warrior12

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Just type in the youtube search box   "WE HAVE BEEN DECEIVED "   and listen to a message that the preacher sounded to the streets.   He had a few dialogue and you also hear what the streets thinks.  At the end of the video there was an alter call and many came forth.  Give your opinion as you see it, bad, worthy or ?? ..

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  411
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Good morning Warrior.  Is it possible to be "saved" and respond to an "altar call" after listening to a sermon on the street that lasts just one hour or so?*   The steps to dedication and baptism to God frequently can take a substantial amount of time, as is the case with many people, individuals need to make substantive changes in their lives in order to be scripturally exemplary.  Additionally, we have to remember that Jesus instructed his disciples to teach new ones all the things he had commanded. (Matthew 28:20) So first of all, the new ones need to acquire an accurate knowledge of the truth, which in turn would enable them to develop faith in God and in his Word. (Romans 10:17; 1 Timothy 2:4; Hebrews 11:6) Then, when Scriptural truth touches a person’s heart, it moves him to repent and turn around from his previous way of life. (Acts 3:19) Finally, the person reaches the point where he desires to dedicate himself to God and to get baptized, as Jesus commanded.

Another important step in the progress toward baptism is that of sharing in preaching the Kingdom good news. This is the principal work that God has assigned his people during these last days. (Matthew 24:14)  Sharing in this work also equips them for regular and zealous participation in the field ministry after baptism.—Romans 10:9, 10, 14, 15.

Thus, the "conversion" of individuals who have been exposed to just a street sermon could very well not be built upon spiritually fire-resistant materials (See 1 Corinthians 3: 10-15).

* One might point to the example of the Ethiopian Eunuch, but that is a Biblical rarity and there were some extenuating circumstances in that case:

• He had traveled Ethiopia to Jerusalem, some 1,000 miles, so his dedication and appreciation level for all things spiritual was already manifested
  • He was already in the habit of reading from the Bible out loud, so he had already established strong spiritually strengthening patterns of behavior
  • An angel had directed Philip to preach to him
  • A fine Bible discussion occurred, which revealed the Eunuch's already entrenched faith to Philip
  • He probably would not have had another opportunity to get baptized (remember, he was leaving Jerusalem to return to Ethiopia 

• Loved it! 1

5 hours ago, BibleStudent100 said:

Good morning Warrior.  Is it possible to be "saved" and respond to an "altar call" after listening to a sermon on the street that lasts just one hour or so?*   

Great that you asked this question.   There is always the first step to be taken in a person coming to Christ. It could be in  myriad ways.  How the heart is convicted is of each person dealing with what he have heard or read and coming to his personal change and seeing who he is as a person in need of a savior and the message a preacher sounds can be heard anywhere, in the streets or wherever. 

Yes, after the conviction the person would be guided to baptism and be lead as to the next steps in following the bible.  There are many testimonies where people were convicted of their state as unsaved and is it by the grace of God that is at work.  

So to give a direct answer to your question, yes a person can be saved by hearing the gospel on the streets . What happens afterwards is just like the many who got saved and saw the light of truth and took the steps to obey and follow the word. 

Guest PinkBelt
18 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Those words are of your opinion and you are entitled to it.   The preaching of the word to hard core drug addicts,criminals, sexual immoral and the many other that are in daily sin has to be reached and the word cuts like between bone and marrow.   Street preachers risk limb, assaults, abuse and to some extent their lives as the tolerance today is almost none and you label them as preaching to "tickle the ears of their listeners".  

Then you really don't understand the preaching of the gospel and how to reach lost souls.  Many are the harvest and few  are the workers, and yet you condemn the few who take up the mantle and directive to go to where the need are.  

Today the preaching of the gospel is seen as annoyance to those who are perishing. But ask those who have been convicted and came off the street and give their testimony as to their changed lives and who now in turn preach the gospel and you see a marvel of the word.  The Church has its role and place to nature and  develop the believer and those searching.  The enemy has strongholds on many who would rather take the easy way out than visiting a church.    

The words of that preacher on the streets rings in the ear of the passer by and though as you say "the message help no one ", it would be played back on that day as if they heard the word and to repent.  

You label all street preacher in the same light as yelling and such and stereotyping as such.   There are men who stand in a corner and preach as if no one was even there. But they are obeying their call to go out and spread the word regardless of anyone else opinion but the Lord who has called them to preach "Repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand ".   When the gospel is needed to a generation that is  becoming more perverse and need to hear what God hates and his love for men, you condemn those who labor for the kingdom.   Wow, it becomes a really doom day when no preaching is to be heard on the streets and instead men can gather by the millions to parade in nakedness and it becomes the acceptable standard to the masses.   The Lord would have the last say, not men.  

Repeating yourself and mis-characterizing someones arguments doesn't make you more correct. I never said the message helps no one, I condemned the form of delivery and told you why. Telling me I don't understand the message and how to deliver it is insulting and patronizing. If you think I'm wrong then show me I am wrong with evidence. The bible has many examples of ministering and none of them were standing on footstools yelling at a random crowd. In order to convince me it is a valid form of ministry you need to show me the numbers of people that have become Christians after street preaching. If they aren't listening then it's a waste of energy and not going to ring in any ears.

I challenge you also to show me where a street preacher in the western world is risking life and limb by yelling on a street corner.

On 7/3/2019 at 1:12 AM, PinkBelt said:

I don't care how truthful you think the message is, if it helps no one it's wasted energy.

The words above are yours.  

So, here is the link [ see the title below ] to a youtube video in the city of Toronto.   Do respond to what you see.  

The gospel would be preached to the whole world in every place and then .  Sinners love their sin, and the preachers are there to show them the way to  forsake those ways and  repent .   You keep repeating about the form of delivery by yelling. You are painting a picture of a few videos that some preaches use. But is it really the case.  Anyway, you have your mindset about the men who preach the gospel in places where people are walking lost and far away from their creator.

Type these words on the youtube search box and take a look.

The LGBT community shows their true colors

Edited by warrior12

Guest PinkBelt
10 hours ago, warrior12 said:

The words above are yours.  

So, here is the link [ see the title below ] to a youtube video in the city of Toronto.   Do respond to what you see.  

The gospel would be preached to the whole world in every place and then .  Sinners love their sin, and the preachers are there to show them the way to  forsake those ways and  repent .   You keep repeating about the form of delivery by yelling. You are painting a picture of a few videos that some preaches use. But is it really the case.  Anyway, you have your mindset about the men who preach the gospel in places where people are walking lost and far away from their creator.

Type these words on the youtube search box and take a look.

The LGBT community shows their true colors

I don't really care what someone on youtube thinks as I can form my own opinions. Since reading comprehension is clearly not your strong point I'll clarify what I thought was obvious in my statement. It is not the bibles message that is the waste of energy, it's that particular form of delivery. I asked you to show me evidence that:

A) This form of evangelism works and

B) Evidence that preachers in the western world are in danger of being subjected to violence and death. You haven't either yet.

I especially have no interest in "preachers" who use demonization and inflammatory rhetoric, as the title of your video implies. Clearly he is on a mission to stir up hostility against the LGBT community and is not interested in reaching out.

If you can't make your own arguments and instead resort to linking to videos then we have nothing more to discuss.

Edited by PinkBelt

36 minutes ago, PinkBelt said:

I don't really care what someone on youtube thinks as I can form my own opinions. Since reading comprehension is clearly not your strong point I'll clarify what I thought was obvious in my statement. It is not the bibles message that is the waste of energy, it's that particular form of delivery. I asked you to show me evidence that:

A) This for of evangelism works and

B) evidence that preachers in the western world are in danger of being subjected to violence and death. You haven't either yet.

I especially have no interest in "preachers" who use demonization and inflammatory rhetoric, as the title of your video implies. Clearly he is on a mission to stir up hostility against the LGBT community and is not interested in reaching out.

If you can't make your own arguments and instead resort to linking to videos then we have nothing more to discuss.

Well your form of correspondence and your assessment of my reading comprehension is what it is, yours.   Yeh, I know those videos bring to light what the so called peace loving community are.  There are means and rules for a conversation, not attacking the preacher.  The law of the land is freedom of speech and if someone is offended, there are law officials to report and civil actions that can be taken, not attacking and destroying a person property.

I know the video looks rather ugly, but the reality is what it is  and will only get worse as they want and demand their way.  When that behavior is condoned, then we know the downward spiral morals we are heading too and fast.   

The man was preaching that he loved them, but they just did not want to hear anything about God and just did not want him there, which he has a citizen has a right to .   So we have a mutual understanding, we have nothing more to discuss.

I think people should watch the video and judge for themselves.  See what the future of any outdoor preaching would look like in the days and years to come.

Edited by warrior12

• 3 years later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,934
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/28/2019 at 6:07 PM, R. Hartono said:

There are many kind and honourable ways to attract people to Jesus instead of preaching over people unasked and uninvited.

This church, the Bunda Karmel Paroki (picture below) has provided free medical service and dental treatment at his building every day from monday to friday, workers are volunteering doctors. Serving 500 patients a month. Every friday they provide free meal for surrounding humble neighbourhood. They also open a medical store to help people free.

Most patients came from unbelievers moslems, they are well taken care without being fed with lustful sermons which they obviously avoid. They come to church to receive kindness (see picture with head covers), nobody need to hunt them down the streets with TOA speaker.

We need to come with love at the first place and let people decide to learn something from God on their free will.

medic.jpg

karmel1.jpg

karmel2.jpg

paket1.jpg

paket2.jpg

moslems1.jpg

paket3.jpg

christmas1.jpg

Don't blast your sermon on the streets with toa speaker, there are many kindness way to invite people to church. Give them love at the first place and let them learn something.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

It's extremely intimidating to people in a crowd to have to listen to someone broadcasting their religious views over a microphone with a loudspeaker. 

That's the problem here.