• Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,896
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

56 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom all

Is it just me or has this forum become very "heavy" lately? 

I like debate as much as the next guy, if not more. However, I'm acutely aware of the fine line between healthy, intellectual debate and endless locking-of-horns arguing. 

Now when I go in to certain rooms (including General Discussion) it's with a weary sigh at what arguments are still raging and multiplying. 

Look at this forum with the eyes of a new believer, excited at finding the Lord and full of joy to share, only to run into all this heaviness, endless arguments and provocative attitudes. 

At the moment I'm not recommending this forum to anyone. I struggle to find many posts that uplift, teach and encourage others. Even when such posts appear they disappear soon after, eclipsed with repetitive nonsense for 48 pages, fresh for all to see.

What a sad state we're in at the moment. 

Where is the love & peace

How's your own website going, Tze? You've had a few months to see how things tick over here. What tips have you picked up for your own forum? 

• Thanks 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

Just adding in my two cents that I've noticed as well. Here's hoping it blows over and things calm down so we can focus more on supporting and edifying each other.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Tigger56 said:

I do believe it is as iron sharpening iron.

Shalom my brother,

I agree with that, but the concept of iron sharpening iron assumes that both sides are equal.  This isn't really reflected in a lot of "salvation-debate" posts, in which one side, or poster, says that they ARE saved, and the opposition is not (usually done by implication). 

I agree with you that such posts should just be ignored.  However, it's usually because of the poster's bold provocation unfortunately starts pulling the attention away from those who would otherwise do good.

When I see so much focus and attention wasted on "salvation-debate" posts and then other posts elsewhere, asking for help, with next to no replies - it's heartbreaking.  

"The harvest is plenty, but the workers are.... busy bickering over the basics."

Love & Shalom

Edited by Tzephanyahu
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Brilliant! 1