• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

When one declares them to be expression of fable instead of telling of fact, all of the are being negated, changed, rendered meaningless, for they are then subjected  to becoming used to satisfy anyone's desire for what they "should" mean instead of what they do mean.

Can't really argue with that. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

12 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

This makes no sense, because Baalam and those who only heard the right way and rejected it had never been washed clean.  That is why all those people and commentaries that say these were once Christians are right.  This is an example of getting very creative with the text to make it agree with something that is false, osas.  

We disagree

20 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

That would be true if we were doing that on our own without Jesus.  His blood washes away those sins done by mistake, and the willful ones we confess.  You still have no answers for the scriptures I posted.  This is deflection.

No deflection.....your division of sins is unscriptural .sin is sin.Do you have Scripture to show otherwise ? I know there are different types of sin.....I am speaking in terms of Salvation, this supposed willful sins must be confessed and the other ones “ done by mistake” are covered.....where is your chapter and verse?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, Blood Bought 1953 said:

No deflection.....your division of sins is unscriptural .sin is sin.Do you have Scripture to show otherwise ? I know there are different types of sin.....I am speaking in terms of Salvation, this supposed willful sins must be confessed and the other ones “ done by mistake” are covered.....where is your chapter and verse?

The same place as every other time you asked, Hebrews 10:26, and I am in context.  Those that say otherwise are out of context.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

11 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

We disagree

Absolutely we disagree! 

17 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

Absolutely we disagree! 

Are we done ? I must have the last word! Lol

• Haha 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Hi Still Alive,

I agree with Neighbor: Bible should always be taken literally, in case a metaphor isn't indicated.

17 hours ago, Still Alive said:

And because there is not word for word equivalence between English/Hebrew/Greek, then all translations into English are, by definition, also interpretations. So, if someone goes back to the original greek or hebrew and disagrees with what someone else is getting out of the english version, who is changing words?

You have context. You have the possibility to compare the translation of a Hebrew word that you prefer to other occurances in the Bible to cross check if your translations stay the same. 

death - which most see as fairly permanent -

Amen.

Romans 6:23 [is] plain language that supports annihilationism.

No. It merely speaks about death. However, death in the Bible is always temporary, as I see it. Look at this, Samuel being dead while talking....

Then Samuel said to Saul, “Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?” 1. Samuel 28:15. Please note, Samuel died as early as in verse 3.

Regards,

Thomas t

Edited by thomas t
making it clear it's my opinion

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 5/13/2019 at 12:25 AM, thomas t said:

Hi all.

Jesus told a doubter (Mt 11:4): the blind receive their sight and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have good news preached to them.

This is the opposite of any posts telling a doubter that they should repent or burn in hell.

So I will always distance myself from turn-or-burn posts.

Thomas

*It should read "repent or burn", but these words don't give a nice rhyme :P.

Edit: Mt 11:4 uses εὐαγγέλιον in Greek meaning literally "GOOD news" according to Britannica.com.

You need to understand, though, that sin brings trouble into our lives. That is why the Lord told us to repent (Matt 4:17). He was telling us that for our own good.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hebrew 10:26 - 31

26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[d] and again, “The Lord will judge his people.”[e] 31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

John 3:17-20 King James Version (KJV)

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Turn or burn  is a kind of crude mocking of Gods word. Its like saying that what it says is a lie, and that you think that those who don't deny what it says fools.  Not hear to debate We might not like What its say, but we didn't write the book. Just stating what it says.   

Edited by Mike Mclees