Last Daze

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

People don't typically go around declaring "peace and safety" as a normal part of their daily lives, at least not that I've observed.  If such a declaration is made, it's because there's a reason for saying it.

• For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night.  While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape. 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3

Who are "they" and why do they say "peace and safety?"  Clearly, "they" are the ones who are destroyed on the day of the Lord, but why are they declaring peace and safety?

• And I saw coming out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits like frogs;  for they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them together for the war of the great day of God, the Almighty.  “Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who stays awake and keeps his clothes, so that he will not walk about naked and men will not see his shame.”  And they gathered them together to the place which in Hebrew is called Har-Magedon.  Revelation 16:13-16

Jesus states that He is coming like a thief as the armies are gathering at Armageddon.  It is this gathering of armies that provides the impetus for the wicked to declare "peace and safety."  That raises the question of "peace and safety from what threat?"

The armies gather together after the two witnesses are killed and the oppressive conditions of the plagues subside.  People rejoice greatly at their death but the resurrection of the two witnesses and their being caught up into heaven is clearly seen as a threat.  The plan of the wicked is to gather armies together as a countermeasure to deal with any ensuing retaliation.  After a period of time has lapsed, the wicked express their confidence in the armies gathered together as a deterrent by saying "peace and safety."  Then comes the day of the Lord, and our gathering to Him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

9 hours ago, Last Daze said:

People don't typically go around declaring "peace and safety" as a normal part of their daily lives, at least not that I've observed.  If such a declaration is made, it's because there's a reason for saying it.

• For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night.  While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape. 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3

Who are "they" and why do they say "peace and safety?"  Clearly, "they" are the ones who are destroyed on the day of the Lord, but why are they declaring peace and safety?

•  

Hi Last Daze,

Good subject. The UN`s, (United Nations) Charter is to preserve world peace. It`s main objective is maintaining `Peace and Security.` The word security and safety are the same in Greek, thus I see this as when `they` the world represented by the UN as saying `Peace and Safety/Security.`  

Marilyn.

13 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Last Daze,

Good subject. The UN`s, (United Nations) Charter is to preserve world peace. It`s main objective is maintaining `Peace and Security.` The word security and safety are the same in Greek, thus I see this as when `they` the world represented by the UN as saying `Peace and Safety/Security.`  

Marilyn.

Hello Marilyn,

The peace and safety described in 1 Thessalonians is associated with the day of the Lord coming like a thief in the night.  We know from the passage in Rev 16 that Jesus says He's coming like a thief as the armies gather for Armageddon.  When you put those two together, the people saying peace and safety are doing so based on their perceived effectiveness of the armies that have been assembled together.

I do believe that the U.N. has played a significant role in getting us to where we are today.  That world government is the fulfillment of the feet of iron and clay in the great statue of Daniel 2.  I realize that peace and security are relative terms and whether the U.N. has succeeded in that objective or not is subject to interpretation.  The purpose for the U.N. is fading and will give way to the 10 horns whose authority is usurped by the man of sin.  The destruction of the city which reigns over the kings of the world by the 10 horns will mark this change in world government.

9 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Hello Marilyn,

The peace and safety described in 1 Thessalonians is associated with the day of the Lord coming like a thief in the night. 

Hi Last Daze,

Yes I agree that `Peace and Safety/Security` is associated with the Day of the Lord as 1 Thess. 5:4 tells us, `But you brethren are not in darkness, so that this day should overtake you as a thief.`  However, I believe, God is referring to the BEGINNING of the DAY OF THE LORD, and not the end. Why? Because it says -

`When they are say, "Peace and Safety, (/Security)" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labour pains upon a pregnant woman.` (1 Thess. 5: 3)

The beginning of labour pains are sudden but gradually build in intensity. Thus I see that the world is desiring "Peace and Safety/Security" till in God`s timing He begins the Day of the Lord, the tribulation, with `sudden destruction,` described in Rev. 8: 7 - 13. ( all the grass burnt up,  1/3 of trees, bringing famine, 1/3 of sea blood, 1/3 of fresh water bitter,  1/3 of stars etc dark) The devastation continues building with the 3 woes and the bowl judgments, till great darkness over the world and finally Armageddon.

Marilyn. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

On 5/14/2019 at 8:48 AM, Last Daze said:

• And I saw coming out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits like frogs;  for they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them together for the war of the great day of God, the Almighty.  “Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who stays awake and keeps his clothes, so that he will not walk about naked and men will not see his shame.”  And they gathered them together to the place which in Hebrew is called Har-Magedon.  Revelation 16:13-16

Jesus states that He is coming like a thief as the armies are gathering at Armageddon.  It is this gathering of armies that provides the impetus for the wicked to declare "peace and safety."  That raises the question of "peace and safety from what threat?"

The armies gather together after the two witnesses are killed and the oppressive conditions of the plagues subside.  People rejoice greatly at their death but the resurrection of the two witnesses and their being caught up into heaven is clearly seen as a threat.  The plan of the wicked is to gather armies together as a countermeasure to deal with any ensuing retaliation.  After a period of time has lapsed, the wicked express their confidence in the armies gathered together as a deterrent by saying "peace and safety."  Then comes the day of the Lord, and our gathering to Him.

Hey LD,

I have long been under the impression that scripture is Israel-centric among the context of God's plan and the Kingdom of Christ and eternity.  My interpretation of this is a call by the nation of Israel for peace and safety, even stronger than what Israel calls for now and has been trying to achieve for decades. I for one can't see the point in the dead calling for peace and safety but I do see the importance of Israel putting out the call.

" Very well then, with foreign lips and strange tongues God will speak to this people, to whom he said, “This is the resting place, let the weary rest”; and, “This is the place of repose”— but they would not listen. So then, the word of the Lord to them will become: Do this, do that, a rule for this, a rule for that; a little here, a little there—so that as they go they will fall backward; they will be injured and snared and captured.

Therefore hear the word of the Lord, you scoffers who rule this people in Jerusalem. You boast, “We have entered into a covenant with death, with the realm of the dead we have made an agreement. When an overwhelming scourge sweeps by, it cannot touch us, for we have made a lie our refuge and falsehood our hiding place.” So this is what the Sovereign Lord says: “See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who relies on it will never be stricken with panic. I will make justice the measuring line and righteousness the plumb line; hail will sweep away your refuge, the lie, and water will overflow your hiding place. Your covenant with death will be annulled; your agreement with the realm of the dead will not stand. When the overwhelming scourge sweeps by, you will be beaten down by it. As often as it comes it will carry you away; morning after morning, by day and by night, it will sweep through.”   - Isaiah 28

I'm convinced this is an end of the age passage and that Paul was referencing this either by personal recollection or Spiritual inspiration in his letter to the Thessalonians.

14 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

The beginning of labour pains are sudden but gradually build in intensity. Thus I see that the world is desiring "Peace and Safety/Security" till in God`s timing He begins the Day of the Lord, the tribulation, with `sudden destruction,` described in Rev. 8: 7 - 13. ( all the grass burnt up,  1/3 of trees, bringing famine, 1/3 of sea blood, 1/3 of fresh water bitter,  1/3 of stars etc dark) The devastation continues building with the 3 woes and the bowl judgments, till great darkness over the world and finally Armageddon.

Marilyn. 

I can't really see "sudden destruction" as being the same as gradual destruction.  "Coming like a thief" is what ties it together and places it as occurring after the armies gather, according to Rev 16:13-16

4 hours ago, Diaste said:

I for one can't see the point in the dead calling for peace and safety but I do see the importance of Israel putting out the call.

The ones who say peace and safety are the wicked upon whom sudden destruction comes when Jesus returns like a thief.  They are those who survived the plagues and are expressing confidence in the armies gathered at Armageddon.  If I understand Daniel 12 correctly, there are 40 days between the resurrection of the two witnesses and the day of the Lord.  During that time, the armies are gathering.  This is between the sixth and seventh plague.

18 hours ago, Last Daze said:

I can't really see "sudden destruction" as being the same as gradual destruction.  "Coming like a thief" is what ties it together and places it as occurring after the armies gather, according to Rev 16:13-16

Hi Last Daze,

Well then let me spell it out for you to think upon. The `sudden destruction` comes from the first trumpet blast, heralding the judgment.

` The first angel sounded; and hail and fire followed, mingled with blood, and they were thrown to the earth. And a third of the trees were burned up. and ALL GREEN GRASS was burned up.`(Rev. 8: 7)

Do we stop and think upon the actual consequences of a third of trees and ALL the green grass burned up? That means great famine, and scarcity of food at very high prices. You see the green grass is the grains that most of our food relies on - bread, cakes, biscuits, pastry, spaghetti, rice, cereals, margarine, and so much more, all affected.

Then the animals who eat the grass wont have food, thus mass killing or dying cattle, sheep. goats, etc etc. Think also of all the dairy foods from cows etc. - milk, butter, cream, cheese, yogurt, etc That will all be affected.

A third of the trees, means the fruits and nuts and oils.....

Then add to that a third of the water becoming blood and thus much thirst and inability of many places to grow food.

I would say that that is sudden destruction when the hail, fire and blood comes upon the earth and causes the main stay of food to be wiped out in one foul swoop.

What happens after the `sudden destruction,` then, is a gradual escalation of judgments, till Armageddon.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

19 hours ago, Last Daze said:

The ones who say peace and safety are the wicked upon whom sudden destruction comes when Jesus returns like a thief.  

It's interesting that Paul speaks to that day as occurring in two different ways depending on the group. The distinction is made between those in darkness and those not in darkness.

"For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief." - 1 Thess 5

So this day, the day of the Lord, occurs in what amounts to opposites depending on whether one lives in light or darkness. This would be the two subsets, light or darkness, of the set of all people alive at the time of the day of the Lord; necessarily meaning the day of the Lord and the sudden destruction come upon those in darkness, wherever and whoever they are.

In the flood sudden destruction took a matter of days for some, weeks for others and I would suppose it was instant for anyone in the path of the fountains of the great deep. They were unprepared so it appeared to occur without warning and they were destroyed even if it took weeks.

If indeed the the bowls, or vials, are the wrath of God and the sudden destruction does come upon people when the day of the Lord finally occurs it would seem to be upon all the people so affected for the duration of the pouring out of the bowls; a few months perhaps. Not that I want to get into a lot of word study but definitions can be enlightening; "cometh upon" is 'ephestemi',  to set upon, set up, to stand upon, be present; Usage: I stand by, am urgent, befall one (as of evil), am at hand, impend. This sudden destruction looks like a condition the earth and all it's people endure for a particular window of time.

The same would apply, in my mind, with peace and safety. Since the context is a comparison between the light and the darkness and those living in each, the call for security would apply to those in darkness and those would be in danger of the impending and present condition of 'sudden destruction'; which in my understanding seems more like enacting the punishment clause and not an execution or annihilation. And since it's an existing condition, this 'sudden destruction', it would not mean the destruction would fall in a moment but still be assured as it's based on a spiritual condition and not locale.

But this goes back to Isaiah 28 and my dogmatic position of the Israel-centric nature of scripture. I'm convinced from certain evidence in scripture, and empirical evidence, that peace and safety may only consist of the call from the nation of Israel for security, for which they will reap the consequences of Isaiah 28.  I'm not saying that many people won't be calling for peace and safety, they may be as 1 Thess 5 seems to say 'whoever and whenever they speak peace and security', I'm saying the ultimate consequential call for security will emanate from the nation of Israel and be joined by a chorus of voices worldwide. 

The combined voices operate out of the cloud of spiritual emptiness and this darkness will lead to the sudden and shocking fate of those who believe not.

Edited by Diaste

10 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Last Daze,

Well then let me spell it out for you to think upon. The `sudden destruction` comes from the first trumpet blast, heralding the judgment.

` The first angel sounded; and hail and fire followed, mingled with blood, and they were thrown to the earth. And a third of the trees were burned up. and ALL GREEN GRASS was burned up.`(Rev. 8: 7)

Do we stop and think upon the actual consequences of a third of trees and ALL the green grass burned up? That means great famine, and scarcity of food at very high prices. You see the green grass is the grains that most of our food relies on - bread, cakes, biscuits, pastry, spaghetti, rice, cereals, margarine, and so much more, all affected.

Then the animals who eat the grass wont have food, thus mass killing or dying cattle, sheep. goats, etc etc. Think also of all the dairy foods from cows etc. - milk, butter, cream, cheese, yogurt, etc That will all be affected.

A third of the trees, means the fruits and nuts and oils.....

Then add to that a third of the water becoming blood and thus much thirst and inability of many places to grow food.

I would say that that is sudden destruction when the hail, fire and blood comes upon the earth and causes the main stay of food to be wiped out in one foul swoop.

What happens after the `sudden destruction,` then, is a gradual escalation of judgments, till Armageddon.

Marilyn.

Thanks for the spelling lesson, Marilyn.