• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/15/2019 at 5:58 AM, Pekoudah said:

You are speaking here about having a living hope....which is often confused with faith. We can grow slowly into righteousness....by following Christ from a distance. There are different glories to the sun, moon, and stars. For most people the daylight is too bright.

Most people are looking for an easy way...for the free stuff from God. Very few are willing to pay the price of a follower of Christ. But many follow at a "safe" distance. Large crowds always followed Jesus. The bulk of the church...who are trying to be faithful...are like these. There will always be but a few who enter into Christ by the faith OF Christ. Jesus never lies. Those who abide in Christ will always be a tiny flock.

But many will seek to follow from a distance. These do so by maintaining a hope....a living hope.

Hope is to maturity what faith is to purity.

I hope that this will clear up those misunderstandings.

We are indeed saved by hope....like the slow race of a tortoise...that is if we remain faithful till the end. Then there is the walk of faith...which is more like the race of a hare. But faithfulness is required for these as well....as the story of the tortoise and the hare aptly conveys.

Humility is key. Let the cautious and feeble among us not claim more than they should. God is looking for humility...not religious defenses.

What rubbish.   Do you think we were left here to fend for ourselves with no help.  You quoted Romans 8:24.   Just two verses below that verse shows us that we have guidance to live life with divine help and.    God do intercede  for his children and helps us to walk upright in this world.  Yes, we have hope, which is the faith that we are saved by the grace of God to live according to his will. It's written below. 

So, believers has confidence as he live with the knowledge and practical experience that his life is being sanctified and he himself is a witness to it.

Romans 8 King James Version (KJV)

26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, Pekoudah said:

This is tiresome already...

Roma ns 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Let me ask you a few questions, as you are one of those who tries to make one verse teach the entire bible, as i pointed out in my last post to you, and here you are  trying to do it again.

Here are the questions. :    How were you saved ?   Who saved you ?  Where were you saved ?  What were you saved from ?

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 minutes ago, Betha said:

You will have to try again friend...we SHALL BE saved by His Life, Not by his death Rom 5v10

His death only reconciles us to God to give us a New Start IN being obedient to Him. Most people have not even started on that New and Living way. They have allowed themselves to be lulled to sleep with never-ending grace and forgiveness by a false god and false ministers. 2 Cor 11v13-15.

The call now from the true God is 'Now it is high time to awake out of sleep.........Rom  13v11; Eph 5v14. 

I think paul calls it , AWAKE to RIGHTEOUSNESS and SIN NOT .    

Folks have not learned the WHOLE reason why  JESUS came , nor the POWER of His resurrection .    And many know not ,  We are the servants to WHOM we OBEY . 

Cant change that .     Either we follow HIM , or we follow the flesh .    And thus an entire pattern was set up by Christ for the church .    for edification , to get built up

for fast correction if one errs .     Yeah,   I aint seeing this pattern from many , and it scares my something fierce for those many .   Because

if we follow another jesus ,  OOOOPS the real one GONNA say , I NEVER KNEW YOU .

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34

On 5/15/2019 at 4:59 AM, Debp said:

Some even claim that we are taught by pastors not to do any works as we are relying on grace. 

That kind of thing really bothers me. It's not an issue where I now live (Kentucky rural bible belt) and, in fact, the opposite is the problem. But I did see some of it in Seattle and on some web sites. 

If they would only teach that salvation and works are really two completely different, though slightly related, subjects. Works are an exercise of faith and one should do as many as they can. Not because they HAVE TO (they don't), but because they want to grow closer to and better know their creator/savior. 

I like to use this analogy:

Two boys, one who's father is Allah, and the other, who's father is Yahweh are each asked by their respective father's to clean their room. 

Allah's son cleans his room because if he doesn't, he's written out of the will.

Yahweh's son cleans his room because he loves his father and wants to please him and have a good relationship with him. And if he doesn't clean his room, he will not be written out of the will, though his relationship with his dad, not to mention the quality of his life, will suffer.

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

1 hour ago, Betha said:

Yes indeed, God's Word does not lie - 'All things work together for good to them that love God'....so how are you showing Love to God ? by your own emotions, feelings and understanding ? or by his Word to you ? Are you keeping His Commandments ? lots of verses in the Epistles of John admonishing us to keep them, written in the NT. Doing so 'shows love and trust in God. Yet this is not what Christians are taught or believe....by the god of this world and his false ministers 2 Cor 4v4; 11v13-15

When a believer is born again, something profound has taken place in his life.  Have you not read in scripture, that he now has the Holy Spirit to guide, teach and convict him when he goes contrary to the word.  It is a living experience that is true to him and as he goes along,  hearing and studying the word, he draws closer to the righteousness that the Lord so taught him to attain.  It is by Christ righteousness we are made righteous and not on our own, we can never achieve that on our own.  

You seem to place a lot of guilt on the church.  The onus for a man to walk upright before the Lord is on him as it is he that will face his maker to answer for his life on that day.  Study to be approved.  What are we encouraged to be like, not like the Bereans.

The born again believer has the statues written on his hearts and as his heart is changed, walks in this newness of life, striving to do what is right in the sight of the Lord.   Some take the path of counting the beads on a chain all day and reciting vain repetitions ect,, but the believer has the guide and teacher within him to guide him along the way.  The believer is a spiritual man and has to use his spiritual gifts to help him along the journey.  The word of God instructs and teaches us as to God will and each believer has to follow and abide in his own heart.

Acts 17:11 King James Version (KJV)

11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

"I like to use this analogy:

Two boys, one who's father is Allah, and the other, who's father is Yahweh are each asked by their respective father's to clean their room. 

Allah's son cleans his room because if he doesn't, he's written out of the will.

Yahweh's son cleans his room because he loves his father and wants to please him and have a good relationship with him. And if he doesn't clean his room, he will not be written out of the will, though his relationship with his dad, not to mention the quality of his life, will suffer."

For the boy whose father is allah. When allah asks the boy to clean his room, it was superficially, on the outside, it was so that allah would not be shamed by his bad behaving boy, as allah did not care about the boy to deeply clean his room, only to do for allahs sake,,never for the boy to enjoy sincerity and truth, decency and pride in a worthwhile job done. So allahs boy learns insincerity, learns cheating and how to never do what is right.

Now Gods son. God lays His life down for His boy. He gave His blood to make that child white. When God says clean your room, he wants that child to grow up just like himself, to be  respectful honest good child, who knows his father does all for him with the greatest of love and beautiful intentions, and the child cleans just as His father taught Him, as this is who His father is, and he knows Him perfectly, being His very own son.The boy learns even that same from his Father, to lay his life down for the brethren also which only a pure mind can do..

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

1 Peter 1:14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Edited by gordon7777

2 hours ago, Betha said:

You will have to try again friend...we SHALL BE saved by His Life, Not by his death Rom 5v10

His death only reconciles us to God to give us a New Start IN being obedient to Him. Most people have not even started on that New and Living way. They have allowed themselves to be lulled to sleep with never-ending grace and forgiveness by a false god and false ministers. 2 Cor 11v13-15.

The call now from the true God is 'Now it is high time to awake out of sleep.........Rom  13v11; Eph 5v14. 

Trying to save yourself doesn't work without the Cross, and it also doesn't work with the Cross.

Let Jesus be the Savior.  Not yourself.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

if we follow another jesus ,  OOOOPS the real one GONNA say , I NEVER KNEW YOU .

Jesus is IS referring to ....The people who cast out devil in Jesus's name, and who lived HOLY LIVES , in Jesus's name, but ended up in hell because Jesus never knew them.... THESE  are simply people who are not born again, but talk a lot about Christianity.

"Living it"....is meaningless without being born again.   

Jesus is literally talking about Legalists in this verse you are using as your sarcasm.   He is literally LITERALLY talking to and about people who are religious but lost.  

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Behold said:

Let me ask you a few questions, as you are one of those who tries to make one verse teach the entire bible, as i pointed out in my last post to you, and here you are  trying to do it again.

Here are the questions. :    How were you saved ?   Who saved you ?  Where were you saved ?  What were you saved from ?

If you knew more about yourself and the bible I could converse with you. Go back and read the post that you cherry-picked from the entire post I wrote. Do you realize that you are doing what you say I am doing? It amazes me.

Just to show how indoctrinated you are....imagine a tap constantly dripping water...now repeat your questions to me that you wrote above...over and over.

This is the torture of reading what you post and how you reason out the truth from the bible.