• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Hi all.

Jesus told a doubter (Mt 11:4): the blind receive their sight and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have good news preached to them.

This is the opposite of any posts telling a doubter that they should repent or burn in hell.

So I will always distance myself from turn-or-burn posts.

Thomas

*It should read "repent or burn", but these words don't give a nice rhyme :P.

Edit: Mt 11:4 uses εὐαγγέλιον in Greek meaning literally "GOOD news" according to Britannica.com.

Edited by thomas t
see edit line

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, thomas t said:

That's Arminian doctrine, ...completely 180° opposite of the Gospel of Grace! 

• This is Worthy 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

“ BE” turned, or burn....

Turning over a new leaf saves nobody

BEING turned from sin by an indwelling Of God’s Holy Spirit.......  now that’s a horse of a different color!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

3 hours ago, thomas t said:

Hi all.

Jesus told a doubter (Mt 11:4): the blind receive their sight and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have good news preached to them.

This is the opposite of any posts telling a doubter that they should repent or burn in hell.

Thomas

*It should read "repent or burn", but these words don't give a nice rhyme :P.

Edit: Mt 11:4 uses εὐαγγέλιον in Greek meaning literally "GOOD news" according to Britannica.com.

I agree with you Thomas. I believe in eternal life and I believe in an eternal death, but do not embrace the concept of Dante's description of eternal torment.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Unless you believe you will likewise perish. John the Baptist said who told you to flee from the wrath of God.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

6 minutes ago, Debp said:

Jesus said there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth....that sounds like eternal torment to me.

Hi Debp,

I knew most would not agree with me. Most claim they believe in eternal torment, but I cannot equate that with a loving God. Who would desire even the worst of enemies to be in anguish for eternity? I know I wouldn't and I don't come close to the love of God. Weeping and gnashing of teeth is indeed anguish but not necessarily eternal.

Like I said, I know most will not agree with me and know there will be many posts denying what I said. But I hope someone who reads my simple statement will take the time to ponder a loving God in comparison to eternal torment. I remember Billy Graham even spoke about the difficulty of hell. He said some believed it was the physical burning of a person's flesh off their bones for eternity, some believed it would be like that but in spirit. He expressed a confusion in regards to the concept.  Think about it, have you ever been burned, it is extremely painful, now imagine this over your entire body for eternity... (both are eternal life but eternal life in intense pain and torment) who would ever equate that to love?   Anyway, I guess I will sit back and await all the scripture quoting, etc.... in an effort to prove how horrible our God can be....  But I don't think I will respond, but rather, once again, hope some will ponder the concept of eternal death over eternal torture from a loving God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

“ BE” turned, or burn....

Turning over a new leaf saves nobody

BEING turned from sin by an indwelling Of God’s Holy Spirit.......  now that’s a horse of a different color!

We are not turned from sin. We are turned to Jesus for the forgiveness of sin. Sin no longer has a hold on us. And if one does not turn, they don't "burn". What they do is die. The message of the bible, OT and NT, is "turn or die". As Ecclesiastes says, the fate of man is to eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of his labor, followed by Death. But Jesus has a better way - life everlasting after the death of the body. The only thing the non-believer has to look forward to after the death of his body (natural man, biological meat machine) is the death of the soul. 

• Thumbs Up 1