Tzephanyahu

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

As a newer member, I have run into criticism and trollin' on several occasions. Fourums to me are a place to express your thoughts on a given subject n possibly friendly debate. However, I have been attack'd n vehemently, I mean some real rancor here folks, n this is not healthly to anyone, especially in the eyes of newcomers.

Just my two bits,  JJ

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, BorderCowboy said:

I have run into criticism and trollin' on several occasions.

I remember this happening not long after you joined. 

I'm glad you stuck it out and stayed though.  We need all the positivity in here that we can get for the sake of the new believers and I always appreciate your "two bits" in a thread!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

1 minute ago, Tzephanyahu said:

I remember this happening not long after you joined. 

I'm glad you stuck it out and stayed though.  We need all the positivity in here that we can get for the sake of the new believers and I always appreciate your "two bits" in a thread!

Why thankya kindly Friend!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

I have not seen much of the argueing & fighting although I did start a post & got blasted for it,  I do agree that debate should be considered but yes I think that you are going to have a lot of argueing & fighting but if it gets to the point where people are trolling & calling each other names then yes it's not healthy,  I will stay on here as long as I can but if it gets to the point where I have to leave then i'll leave but I like the fellowship & discussions here

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, shortangel said:

if it gets to the point where I have to leave then i'll leave but I like the fellowship & discussions here

That's understandable but it would be tragic. I hope you stay for your sake and the sake of the benefit you can bring to others. 

If you feel the Father wants you to leave then cool. But let no foolish behaviour chase you away from the service you can still do for Him in here. 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

9 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom all

Is it just me or has this forum become very "heavy" lately? 

I like debate as much as the next guy, if not more. However, I'm acutely aware of the fine line between healthy, intellectual debate and endless locking-of-horns arguing. 

Now when I go in to certain rooms (including General Discussion) it's with a weary sigh at what arguments are still raging and multiplying. 

Look at this forum with the eyes of a new believer, excited at finding the Lord and full of joy to share, only to run into all this heaviness, endless arguments and provocative attitudes. 

At the moment I'm not recommending this forum to anyone. I struggle to find many posts that uplift, teach and encourage others. Even when such posts appear they disappear soon after, eclipsed with repetitive nonsense for 48 pages, fresh for all to see.

What a sad state we're in at the moment. 

Where is the love & peace

Considering the variety of posters you will get all kind of discussions on Worthy. Worthy is one of the biggest Christian forums on the internet. My concern is that of the new believer. They need the truth and you do not always see that on Worthy. You need Christian discernment when posting on Worthy. We are in the end times and perhaps the end of the end times. There is not a lot of love and peace in our world right now. Satan is the prince and power of our world and certainly on Worthy. It will get a lot worse before it gets better......unfortunately.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,009
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,202
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

2 hours ago, BorderCowboy said:

As a newer member, I have run into criticism and trollin' on several occasions. Fourums to me are a place to express your thoughts on a given subject n possibly friendly debate. However, I have been attack'd n vehemently, I mean some real rancor here folks, n this is not healthly to anyone, especially in the eyes of newcomers.

Just my two bits,  JJ

2 hours ago, shortangel said:

I have not seen much of the argueing & fighting although I did start a post & got blasted for it,  I do agree that debate should be considered but yes I think that you are going to have a lot of argueing & fighting but if it gets to the point where people are trolling & calling each other names then yes it's not healthy,  I will stay on here as long as I can but if it gets to the point where I have to leave then i'll leave but I like the fellowship & discussions here

Since both of you are new, please remember to report any posts that are personal attacks, rude, etc.   The report post function is in the upper right corner of each post.   You can also report any PM's that are rude, etc.

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,009
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,202
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

19 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

I’ve been harassed by PM’s.

Oh wow, sorry to hear that.   Look for that report function by the PM's....maybe if people know that you will now start reporting them, they won't harass you.   Hopefully so.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

8 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

I agree that it can be one sided, but amazingly enough with truth at our side, I never feel we are outnumbered! I notice that some posts are ignored. I don't always respond because some of the other replies, many done by you and Beaujangles are very well done. Perhaps I should simply agree more with your posts but you and Beaujangles show a lot of wisdom in much that you say. Don't mean to embarrass you two! Of course you aren't the only two as I do greatly appreciate the wisdom and compassion displayed by some in this forum while some just come across as hard headed (that may be me).

I love God's scriptures but sometimes the responses from others are just so many scriptures being quoted that they fail to truly answer some people's needs and questions at a more personal level. Sometimes people need to be listened to and personal answers given not just a scripture quoted. I applaud you, beaujangles, border cowboy, thomas, listener, and others for your personal answers. Too often even in the general discussions I see "knee jerk" reactions instead of an indication that others are really reading what is written. I feel "reading comprehension" is something that has weakened overtime in a society that watches tv, etc... more than reading and sometimes it becomes apparent in the posts done in this forum.

I post scriptures because that is what helps me, and it is what I live by.  The Scriptures carry the authority of God.  My opinions don't help much.  They don't guide, or heal or cleanse.  I can grieve with those who grieve and rejoice with those who rejoice.  Ultimately it is the Holy Spirit working through God's word that transforms lives.

• Praise God! 3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

A great way to approach posting on the internet because there is a real potential of such things happening.  But even worse, imagine your own posts being read before you on Judgement Day.  A sobering thought...

Then we better ensure what we teach , think or say , totally agrees with Christ , His sayings , the pattern HE set and the apostels set and kept .

One who does that ,   will have no fear on that day .    You ever heard the song shall we gather at the river ,,  its beautiful huh.

Well I have a new one . SHALL we please open ONLY bibles  , feasting on those pages daily .     We would be amazed at what would occur .

Some of these evil vile men we thought were so hateful ,  WE might actually be like , WOW they really were and are preaching truth .

Shall we gather at the BIBLE ,  the beautiful and wonderful BOOK .    Been my call and plea since I first showed up .  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Praise God! 1