Tzephanyahu

A Forum of Heaviness

56 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom all

Is it just me or has this forum become very "heavy" lately? 

I like debate as much as the next guy, if not more. However, I'm acutely aware of the fine line between healthy, intellectual debate and endless locking-of-horns arguing. 

Now when I go in to certain rooms (including General Discussion) it's with a weary sigh at what arguments are still raging and multiplying. 

Look at this forum with the eyes of a new believer, excited at finding the Lord and full of joy to share, only to run into all this heaviness, endless arguments and provocative attitudes. 

At the moment I'm not recommending this forum to anyone. I struggle to find many posts that uplift, teach and encourage others. Even when such posts appear they disappear soon after, eclipsed with repetitive nonsense for 48 pages, fresh for all to see.

What a sad state we're in at the moment. 

Where is the love & peace

How's your own website going, Tze? You've had a few months to see how things tick over here. What tips have you picked up for your own forum? 

• Thanks 2

Just adding in my two cents that I've noticed as well. Here's hoping it blows over and things calm down so we can focus more on supporting and edifying each other.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 3