• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,172
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

11 hours ago, Neighbor said:

That is also very enlightening, that government forces religious meeting to be open to their scrutiny today, is a very foreign thought to a citizen born at the USA. I had to stop and think about our USA history as a nation to remember it was not always  so free, that my ancestors came  to this land, fought and many died, for the right  to free and private gathering  especially  for worship of God without government intrusion and established that right per the first and fourteenth amendment to our USA constitution.

There is attempt by  Federal agencies especially the Internal Revenue Service to circumvent that freedom, but many if not most churches do not submit to becoming  what  is called a 501-C3 "nonprofit charity"  status, and instead simply declare to be church and therefore not under IRS  at all and instead are under protection from IRS intrusion by the USA constitution not required to accommodate the IRS and it's Federal administrative law rules.

11 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi yet again,

Large or small, a group is as free as the individual voices of it's separate members, the least  or lowest in standing having the same right of expression as the most responsible of leaders with their extra responsibility to our Lord.

Makes for some interesting sessions, meetings, and even informal gatherings. Also makes  for more than a casual study of Matthew 18 with God's commands for procedures regarding conflicts.

Hi Neighbor,

Thank you for enlightening me on how your meetings are run and also being `closed.` What a difference to those here in Aussie land. So does that mean people can`t just go along to a meeting? Do they have to prove they are a member or be with a member?

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,515
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Neighbor,

Thank you for enlightening me on how your meetings are run and also being `closed.` What a difference to those here in Aussie land. So does that mean people can`t just go along to a meeting? Do they have to prove they are a member or be with a member?

regards, Marilyn.

That would be entirely up to the individual group, and church I suppose. Of course I may not understand what you mean by a meeting. There are as example  Worship services open to pretty much anyone,  but our Sunday school classes for children are highly restricted for the protection of the kids. There are ladies groups, prison chaplains ministry groups,  Home school groups, and so on, probably 20 plus meetings per week, definitely not open to anyone but the participants, either members or invitees.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 12:19 AM, RarexxRose said:

What do you do when you feel like a churches guinea pig?

I would leave and go somewhere else.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 5/14/2019 at 11:19 PM, RarexxRose said:

Same as with feelings of being an elephant,   or giraffe,  or zebra. 

All of our feelings and desires get crucified in Christ,  so they have no power to affect us unless we fall back in sin.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 5/19/2019 at 9:50 AM, RarexxRose said:

Sometimes churches go astray

Many go astray every day,  as in continual approval of adultery in the congregation,  condoning divorce,  practicing greedy business methods (flipping properties for profit;  taking properties from dying members, etc etc etc ) ,   and allowing openly homosexuality and oppression of the poor.)

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 5/15/2019 at 5:19 AM, RarexxRose said:

Just go with flow and always say what you think. But we have to bear with sin in this life.