Sign in to follow this  
Behold

Salvation vs Legalism

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

And what does that mean?  If you don't lose salvation, what difference does it make?  Also, what does fall from grace mean if not loss of salvation?

Falling from Grace, is explained in Galatians 3:3.   Paul is explaining that to fall from grace, means to SUBSTITUTE "lawkeeping, commandment keeping, and lifestyle", in place of The Cross.

It means, that a person hears the gospel, and believes on Jesus, and is SAVED.....So, that is Grace.   "faith comes by hearing"....then Salvation comes by BELIEVING.. and you are born again.....So, that is all of God, through Christ...........but then.........later....this same person (Legalist) (legalism) gets caught up in trying to keep themselves SAVED......and so, they stop trusting in Christ alone which is GRACE.......and they fall from this.....they get away from this understanding and become confused and theologically wrong minded.....  And if they are born again, they are still born again, but they are no longer connected to the TRUTH........that ONLY Jesus SAVES and keeps you saved..........And they run around on forums, and their pastor and denomination run around teaching this "fallen from Grace" legalism, and Paul said to preach and teach this, is to be under God's curse.    Galatians 1:8

Read Galatians.   It will confirm what i am teaching.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

It can't mean lose salvation without OSAS being false because it means you can lose salvation.

Question: "What does it mean to 'fall from grace' (Galatians 5:4)?"

Answer: 
Galatians 5:4 and its reference to falling from grace is one of those “warning passages” pointed to by those who reject the doctrine of the eternal security of the believer. But because of the biblical doctrine of the perseverance of the saints, we know the warnings cannot be directed at true believers in Christ because once grace has been obtained, believers cannot fall from it.

In Galatians 5:4, the context is Paul’s warning against mixing law and the Gospel to attain justification. He says to those who let themselves be circumcised (Galatians 5:2) that they are “trying to be justified by law” and have therefore “been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.” It should be noted that there is no mention of salvation or the security of the believer. He is telling those who receive circumcision—in other words attempt to justify themselves through the rites and rules of the Law—that Christ will be of “no benefit” to them.

Paul expounds further in verse 3 when he says that “every man who receives circumcision” is “under obligation to keep the whole Law.” Why is such a statement important in regards to Christ being “no benefit to you”? Note what Paul says in Galatians 3:13 concerning Christ’s sacrifice: “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us.” Taken in this light, along with a brief understanding of the Greek terms used, we can get a better understanding of what Paul is saying.

The two most important words in Galatians 5:4 are καταργέω (severed) and ἐκπίπτω (fallen). The word καταργέω does not require the “harsh” implications that come with “sever” in the English language, though it should not be taken lightly. In light of Paul’s words in Galatians 5:2 and how Paul uses the term in verses such as Romans 3:34:14, and 1 Corinthians 1:28, a good way of understanding the term καταργέω is “nullify” or “done away with.” While the word ἐκπίπτω can undoubtedly mean to fall away from a previously held position, as those who deny the eternal security of true believers assert, in the context of this verse and how it is used in passages such as Acts 27, a good understanding of the phrase in Galatians 5:4 is that of “estranged” or “separated from.” 

Paul warns against setting aside the grace that comes from Christ. Those who do have nullified, or run away from, the grace that comes through His blood and attempted instead to justify themselves by the works of the Law. The purpose of Paul’s letter to the Galatians was to warn against the Judaizers because they attempted to lure born-again Christians back to justification through the Law, which is impossible (Galatians 2:16). He reminds them of the freedom they have in Christ: “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery” (Galatians 5:1).

5 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Question: "What does it mean to 'fall from grace' (Galatians 5:4)?"

Answer: 
Galatians 5:4 and its reference to falling from grace is one of those “warning passages” pointed to by those who reject the doctrine of the eternal security of the believer. But because of the biblical doctrine of the perseverance of the saints, we know the warnings cannot be directed at true believers in Christ because once grace has been obtained, believers cannot fall from it.

In Galatians 5:4, the context is Paul’s warning against mixing law and the Gospel to attain justification. He says to those who let themselves be circumcised (Galatians 5:2) that they are “trying to be justified by law” and have therefore “been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.” It should be noted that there is no mention of salvation or the security of the believer. He is telling those who receive circumcision—in other words attempt to justify themselves through the rites and rules of the Law—that Christ will be of “no benefit” to them.

Paul expounds further in verse 3 when he says that “every man who receives circumcision” is “under obligation to keep the whole Law.” Why is such a statement important in regards to Christ being “no benefit to you”? Note what Paul says in Galatians 3:13 concerning Christ’s sacrifice: “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us.” Taken in this light, along with a brief understanding of the Greek terms used, we can get a better understanding of what Paul is saying.

The two most important words in Galatians 5:4 are καταργέω (severed) and ἐκπίπτω (fallen). The word καταργέω does not require the “harsh” implications that come with “sever” in the English language, though it should not be taken lightly. In light of Paul’s words in Galatians 5:2 and how Paul uses the term in verses such as Romans 3:34:14, and 1 Corinthians 1:28, a good way of understanding the term καταργέω is “nullify” or “done away with.” While the word ἐκπίπτω can undoubtedly mean to fall away from a previously held position, as those who deny the eternal security of true believers assert, in the context of this verse and how it is used in passages such as Acts 27, a good understanding of the phrase in Galatians 5:4 is that of “estranged” or “separated from.” 

Paul warns against setting aside the grace that comes from Christ. Those who do have nullified, or run away from, the grace that comes through His blood and attempted instead to justify themselves by the works of the Law. The purpose of Paul’s letter to the Galatians was to warn against the Judaizers because they attempted to lure born-again Christians back to justification through the Law, which is impossible (Galatians 2:16). He reminds them of the freedom they have in Christ: “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery” (Galatians 5:1).

I don't agree with that obviously, but in order to hold onto OSAS, that is the only way you can interpret it.  I don't believe Paul is speaking of unconditional security at all, but if fall from grace meant losing salvation for rejecting OSAS, the doctrine has no meaning.

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

I don't agree with that obviously, but in order to hold onto OSAS, that is the only way you can interpret it.  I don't believe Paul is speaking of unconditional security at all, but if fall from grace meant losing salvation for rejecting OSAS, the doctrine has no meaning.

I pretty much know where you stand and vice- verse ......  I sent it solely for Newbies to consider, plus they can learn much from got questions .com.       Another great place is getgodsgift.com.   See the best Bible teacher on this or any other planet if you google   Rene Roland you tube.  Andrew Farley is also great.Anything written by Harry Ironside is great.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

13 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I pretty much know where you stand and vice- verse ......  I sent it solely for Newbies to consider, plus they can learn much from got questions .com.       Another great place is getgodsgift.com.   See the best Bible teacher on this or any other planet if you google   Rene Roland you tube.  Andrew Farley is also great.Anything written by Harry Ironside is great.

To me, they are some of the worst false teachers on the planet.

1 hour ago, Firm Foundation said:

To me, they are some of the worst false teachers on the planet.

They could be, for all I know,they could be sending me straight to Hell.....those you listen to could be the ones in the wrong as well......Let people decide for themselves, asking for God’s Wisdom to guide their Doctrine.....that’s what I do

12 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

They could be, for all I know,they could be sending me straight to Hell.....those you listen to could be the ones in the wrong as well......Let people decide for themselves, asking for God’s Wisdom to guide their Doctrine.....that’s what I do

God gave His wisdom already, no man teaches us, no man is needed, God inside us tells us all things, and God cant lie..

Hebrews 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

1 John 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

• Praise God! 1

To fall from grace is to fall away from God, it is the purpose of the entire bible, telling us how grace was shown to the Hebrews until they fell away too much.

Ezra 9:8 And now for a little space grace hath been shewed from the Lord our God, to leave us a remnant to escape, and to give us a nail in his holy place, that our God may lighten our eyes, and give us a little reviving in our bondage.

13 And after all that is come upon us for our evil deeds, and for our great trespass, seeing that thou our God hast punished us less than our iniquities deserve, and hast given us such deliverance as this;14 Should we again break thy commandments, and join in affinity with the people of these abominations? wouldest not thou be angry with us till thou hadst consumed us, so that there should be no remnant nor escaping?

• This is Worthy 1

Posted (edited)

hyper-grace is really just an over reaction to legalism.  It can only result in the abuse of God's grace.  People are drawn to this not only to be free from legalism, but also to be free from God's standards.  Grace does not make one free from God's standards.  There is nothing new under the sun, and man trying to make his own way is not new either as its origin can be traced back to the garden of Eden.

Gods grace has freed us from the bondage of sin.  we must not receive this sacrifice in vain.  We must repent and seek to live(zao) under the Lordship of Jesus Christ, which is seeking holiness by The Holy Spirit. 

1Pe 1:13  Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
1Pe 1:14  As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
1Pe 1:15  But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
1Pe 1:16  Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
1Pe 1:17  And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

1Pe 2:11  Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;
1Pe 2:12  Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

Rom 6:18  Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Now legalism, that is true legalism, is also a plague found today in the church.  If we could observe the law unto salvation Jesus did not need to die.  He didnt even need to be born in the flesh. 

Jas 2:10  For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Rom 3:10  As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Rom 3:11  There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Rom 3:12  They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

edit: notice how both hyper-grace teachings and legalism teachings both seek for man to make his own way?  even to justify it?  either way is poison for your soul. 

Edited by Cletus
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

15 minutes ago, Cletus said:

hyper-grace is really just an over reaction to legalism.  It can only result in the abuse of God's grace.  People are drawn to this not only to be free from legalism, but also to be free from God's standards.  Grace does not make one free from God's standards.  There is nothing new under the sun, and man trying to make his own way is not new either as its origin can be traced back to the garden of Eden.

Gods grace has freed us from the bondage of sin.  we must not receive this sacrifice in vain.  We must repent and seek to live(zao) under the Lordship of Jesus Christ, which is seeking holiness by The Holy Spirit. 

1Pe 1:13  Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
1Pe 1:14  As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
1Pe 1:15  But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
1Pe 1:16  Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
1Pe 1:17  And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

1Pe 2:11  Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;
1Pe 2:12  Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

Rom 6:18  Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Now legalism, that is true legalism, is also a plague found today in the church.  If we could observe the law unto salvation Jesus did not need to die.  He didnt even need to be born in the flesh. 

Jas 2:10  For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Rom 3:10  As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Rom 3:11  There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Rom 3:12  They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

edit: notice how both hyper-grace teachings and legalism teachings both seek for man to make his own way?  even to justify it?  either way is poison for your soul. 

"man trying to make his own way is not new either as its origin can be traced back to the garden of Eden."

Man tried to make his own way to hell and death, what has it got to do with legalism and God for Adam ?

""Now legalism, that is true legalism, is also a plague found today in the church.  If we could observe the law unto salvation Jesus did not need to die.  He didnt even need to be born in the flesh. 

Nobody can observe the law unto salvation, because they were cursed if they did not continue in it, and everybody could not, as there was no Holy Spirit writing Gods laws into their hearts, as they continued not in the covenant as God said..

Hebrews 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Jesus Christ needed to die in the flesh to quicken in the Spirit so we also die to flesh and quicken in the Spirit, and if we continue as in the first covenant, breaking all of the Lords right ways, we have decided Jesus needed to die for nothing..

James 2:If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Mary8
      He comes in wrath, His garments dipped in blood - Isaiah 62, 63 and Rev. 19
      Isaiah Chapter 62:11-12 and 63:1-6
      11 Behold, the LORD hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh; behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.
      12 And they shall call them, The holy people, The redeemed of the LORD: and thou shalt be called, Sought out, A city not forsaken.
      1 Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save. 2 Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat?  3 I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.  4 For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.  5 And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.  6 And I will tread down the people in mine anger, and make them drunk in my fury, and I will bring down their strength to the earth.
      Revelation 19:7-16
      7 For the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.... 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints....
      11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
      18 Jul 2019
    • By Mary8
      Scriptures that promise that the Lord will take believers prior to the tribulation: (some of these are from memory so I may need to fix.)
      For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:  and the dead in Christ shall rise first, then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air:  and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.  I Thessalonians 4:18  [So we can take comfort that He will catch us up to Himself.]
      And to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.   I Thessalonians 1:10   [Those who do not believe in an imminent rapture  would add the word death after "wrath" and are erring.  It just says the wrath.]
      Looking for that blessed hope and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ.   Titus 2:13
      For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in his pavilion, In the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me.  He shall set me upon a rock. Psalm 27:10     [This specifically points to "the time of trouble," also called "the time of Jacob's trouble," "the tribulation," and shows that believers will be where God dwells during that time.]
      For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.    I Thessalonians 5:9  [This does not say wrath at time of death.]
      So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.  Heb. 9:28
      Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.   Romans 5:9
      Because thou hast kept the word of My patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.    Revelation 3:10   [The time of temptation, I believe is the time of tribulation, trial of all the world.]
      Call upon Me in the day of trouble, and I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify Me.  Psalm 50:15     [I had saved this Scripture prior to 26 September 2017 when I realized  Psalm 50 contains details about the rapture, about Israel's response afterwards, and about the wicked and what they must admit do if they hope to find the Lord.]  
      We have confidence to come into the holy place through the blood of Jesus.  Hebrews 10:19
      Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest:  for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.  If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.  If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.  I Cor. 3:11-15.
      Thou shalt tread upon the lion and the adder, the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.  Because he hath set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him.  I will set him on high, because he hath known My Name.   Psalm 91:13-14
      The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.   Psalm 34:7   
      Psalm 50:3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.  4 He shall call to the heavens from above, and to the earth, that he may judge his people.  5 Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.
      Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.  Luke 12:32 
      2 Peter 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished
      2 Timothy 4:8  Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
      John 14:3   And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
      Jude 1:14   And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
      Isaiah 26:19-21  Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.  20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.  21 For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.
      I Thessalonians 4:18  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
      Mark 13:32-37 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. 33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. 34 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. 35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: 36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. 37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.   [We are like the porter who was to watch the door:  commanded to watch.]
      Luke 12:37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.  
      2dec2017
    • By Melinda12
      I used to go without fail. Then illness meant i stopped for several weeks.
      Instead i read my bible daily, pray and do my own study and prayer. I make time for it and treasure it. 
      Now i find myself asking, do i really want or need to go to church on Sundays? I found people there irritating and tedious. I was always rushing to get there, being roped in for various duties and being ignored and sidelined for other roles that i would have loved. The pastor was a pompous man, not inspiring, just did his job. I sat next to people who fidgeted, were ignorant and closed minded about God's Word. They chatted as if it was a social club. I was growing fast as a passionate Christian but getting little support. I enjoyed the hymns best and preaching kind of. I never felt the pastor truly spoke it from the heart. 
      Now i think - who needs it? I don't. How was all that bringing me nearer to God?  I prefer to have a leisurely get up on a sunday. Pray. Read Bible in the bathroom while my bath runs. Pray as i bathe - why not? Prepare a nice early roast and be all relaxed listening to hymns or watching 'Songs of Praise' later instead of a rushed mad thing! Enjoy my Sabbath. 
      So, my motivation to attend church has gone. I intend only to go for special occasions. Am i wrong? Is it God's command to collectively worship? Or is that just a personal choice? 

• By CuriousWhiteTryinToDoRight
      I have this silly concern and constant worry about my decisions displeasing God. So many of my goals and things I want to do aren’t necessarily Christian based. I like doing things such as watching certain shows that have cussing and sexual content in them....but they are so entertaining....I’ve been told that even the little things I like to do, such as working out, is based on vanity. But I really just love working out because it makes me feel complete. I’m even a little afraid of getting in a relationship because of the fear of feeling something sinful such as lust or immoral thoughts. Back when I was younger, I didn’t mind these things much. But now, I’m at an age where I should know better. I don’t want to live this way anymore. I need to find an inner peace. God Bless.
    • By shadowkat
      My friends, I need your help. I'll do my best not to make this too long, although it is a bit of a story.
      Back in October, I saw a need in my church choir and reached out to a guy that was relatively new and was essentially getting shunned by most of the other men because he has tattoos and his ears are pierced. I actually feel really bad because I waited for a few months after I felt the initial tug and I wonder if I would be struggling so much if I hadn't. Anyway...we clicked almost immediately and soon we were talking practically every day. We are very similar and deal with a lot of the same struggles, such as depression. We've opened up to one another on a level that I've only ever replicated with my two best friends of 13+ years and we can talk for hours without it feeling like any time has passed. He has quickly become a close friend, one that I greatly cherish. 
      My issue is this: I have developed romantic feelings for him, feelings that I'm pretty sure he doesn't return. He is in a relationship at this point and it's a relationship he said he has prayed for, despite that this girl has caused him a lot of heartache. It's hard for me to watch since I don't feel she is good for him and obviously I feel that I am. It's also hard because he is one that will ghost out on the people around him when he gets wrapped up in his own affairs. He doesn't mean to, he just has had really bad examples of friendship and I'm the first one that actually fights to keep him grounded. 
      So how do I maintain this friendship in a Godly way without letting my own bias get in the way and how do I move on from my feelings? If you need me to answer any further questions that might help give better advice, please feel free to ask. I have probably forgotten something in my attempt to keep this short.