• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

My approach is just the opposite.....I don’t believe people are ready for the Good News until they have heard the Bad News....to each their own, I suppose.....lol

This is what peter did too .    He put some fear up in them and they got to trembling and said , What must we do to be saved .  AND THEN KADOW out came the GOSPLE .

PS , POPE francis wont like your approach ,   but then he claims atheist who deny JESUS and just did good works are saved too .  And claims all religons are valid etc .

yep ,   you should wear it as a badge that the pope wont approve of your approach .     

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Tigger56 said:

You quoted it yourself.... the wages of sin is death,

Yes I quoted it myself so that you would question it...

What happens when someone dies, their spirit and soul leave the body, there is no longer any light in their eyes, the physical body is dead and the spirit and soul are separated from it, so death, in the Biblical sense, is actually a separation, ...that is what the Holy Spirit calls the first death, ...those who will stand before God at the Great White Throne Judgement will be cast into outer darkness, separated from God for all of Eternity, ...that is what the Holy Spirit calls the second death.

To clearly understand, the wages of sin is death (seperation), we need to remember Paul only had the Old Testament to draw from, so the Holy Spirit used it to enlighten him, to use the spiritual illustrations that are found in it, ...so let's look at Gen 2:17, the first place we find the word die in the Bible:

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die die.

ומעץH6086 הדעתH1847 טובH2896 ורעH7451 לאH3808 תאכלH398 ממנוH4480 כיH3588 ביוםH3117 אכלךH398 ממנוH4480 מותH  4191תמות ׃  H4191  Hebrew OT w/ Strong's #

Gen 2:17  αποG575 PREP δεG1161 PRT τουG3588 T-GSN ξυλουG3586 N-GSN τουG3588 T-GSN γινωσκεινG1097 V-PAN καλονG2570 A-ASN καιG2532 CONJ πονηρονG4190 A-ASN ουG3364 ADV φαγεσθεG2068 V-FMI-2P απG575 PREP αυτουG846 D-GSM ηG3739 R-DSF δG1161 PRT ανG302 PRT ημεραG2250 N-DSF φαγητεG2068 V-AAS-2P απG575 PREP αυτουG846 D-GSM θανατω G2288 N-DSM αποθανεισθε G599 V-FMI-2P Greek OT w/ Strong's #

Notice in the Hebrew the last two words mûth mûth, to die, both have the same Strong's number.

In the Greek the last two words are  different, but carry the same meaning:

thanatos - death - and apothnēskō - to die off

But don't believe me, I've given you the Strong's numbers, ...look them up for yourself.

So to paraphrase what God said to Adam: 

...for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely be dying and you will die!

Isn't that the Truth? From the moment of conception we begin to die until we reach the number of days that are written in the book of how long we will live, ...then we die.

So what the Holy Spirit is saying in Romans 6:23 is because of our sin we are storing up a payday, and when that day comes we will die, separated from our body and then at the Last Judgement we will receive in full our wages of/for sinning which is separation from God. 

...But, He goes on to tell us:

...the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

We earn our eternal punishment, ...but we can choose eternal life which is the Gift of God.

That's why we say:

Born twice, die once, ...born once, die twice...

Lord bless

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

My approach is just the opposite.....I don’t believe people are ready for the Good News until they have heard the Bad News....to each their own, I suppose.....lol

Hellfire and damnation drove me and a lot of other folks away from Christianity.  I needed to hear of the love and forgiveness of God..  Like you say, to each his own.  And in that way all will have a chance to hear and be saved.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

15 minutes ago, Willa said:

Hellfire and damnation drove me and a lot of other folks away from Christianity.  I needed to hear of the love and forgiveness of God..  Like you say, to each his own.  And in that way all will have a chance to hear and be saved.  

Jude  22

And on some have compassion, making a distinction; but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Willa said:

Interesting......fear of the reality of Hell and  the conviction by the Holy Spirit That I deserved it ,was my personal motivation..... the horror of seeing myself as wretched and lost made for a frightful night, yet it turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me.....It was the only way to rescue me from the Satan inspired “ fool’s paradise” that told me that even though I had my flaws , I was “ good enough” to get to Heaven.Wow. Hard to believe I was that blind.

Sometimes I wonder if one can really be a Christian without going through the horror that I went through ....to be driven to that “ woe is me” moment that Elijah experienced ( or was it Isaiah?....too lazy to look it up right now...lol) Why should my Christian experience be any different from others- especially something that had the impact to divide and change my life to such a great extent.I think what I have described is true Repentance.If repentance means to “ have a change of mind”, I sure had one.I can’t provide Scripture to support my theory so I tend not to stress it very much.........any thoughts?

7 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Interesting......fear of the reality of Hell and  the conviction by the Holy Spirit That I deserved it ,was my personal motivation..... the horror of seeing myself as wretched and lost made for a frightful night, yet it turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me.....It was the only way to rescue me from the Satan inspired “ fool’s paradise” that told me that even though I had my flaws , I was “ good enough” to get to Heaven.Wow. Hard to believe I was that blind.

Sometimes I wonder if one can really be a Christian without going through the horror that I went through ....to be driven to that “ woe is me” moment that Elijah experienced ( or was it Isaiah?....too lazy to look it up right now...lol) Why should my Christian experience be any different from others- especially something that had the impact to divide and change my life to such a great extent.I think what I have described is true Repentance.If repentance means to “ have a change of mind”, I sure had one.I can’t provide Scripture to support my theory so I tend not to stress it very much.........any thoughts?

The Holy Spirit took me to that place without the condemning self righteous attitude of so many preachers.  He convicted me of sin and I knew I was lost and without hope.  I could not love as God loves, and he who says he loves god but does not love is a liar.  I was dead in my tracks.  Then He started leading me and I again started walking in the Spirit till He filled me to overflowing.  

It was Isaiah 6:5, I think.  Woe I am a man of unclean lips.

• This is Worthy 1

14 minutes ago, Willa said:

The Holy Spirit took me to that place without the condemning self righteous attitude of so many preachers.  He convicted me of sin and I knew I was lost and without hope.  I could not love as God loves, and he who says he loves god but does not love is a liar.  I was dead in my tracks.  Then He started leading me and I again started walking in the Spirit till He filled me to overflowing.  

It was Isaiah 6:5, I think.  Woe I am a man of unclean lips.

Was your experience so eye- opening and scary that you could describe it as a “ horror?” To see that you ain’t near as good as you think you are and if not for the unbelievable Grace of God you would be in a Hell that you rightly deserve ? Apologies if I am belaboring this topic.I have a theory I am working on.....lol

2 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Was your experience so eye- opening and scary that you could describe it as a “ horror?” To see that you ain’t near as good as you think you are and if not for the unbelievable Grace of God you would be in a Hell that you rightly deserve ? Apologies if I am belaboring this topic.I have a theory I am working on.....lol

Yes.  Absolutely yes.  The Holy Spirit did what man could not do.

• This is Worthy 1

1 minute ago, Willa said:

Yes.  Absolutely yes.  The Holy Spirit did what man could not do.

I thank you more than you know....this shared experience tells me a lot.....perhaps this is the basis of why we see eye-to-eye on so many Spiritual matters.Thanks again.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

11 hours ago, vlad said:

I am just curious why are you against repentance?

Hi Vlad, no I'm in favor of it.

What I'm against of is people telling others "repent!". If they do it in a good way, then ok. There are awesome things about repentance, indeed.

But please don't just shovel down the calls to repentance through other people's throats. I don't find the love in these. Before Jesus came to talk about hell... he performed many wonders out of love. His message was well balanced I'd say.

11 hours ago, vlad said:

If you do not answer that means that you do not want a discussion and claim to know all the answers yourself. And then what is your post for?

I would want the discussions with doubters here on Worthy to be loving and beautiful. "repent or burn forever!" can burst any discussion and to me, it seems to be ignorant behavior because the author of these messages doesn't make it clear that he emphathizes with the doubter. It often comes across as saying "burn you heathen! and I don't care!"

I don't like the style of these fire and brimstone messages.

Thomas

• This is Worthy 1