tsth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not sure of the first gather beause it didn't say on the concordance online and my Strongest is packed away ( moving soon ) but the latter one of the wheat, of the true believers is telling

to gather together, to gather

to draw together, collect

of fishes

of a net in which they are caught

to bring together, assemble, collect

to join together, join in one (those previously separated)

to gather together by convoking

to be gathered i.e. come together, gather, meet

to lead with one's self

into one's home, i.e. to receive hospitably, to entertain

It reminds me of the diaspora, where they are scattered to the four winds and those he promised to bring back together. I will go look that up and see.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes! That was the highlighted portion that caught my eye as well. I agree with what you have posted, as I came to that same conclusion.

:whistling:

Also, the "gather" used in terms of the tares, was specified in terms of "name" and "teachings".

It is a combination of 2 words

Sun - #4862

with

Lego - #3004

to say, to speak

affirm over, maintain

to teach

to exhort, advise, to command, direct

to point out with words, intend, mean, mean to say

to call by name, to call, name

to speak out, speak of, mention

I tend to think it is a group who have taken hold of a specific teachings...........a false teaching??? Don't know, but it sure makes me wonder?

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, in terms of the online concordance on the "gather", it's actually under the word "together" rather than "gather". You can see it on the link I provided in one of the earlier posts.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest Zayit
I'm not sure of the first gather beause it didn't say on the concordance online and my Strongest is packed away ( moving soon ) but the latter one of the wheat, of the true believers is telling

to gather together, to gather

to draw together, collect

of fishes

of a net in which they are caught

to bring together, assemble, collect

to join together, join in one (those previously separated)

to gather together by convoking

to be gathered i.e. come together, gather, meet

to lead with one's self

into one's home, i.e. to receive hospitably, to entertain

It reminds me of the diaspora, where they are scattered to the four winds and those he promised to bring back together. I will go look that up and see.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes! That was the highlighted portion that caught my eye as well. I agree with what you have posted, as I came to that same conclusion.

:whistling:

Also, the "gather" used in terms of the tares, was specified in terms of "name" and "teachings".

It is a combination of 2 words

Sun - #4862

with

Lego - #3004

to say, to speak

affirm over, maintain

to teach

to exhort, advise, to command, direct

to point out with words, intend, mean, mean to say

to call by name, to call, name

to speak out, speak of, mention

I tend to think it is a group who have taken hold of a specific teachings...........a false teaching??? Don't know, but it sure makes me wonder?

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, this is what caught my eye, if that word is a greek compliation of "with' and possibly 'to call by name' then could these tares be the ones who are hidden in the churches but are actually those who say "L-rd, L-rd, didn't we....................in your name, do .................................?

They look like true believers and do many things in his name but they really don't worship him, they do this for the enemy instead to deceive others.

I believe so.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Tares are weeds that look exactly like wheat when growing, you can only tell the difference at harvest time. Then the wheat has fruit ( what we call the grain heads) the tare has nothing. But because they grow so closely together, trying to pull up the tares would only displace the wheat. So it only happens at harvest time.

I think this is a wonderful way to descibe most churches today, we can't tell who is a tare or who is wheat in the pews but the gardener sure does know and he's just waiting for the harvest to be full.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Zayit, that is exactly right. We cannot tell by outward appearance who is, and who is not, a genuine believer. What makes a person a genuine believer isn't outward appearance or performance. Rather, it is the presence of the HS whereby that person is sealed.

But, the presence of the HS in a person's life will not leave that person unchanged. However, the level of change that a regenerate believer experience is critically linked to the level of their obedience to the Spirit within them.

In Jesus' name, Amen!

• 6 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Jesus said..."Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into My barn."

(Matthew 13:30)

Each of us must judge ourself to see where we fit in this parable.

Are you a wheat or a tare? Am I a wheat or a tare?

The harvest is the end of the world.

The children of God are the wheat in this parable.

The children of the enemy are the tares in this parable.

Hell-torments are the fire, into which the tares shall be cast, and in which they shall be burned. At the great day a distinction will be made, and with it a vast difference; it will be a notable day indeed.

They will then be bound in bundles. Sinners of the same sort will be bundled together in the great day: a bundle of atheists, a bundle of epicures*, a bundle of persecutors, and a bundle of hypocrites.

(Matthew Henry Commentary)

*one devoted to sensual pleasures. (Merriam-Webster online Dictionary)

Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 1:29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord.

Where are we in these Proverb passages?

We must fear God and keep His commandments. (Ecc. 12:13)

We are to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. (Phl. 2:12)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Welcome back Suzanne,

Notice that the Angels do the bundling. Angels are messengers with messages. The bundling is an internal condition of the New Covenant Experience, yet is is definitely seen in the external. In the New Covenant, the Law of God is written in the heart of the believer. This would be wheat. In others the Law of God is rejected, not written in the heart, but has in its place the commandments of men. This is what makes their worship vain. This bundling has taken place when Jesus comes because He has His reward with Him. He puts a mark or seal on each group, the wheat get the seal of God, and the tares get the mark or seal of the beast. Thus the seal of God, 'here are those who keep the Commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus'.

Look at Revelation 14 and you will see the Angels and their messages which do the bundling. God warns all to worship Him instead of the beast. He restores true worship of Him as creator and He identifies the 'wine of fornication' of false Christianity, Mystery Babylon, the Abomination that makes desolate.

God bless you and yours,

Dennis

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

The word repentance is an ugly four letter word to a goat, they usually have 'itching ears' and refuse the whole counsel of Gods word.

They adhere to doctrines that have some truths but not the whole truth.

The part of the cross that demands change and rebirth is offensive to them.

Goats/tares are usually very humanistic and are fine humanitarians, they are also very ecumentical and have a very deceptive 'unity'. This unity comes at the cost of truth.

They'll preach 'love' 'love' 'love', but it's the kind of humanistic love that will see you in hell before it will offer you a grain of life changing truth.

(sorry about the off topic rant)

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Welcome back Suzanne,

Dennis

Dennis,

Sigh! I don't think Suzanne is back. Someone pulled this out of the archives. I wish she was back. We used to have some really good conversations. I miss her. Glad to see someone else has missed her, too.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/08/1962

I posted this in General Discussion under the title "Of Seeds, Sowers, and Reapers." but it clearly belongs here, and so I am adding to this thread.

Matthew 13:3-9 3 Then He spoke many things to them in parables, saying: "Behold, a sower went out to sow. 4 And as he sowed, some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds came and devoured them. 5 Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth; and they immediately sprang up because they had no depth of earth. 6 But when the sun was up they were scorched, and because they had no root they withered away. 7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up and choked them. 8 But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 9 He who has ears to hear, let him hear!"

Matthew 13:24-30 24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, 'Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?' 28 He said to them, 'An enemy has done this.' The servants said to him, 'Do you want us then to go and gather them up?' 29 But he said, 'No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn."'"

The Parable of the Tares Explained

36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away and went into the house. And His disciples came to Him, saying, "Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field."

37 He answered and said to them: "He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one. 39 The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels. 40 Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

Clearly from these two parables there is a division of labor in the house of the King.

We are not to shepherd another's steps all the way to salvation. We are called to be sowers, to spread the gospel to all the nations. And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15. This is the precious seed, that yields wheat or tares, depending on what those hearing do with the truth they hear.

Many times the seeds we sow will bear no fruit when our eyes are upon them. How long does it take for seed to grow and germinate in good soil? Is the sower tarrying in the field exhorting the little seed to germinate, to grow, to hurry and bear fruit?

No. The sower goes on, seeding more fields, traversing more thorny, stony ground, spreading the seeds of the Gospel wherever they tread.

The Holy Spirit, the "rain" poured out from heaven, waters the earth and the seeds sown by the workers in the field. The Spirit knows all hearts, and pleads our cause before the very throne of Abba making intercession for us in the most worthy way. [Romans 8:26-27].

We are not to gather the harvest home either. That is the job of the angels. It is they, the angels of Heaven, who are given the task of separating those who have taken truth to their heart, cherished it, received it fully, and utterly, and who are fully and completely belonging to Jesus, Who died to redeem them from sin, from those who reject Him and His Sovereign Lordship.

Many will hear and many will be their reactions. Some hearts will be as stony ground, utterly rejecting Jesus as Lord and Saviour. Some hearts will be as the thorny ground. Accepting with joy, but having no roots deep into the living water in the wells of salvation (Isaiah 12:3), they will wither away when persecution, trials, and mocking ridicule is heaped upon them.

But some hearts, hearts of good and fertile ground, will accept that Jesus is Sovereign Lord of their life, they will study to show themselves approved unto Abba, entering into each truth as revealed in the Bible with joy and obedience. They will speak it loudly that Jesus is Lord, and that by the power of the Most High He was raised from the grave. [Romans 10:9-10]

These things will make sense to some few, but most will find it incomprehensible, for it flies in the face of that which they long to believe.

For the King of Kings, True Jesus has spoken in type and arch-type, In Isaiah 6:9-10 and in Matthew 13:14-17

'Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, And seeing you will see and not perceive; For the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, And their eyes they have closed, Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them.'

16 But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear; 17 for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

And the very best seed, the pearl of great price, the Kingdom of Heaven embodied in Jesus and His life-giving Blood, is given us in John 3:16-18. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

All that is required is that we believe in the name of the only begotten Son of Abba. So simple, and yet so profound.

Clio