Sign in to follow this  
Behold

How to understand the "TRINITY"

16 Draw near to Me, hearken to this; in the beginning I did not speak in secret, from the time it was, there was I, and now, the Lord God has sent me, and His spirit.

טזקִרְב֧וּ אֵלַ֣י שִׁמְעוּ־זֹ֗את לֹ֚א מֵרֹאשׁ֙ בַּסֵּ֣תֶר דִּבַּ֔רְתִּי מֵעֵ֥ת הֱיוֹתָ֖הּ שָׁ֣ם אָ֑נִי וְעַתָּ֗ה אֲדֹנָ֧י יֱהֹוִ֛ה שְׁלָחַ֖נִי וְרוּחֽוֹ:

This is why I love having access to original HEBREW!!

The Lord God has sent me (who is me) = Isaiah

Isaiah proves he was filled with the Holy Spirit even in the Old Testament, but so do all of the prophets prove they were filled with the Holy Spirit.

Isaiah is saying here (([[like I would say to those I speak to]])): BY THE HOLY SPIRIT, GOD HAS SENT ME TO YOU!!

by saying, BY THE HOLY SPIRIT, GOD HAS SENT ME TO YOU!!  does not mean 2 entities told me to do something.    It means, God through His Holy Spirit sent me.

Genesis 6:

3 And the LORD said, My Spirit shall not always strive with man,

Genesis 6 explains in plain language the Spirit (Holy Spirit) is His OWN SPIRIT (Personal Spirit) like you and I have our own/personal spirit...WE ARE after all, made in His LIKENESS!!

We are NOT made in the likeness of angels.

16 minutes ago, childoftheking said:

Gen. 1:26, "Then God said, 'Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness

Gen. 11:7, "Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language

Since we know Elohim in the Hebrew Language and in the Biblical sense is ALWAYS ONE/SINGULAR, we know that God always goes to His Divine Council before making decisions:

Earlier in this thread I provide a chapter showing God speaking to His Divine Council and them speaking back to God before God made a decision pertaining to mankind.

And we know Angels had children with human women so they (Angels) and God have the same LIKENESS to us humans.

Species can only reproduce with LIKE species!!

Mankind is NOT made in the likeness of angels.  Mankind is made in God's image

While I do NOT agree with many of the roman catholic doctrines and teachings. I do know and understand that the roman catholic catechism that you cited is NOT a bible version. It never was a bible translation; rather it is an extra biblical literature that is a summary of the official teachings of Roman Catholic beliefs.

While it is true that the word “trinity” does not specifically appear in scripture. The teaching of the trinity is there and is why I posted scriptures. For it is not conveyed in one single scripture, but many scriptures as a whole. God is a trinity of persons consisting of one substance and one essence but only ONE God

God made the Angels in His LIKENESS, so by proxy, if we our made in God's LIKENESS, we are made also in the LIKENESS of the Angels!!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, appy said:

While I do NOT agree with many of the roman catholic doctrines and teachings. I do know and understand that the roman catholic catechism that you cited is NOT a bible version. It never was a bible translation; rather it is an extra biblical literature that is a summary of the official teachings of Roman Catholic beliefs.

While it is true that the word “trinity” does not specifically appear in scripture. The teaching of the trinity is there and is why I posted scriptures. For it is not conveyed in one single scripture, but many scriptures as a whole. God is a trinity of persons consisting of one substance and one essence but only ONE God

Where does the WORD PERSONS exist at?

You are using an ENGLISH BIBLE that is 3rd translation from Greek/Latin vulgate, and 2nd translation from the Hebrew.

If you know YOUR CURRENT CANON is a translation, why do you REFUSE to use the actual Hebrew that explains Elohim means ONE?

example:

Exodus

6 And He said, "I am the ELOHIM of your father, the ELOHIM of Abraham, the ELOHIM of Isaac, and the ELOHIM of Jacob." And Moses hid his face because he was afraid to look toward ELOHIM. 

ווַיֹּ֗אמֶר אָֽנֹכִי֙ אֱלֹהֵ֣י אָבִ֔יךָ אֱלֹהֵ֧י אַבְרָהָ֛ם אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִצְחָ֖ק וֵֽאלֹהֵ֣י יַֽעֲקֹ֑ב וַיַּסְתֵּ֤ר משֶׁה֙ פָּנָ֔יו כִּ֣י יָרֵ֔א מֵֽהַבִּ֖יט אֶל־הָֽאֱלֹהִֽים:

How can "I AM," whom we know in John 8 is Yeshua, claim He is ELOHIM and mean more than ONE?

Edited by childoftheking

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Behold
      Many believers do not enjoy their Christianity as they should because they have an idea of God, and how to deal with Him, and how He deals with them, that is remarkably wrong.
      There are many born again Saints whose entire idea of fellowship with God is not  friendship, is not a love relationship, is not family..... but its a sort of a "how do i make myself worthy enough for God to be nice to me and accept me".
      Its almost a sort of mild performance anxiety mental issue,  where the believer has not been able to accept or believe that God loves them because God is LOVE and that is what He does, because that is who He is......in reality.
      Instead they are forever straining at the straps, earning, stressing, ever seeking to perform enough, long enough, so that God can accept them.
      And truly, this performance based Christian mentality is a straight jacket of misery, and if you are wearing it, i want to offer you a verse to meditate on so that you get a True Vision of the God who saved you, and not because you earned it, but only because "God so loved YOU", that even if you were the only person in the world, He still would have sent His Blessed Son to the Cross just to bring YOU home to His Kingdom and into His heart.
      Look at this verse... and see the real God, your Father.
      John 16:24
      "and hitherto have you asked nothing in my name :   ASK and you shall receive, that your JOY MAY BE FULL.""
      Now, let me expound this just a little .........
      "what are you waiting for?.....ask me.... im your Father.....I love you......and i want to give to you my blessing so that your joy may be full"
      Now, did you notice what you are to do to earn this fullness of Joy that God wants to give you?
      Answer.) = nothing
      You dont earn it.    And the reason is, .. God's love for you is not a performance based rewards system.    He is not up there taking notes and awarding and subtracting reward points, and if you finally do enough and get enough points, you finally get a blessing.
      That is not God.  That is not how God's love works, or functions.... Yet many believers are working to get God's love., working to get God's acceptance.... working to get God to love them.........and they never feel it, ever..... because God's love is FREELY given.
      You noticed the reward of simply asking God in prayer ?   = "that your JOY might be full"... = Blessing.
      God wants this for you.  This is How He loves you.... He loves by GIVING and GIVING, and never is this based on your performance.  Its always and only based on God's nature.... God is a giver... God is LOVE.  God loves YOU.

• By Tzephanyahu
      Shalom All, 
      Here's an article that might help someone. Either athesists wondering why bother to even read the Bible, or believers wanting a handy page to refer when in need! Topics covered include:
      Most controversial book in history Miraclous design Survivability   www.faithandtheword.com/bother/withbible
      May it encourage at least one precious soul decide to pick up a Bible, by His Grace. 
      Love & Shalom 
    • By Tzephanyahu
      Shalom All, 
      Here's an article that's perfect for those of us that who want more from Bible reading time, in need of inspiration to read regularly or interested in how to hear from the Father by reading it. Topics covered include:
      The school of the Holy Spirit Biblical meditation  Safety spiritually and theologically  www.faithandtheword.com/bother/reading
      I hope someone gets a kick out of it. 
      May Yahweh, the Great King, bless your reading time, which is the blessed moment we get to absorb His wonderful words. 
      Love & Shalom 
    • By Behold
      Sometimes a believer finds that they are not happy/content/satisfied within their heart.
      This didnt happen to them overnight, but rather it happened over time, gradually.
      One day they realized that they have not felt peace, or contentment, or hope,.......... in a while.
      So what happened. >>>> ???
      Well, often its a very simple situation.  Common..... And this is...... that you are a person of real faith, who really committed to Jesus at one point.  You were all in.  totally offered, totally submitted, devoted, sold out.
      And when you were this, when you were that person, this is the REAL YOU, this is your NEW IDENTITY "In Christ".. =  you came to live within a born again place in God, a shelter and foundation in Christ, that removed you pretty much from the world.   This is your "spiritual first love", and that is how it feels when you are in that place of submission and heart willingness.
      There was that time when all that mattered was Jesus.  He was not just a name to you, or a distant figure on a cross, but He had become your wholeness, your inner completeness, your joy.
      But now, you dont find this to be who you are, anymore.  You feel so different.  So, its time that you go back to who you really are, who you are remade to be, by the Father thru Christ.
      So, simply, the problem is....once you have tasted the heavenly gift, the goodness of God, (born again)  and have known this complete inner sense of wellness & of wholeness ......then if you slip away from this spiritual position,  you will eventually really miss it.
      Understand....that once you are no longer living and walking  in the light, then you are living in the dark, and when you are there you won't realize what has happened to you, until you DO realize it.
      See, spiritual darkness is a veil over your mind, and because it veils gradually, you really don't notice it as you enter into more and more of the dark.
      And when you are truly back in the dark, you start trying to fill your "Jesus void" with stuff...with activities, with TV, with everything that the eye can find to want to do.   And when your inner diet becomes completely again all that the world has to offer you, you will eventually, if you are a true child of God, find yourself feeling empty, lifeless, unhappy..... Joyless.   As all these feelings are the  fruit of the inner man, when the inner man is feeding on the diet the dark world offers.
      Saint, the world offers you 3  feelings.    Fleshy carnal fleeting happiness.   A complete lack of satisfaction. And absolutely no contentment.    Do you feel any of this, or all of this?
      Jesus is the opposite of all those, and what He imparts into you, is not only the remedy for those negative feelings, but a God created Joy and Wholeness and Wellness in your inner being that the world does not understand and can never provide.
      WE the born again are referred to as a "peculiar people", (in some NT versions) and that is how the world SEES us, because we do not live for the world, yet, we live in it.  So, to the unbeliever, this is odd, this is not "normal" regarding their POV.
      So, if you are connecting with what im saying right now, then that is what has happened or is happening to you, IF....... you are the one who is hearing me right now.
      So, Saint..... to remedy this situation, to DEPART from this  dark place that you are become inside yourself, you have to realize that you are not who you are in there....... and that is why you can't find the peace you want in your heart for a while now.
      The real peace you want is found and is kept when you are back to who you are, back to the place of endless wholeness and joy.    Back to the loving arms and tender care of Jesus.  Back to "first love".  And you cannot ever again be satisfied or content with anything less.  And when you try, you will always feel empty, and you will always feel wrong.
      Go home....
      Jesus is the Light, and He leaves it on for you all the time.  Its where you belong now and forever.