praised, he took the temptation away from me, he denied me the thing i desired, sing his praises, he kept me from compromise and saved my integrity and in uprightness of heart i will serve him, amen