• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

…so much so that, with George ‘s approval, I changed my identity.  From now on, I will report any harassment.  

You put those hands up dear sister .    And just praise the Lord . 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Willa said:

I post scriptures because that is what helps me, and it is what I live by.  The Scriptures carry the authority of God.  My opinions don't help much.  They don't guide, or heal or cleanse.  I can grieve with those who grieve and rejoice with those who rejoice.  Ultimately it is the Holy Spirit working through God's word that transforms lives.

Wisdom isn't opinion. Wisdom, heavenly wisdom does come from the word of God and from his Holy Spirit. Compassion, the gift of saying the right thing also comes from God's Holy Spirit. Scripture is beautiful and filled with wisdom, love and truth. But sometimes more than a scripture is needed though scripture can bring comfort and strength. If scripture is all that is ever needed.... then I guess I would understand why Paul called what he did the foolishness of preaching. But preaching gives insight, instruction and guidance.... it can also give comfort and understanding. So sometimes scripture by itself is not enough. Please don't think I am putting you down for quoting scripture.... I do it myself and if not quoting word for word, I will refer to it. Remember in my original post, I stated that I loved scripture.....

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill

Hands up my friends ,   no its not a stick up ,    ITS A PRAISE FEST TO THE LORD .

Its a whole new day and yesterday is gone .     Time for more bible reading and diligent seeking of the LORD .

Ever increase in the things of the LORD .    

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, natesute said:

Is that a compliment?:red_smile:

Hehe in all seriousness though I never intended to contribute to havoc on the website. It sounds like I may have been something of a catalyst, and for that I sincerely apologise. I might also add that I did have a glance at the posting of the atheist you refer to. I disagree strongly with anti-theist bigotry and straw-manning, and I would be happy to help shut down any atheist who posts in this way.

I hope to provide some healthy dissent but am not here to troll or make light of any matter.

While I'm in contact, would you know anyone that could transfer my posts onto the general discussion forum? Or perhaps another forum if more appropriate?

Hi Nathan,

It was more like a typo. Sorry! I did take note of it, but it was too late for an edit. My reference as for the havoc was not aimed at you either. It was a situation that occurred by another member, claiming to be something other that what was evident. It's apparent to me that you've not come in order to troll the forum, or members here.

I know you have concerns of letting your parents know of your current beliefs, as was previously stated when you first came. All clarifications have been duly noted and recognized in my opinion. You've shown discretion and consideration for the feelings of others, and I find that commendable. Thanks for understanding the mix-up.

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,436
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/14/2019 at 8:18 AM, GandalfTheWise said:

FWIW, I think one of our biggest problems in western Christianity is that we idolize our explanations of what God does over Him actually doing things.  What I mean is this.   We rejoice over what God does in someone's life, and then argue about how and why He did it.  We'll then cut off fellowship with someone who disagrees with our explanation with noble sounding words such as "defending the Truth" and "being Biblical".  When push comes to shove, our idolizing of our doctrinal opinions as being of near equal authority to scripture causes us to be unable to be with other Christians without violating our conscience.  We start to want to protect new believers from those who have the explanations wrong.  Sadly, many churches take this approach making sure to indoctrinate all new members and believers into their distinctive beliefs about why they are right and other churches are wrong.

Over time, I slowly started to treasure fruit and maturity in other Christians over doctrinal correctness.  At this point in my life, I'd rather hang around believers that treasure and exhibit fruit and growth over the how much they agree with me about the Truth.   I used to judge churches and individual Christians by how much they adhered to my list of correct doctrinal items.  I now see that the only thing that really matters is that a lifetime of abiding in Christ produces fruit and maturity that cannot be counterfeited.  On a site like this, it takes awhile, but I try to figure out who are the people who constantly seem to exhibit good fruit, common sense, discernment, and freely share about what God's done in their life and others' lives that they know.   They're the ones I usually learn the most from and benefit the most from reading.

Thus.....  All the denominations.

The biggest problem is when folks preach another JESUS contrary to the biblical one .

And this has now led to the great problem that now is and is increasing .    and that is that at most folks are seeing JESUS as just another way to GOD ,

AND NOT As it should be , THE ONLY WAY.

Our greatest battle  is not behind us ,   ITS ALREADY entered and entering even christain churches .    WE GOTTA GO OUT as we came IN .

I shun all inclusive to hell and if that offends , then it offends .   OUR LORD and ONLY SAVOIR is JESUS CHRIST and it better be the BIBLICAL ONE we serve

or its all vanity .     ARMOUR up its only going to get worse in the days ahead .

UNITY will win out , this false unity will win out in the world , in other religions and even in lukewarm massive christain churches .

A huge sifting has began .    And we gonna soon see WHO are TRULY HIS and who were HIS in mouth only .     

• Loved it! 1

SO I make the call ,   LET worthy be the TRAINING and Preparation GROUND for  preparing the saints to endure faithful to the end

and to avoid this false unity call , at all costs .

ROME did this .    The largest world wide trogan horse has now been offered unto all religions and all of christain denominations .

DO NOT let it into the chambers of your heart .  FOR WITHIN is total madness and delusion and great deception that leads all men right to perdtion .

Do not take the worlds religion offering .     Stand on THE SOLID STONE and be prepared to suffer for HIS NAME sake , FOR THE TRUE GOSPLE

As this false all inclusive gospel for world peace increases , so will their hate towards all who aer NOT all inclusive all accepting .

SATAN DID THIS .     And we better heed none of his men or women .     CLING TO THE LORD and LEARN HIM WELL .   DO ALL BY HIM to withstand

the evil and do all to proclaim HE ALONE as LORD and SAVOIR   .     

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

So now that there are six pages of how unhappy some are with this forum, what is the plan to change it?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,013
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,262
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

For one thing, get rid of the trolls.

There are some who have come here that dislike this forum immensely and deliberately want to upset this forum.   Very unChristian behavior.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

19 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Hi, Jayne …any ideas? :)

I got an idea!!!  Why not let people vote with their feet.....when any thread gets to the point that everything that needs to be said has been said.....let it alone to die on the vine, so to speak  . Nobody is forced to go to any thread at Worthy......Sometimes threads are shutdown because somebody in control is not interested — they have no “ skin in the game”......I think it is best to let things play themselves out .....it’s not as if this computer ink is costing anybody anything......Those with no appetite for strong , sometimes contentious debates should follow Harry Truman’s advice.....  “ If you can’t stand the heat- get out of the kitchen”Those that are hateful, only here to stir up trouble, use vile language, etc could be handled on an individual basis....other than that, some of these debates are VERY important.....Doctrines and beliefs can make the difference between a victorious life or a ruined life, and at times these debates could enlighten somebody and keep them from an Eternity Of torment .Should it be any surprise that some ( i include myself ) get passionate  about their positions? If ruined lives and eternal hell are subjects don't arouse passion, what exactly would it take?Lets strive to keep our passion , yet play like good little boys and girls.I have a way to go, but this is my goal. God bless

• Loved it! 1