• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By GG1010
      Hello all,
      I am here for advice. I have been dating my current boyfriend for about 16 months.  We met a  youth church event that his church was attending and my church was also attending. 

It all started great but then after he visited my church a few times things went a little downhill.  My church is more conservative while his church is more "modern". 
      My family wanted him to do the things and worship the way that is done at my church. He is not used to this and he doesn't necessarily agree. My family then began to disapprove and that's when the  conflict started. 
      I spoke to my family about how important he is to me and my feelings towards him but they have pretty much just shot me down. It makes me feel very sad because his family has been so kind to me and I was so welcomed at his church and they can't be welcoming to him. 
      My boyfriend and I took a break to try and see if this was something that we both truly want. We have decided that we want to continue this relationship and grow but I am worried about my family.  
      I don't want to go against them but I also dont feel like they are taking my feelings and relationships into consideration. They have told me to stop communicating with him because I am not allowed. I should also say that I am in my mid twenties and I don't agree that they should tell me who I am allowed to speak to who I am not. 

I need advice on how handle this situation with my parents and with my boyfriend.  
    • By Behold
      Many believers do not enjoy their Christianity as they should because they have an idea of God, and how to deal with Him, and how He deals with them, that is remarkably wrong.
      There are many born again Saints whose entire idea of fellowship with God is not  friendship, is not a love relationship, is not family..... but its a sort of a "how do i make myself worthy enough for God to be nice to me and accept me".
      Its almost a sort of mild performance anxiety mental issue,  where the believer has not been able to accept or believe that God loves them because God is LOVE and that is what He does, because that is who He is......in reality.
      Instead they are forever straining at the straps, earning, stressing, ever seeking to perform enough, long enough, so that God can accept them.
      And truly, this performance based Christian mentality is a straight jacket of misery, and if you are wearing it, i want to offer you a verse to meditate on so that you get a True Vision of the God who saved you, and not because you earned it, but only because "God so loved YOU", that even if you were the only person in the world, He still would have sent His Blessed Son to the Cross just to bring YOU home to His Kingdom and into His heart.
      Look at this verse... and see the real God, your Father.
      John 16:24
      "and hitherto have you asked nothing in my name :   ASK and you shall receive, that your JOY MAY BE FULL.""
      Now, let me expound this just a little .........
      "what are you waiting for?.....ask me.... im your Father.....I love you......and i want to give to you my blessing so that your joy may be full"
      Now, did you notice what you are to do to earn this fullness of Joy that God wants to give you?
      Answer.) = nothing
      You dont earn it.    And the reason is, .. God's love for you is not a performance based rewards system.    He is not up there taking notes and awarding and subtracting reward points, and if you finally do enough and get enough points, you finally get a blessing.
      That is not God.  That is not how God's love works, or functions.... Yet many believers are working to get God's love., working to get God's acceptance.... working to get God to love them.........and they never feel it, ever..... because God's love is FREELY given.
      You noticed the reward of simply asking God in prayer ?   = "that your JOY might be full"... = Blessing.
      God wants this for you.  This is How He loves you.... He loves by GIVING and GIVING, and never is this based on your performance.  Its always and only based on God's nature.... God is a giver... God is LOVE.  God loves YOU.

• By Tzephanyahu
      Shalom All, 
      Here's an article that might help someone. Either athesists wondering why bother to even read the Bible, or believers wanting a handy page to refer when in need! Topics covered include:
      Most controversial book in history Miraclous design Survivability   www.faithandtheword.com/bother/withbible
      May it encourage at least one precious soul decide to pick up a Bible, by His Grace. 
      Love & Shalom 
    • By Tzephanyahu
      Shalom All, 
      Here's an article that's perfect for those of us that who want more from Bible reading time, in need of inspiration to read regularly or interested in how to hear from the Father by reading it. Topics covered include:
      The school of the Holy Spirit Biblical meditation  Safety spiritually and theologically  www.faithandtheword.com/bother/reading
      I hope someone gets a kick out of it. 
      May Yahweh, the Great King, bless your reading time, which is the blessed moment we get to absorb His wonderful words. 
      Love & Shalom