• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/07/1982

(This is just a brief - ish book recommendation.)

"The Book of Mysteries," by Jonathan Cahn, is probably the best book I've ever read, w/ the obvious exception of the Word of God.

God brought it into my life not all that long before the hour of my visitation/my test, because it helped get me to a point where I'd make the right choice when the moment came that everything'd be at stake.

I cannot recommend the book highly enough, and I recommend it to every believer I know, and many non - believers.

The book really delves into some of the amazing profundities of Scripture, that many overlook.

While I'm giving recommendations, some other great books are: "Ancient Prophecies Revealed," by Ken Johnson, Th.D (although there are a couple of little things he says that I don't agree w/), and, "The Mystery of the Menorah: and the Hebrew Alphabet," by J. R. Church, and Gary Stearman.

There are many other great books (e.g., by Joyce Meyer, Lester Sumrall, Charles [Chuck] R. Swindoll, and Dr. Keith Ellis, etc., etc., but I don't have the time or space to include everything).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

42 minutes ago, Co - heir in Christ said:

"The Book of Mysteries," by Jonathan Cahn, is probably the best book I've ever read, w/ the obvious exception of the Word of God.

God brought it into my life not all that long before the hour of my visitation/my test, because it helped get me to a point where I'd make the right choice when the moment came that everything'd be at stake.

I cannot recommend the book highly enough, and I recommend it to every believer I know, and many non - believers.

The book really delves into some of the amazing profundities of Scripture, that many overlook.

While I'm giving recommendations, some other great books are: "Ancient Prophecies Revealed," by Ken Johnson, Th.D (although there are a couple of little things he says that I don't agree w/), and, "The Mystery of the Menorah: and the Hebrew Alphabet," by J. R. Church, and Gary Stearman.

There are many other great books (e.g., by Joyce Meyer, Lester Sumrall, Charles [Chuck] R. Swindoll, and Dr. Keith Ellis, etc., etc., but I don't have the time or space to include everything).

Can you give us a sampling of this deeper revelation...from the author, so we can judge for ourselves? :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

There's a sample view available on google books so I took a quick look.  It's basically a daily devotional book.  I skimmed the first 20 or so days.  

Overall, it looks reasonable to me.  There seem to be some nice historical insights and background.  The general point of each devotional I saw seemed reasonable and helpful.  His analysis and comments about various Hebrew and Greek words strikes me at times as leaving the realm of linguistics and starts creating relationships that aren't really there in the original languages.    It's kind of like having a teaching based on saying that our English word worship comes from the combination of worth-ship so worship is a response to God's worthiness.  Another analogy would be to take the English word lead and discuss how "leading" people has a heavy responsibility like the element "lead".   Overall, in spite of some details I'd perhaps quibble over about accuracy and relevance, my sense is that the main thoughts and insights for each day seemed generally reasonable.

I could see this being a helpful devotional book for some people.  

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  240
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

On 5/14/2019 at 1:21 PM, Co - heir in Christ said:

I think you will really enjoy "The Oracle" by Jonathan Cahn.    I have his books, and the latest is my favorite.    I will be rereading it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

From the little I've found out about it I won't touch it with a barge pole.

Here is how Cahn is promoting The Book of Mysteries on his website:

Statement 1

“Imagine if you discovered a treasure chest in which were hidden ancient mysteries, revelations from heaven, secrets of the ages, the answers to man’s most enduring, age-old questions, and the hidden keys that can transform your life to joy, success, and blessing…This is The Book of Mysteries.”

Like The Harbinger’s book cover, this statement promises to provide “hidden keys” to unlock secret revelations from heaven. The Bible makes no such promises, but instead lays it all out on the table as the light of truth. The Bible delivers the breathed-out Word of God that very clearly describes our depravity, separation from God, His promise of a Savior, Christ’s propitiation on the cross for our sins, the need for repentance, the gift of the Holy Spirit living inside His children, and His future return. No hidden keys, no locks that we can’t access. And if there were such keys, they are not what “transforms your life to joy, success and blessing.” Transformation is God’s sanctifying work in us.

Again, The Book of Mysteries is to be read as fiction. But with revelations that are supposed to illuminate God’s Word. From a different, fictitious “teacher” other than the Holy Spirit.

Your choice fictional clues to solve riddles that arn't there, or the plain open word of God.