tsth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Anybody ever wondered exactly what this passage means? I have!

Matthew 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: 25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Word study in Strongs, Click each word for meanings

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zayit

Tares are weeds that look exactly like wheat when growing, you can only tell the difference at harvest time. Then the wheat has fruit ( what we call the grain heads) the tare has nothing. But because they grow so closely together, trying to pull up the tares would only displace the wheat. So it only happens at harvest time.

I think this is a wonderful way to descibe most churches today, we can't tell who is a tare or who is wheat in the pews but the gardener sure does know and he's just waiting for the harvest to be full.

"bundling"??? Tares are bundled.

In His Love,

Suzanne

No, the passage for study said it. Do we really understand what that is meaning?

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest Zayit

Ah, yes, sorry, I missed that. What comes to immediate mind is that the wheat will go willingly into the 'barn' but the tares need to be "handcuffed" so to speak? Taken away in chains like?

As you probaby know , that is the only place that the word bundled is used. But the word preceeding it 'bind' is telling as that they are grouped together for puishment.

Also, in that same verse, the 2 uses of the words gather, are 2 different words. They are not the same words in the Greek.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest Zayit

I'm not sure of the first gather beause it didn't say on the concordance online and my Strongest is packed away ( moving soon ) but the latter one of the wheat, of the true believers is telling

to gather together, to gather

to draw together, collect

of fishes

of a net in which they are caught

to bring together, assemble, collect

to join together, join in one (those previously separated)

to gather together by convoking

to be gathered i.e. come together, gather, meet

to lead with one's self

into one's home, i.e. to receive hospitably, to entertain

It reminds me of the diaspora, where they are scattered to the four winds and those he promised to bring back together. I will go look that up and see.

Guest Zayit

This is the CJB Version

13:30

Let them both grow together until the harvest; and at harvesttime I will tell the reapers to collect the weeds first and tie them in bundles to be burned, but to gather the wheat into my barn.'"

Edited by Zayit

Guest Zayit

Isaiah 11:!2 11:12

And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

See how that meshes with Matthew 24:31

24:30

And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

24:31

And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other .

Edited by Zayit