Nonkululeko

I am the apple of his eye!

Welcome to Worthy, Nonkululeko.  It is a beautiful passage.  Just remember that true riches are those we can store in heaven, and not that can be destroyed or stolen here on earth.  

Mat 6:19  "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal,

Mat 6:20  but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.

Mat 6:21  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Willa said:

Welcome to Worthy, Nonkululeko.  It is a beautiful passage.  Just remember that true riches are those we can store in heaven, and not that can be destroyed or stolen here on earth.  

Mat 6:19  "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal,

Mat 6:20  but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.

Mat 6:21  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Thank you so much for your comment, and for  the reminder, I assure you I have not forgotten  it.  I am just sharing my life's  experiences , blessings to me do not only refer to riches but to breakthroughs in my life,   some of us face much more than just financial constraints, and these words I share give me hope and keeps the faith alive and that is what I am sharing. I hope anyone who reads my posts don't think I am telling them God will make them rich or wealthy or that they must invest on earthly things  or material  things, I am saying whatever you going through, "is not to harm you but to prosper you" and those are the plans God has for you "hold on joy will come in the morning ". Hope no one is mislead by my posts Thanks again Willa

Edited by Nonkululeko
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

I love your joy, Nonkululeko. :)  Thank you for sharing, and WELCOME to the forum.  May you be blessed here.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

I, too, welcome you to the forum Nonkululeko, I have a suspicion that you will be a blessing to all here, God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Nonkululeko... :)  Thanks for giving all of us a glimpse into your wonderful family devotion time.  How blessed you are to have such a wise uncle who is willing to teach you how precious you are to God.  I love the passage from Zechariah you shared!

We also read about the assurance of our Father's protection in Psalm 91:14-16...

The Lord says, "I will rescue those who love Me.  I will protect those who trust in My name.  When they call on Me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble.  I will rescue and honor them.  I will reward them with a long life and give them My salvation."

Loving Him is the key, and I can see that you do!  Welcome!  

• Praise God! 3

There was a commentary on the phrase "the apple of his eye" that explained that that the apple is the pupil of the eye.  So that when people take pokes at us they are poking God in the eye!  Wow!  No wonder we are supposed to bless and pray for our enemies.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

Welcome.

• Thanks 1