Sign in to follow this  
Behold

How to recognize Legalism

5 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I prayed.... “ God forgive me”....... nothing has been the same since .

If you go through each hour of every day with evil thoughts that would shame hell itself, and you don't help people who are hungry, need something to wear and shelter, when it is in your power to do so, as you said in your next post, what changed?  Even most OSAS believers that I know don't live like that.  People will occasionally have a bad thought pop in their mind, but not like you described, and sometimes that is not a sin.  The devil will bring bad thoughts.  We are taught to take them captive.  They become sin if we dwell on them rather than cast them out.  What you are saying is playing into the stereotype of how OSAS believers are perceived, and even I don't automatically believe they are all living in constant sin.

14 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Something indeed is wrong .....if I knew you like God does, I would  likely vomit on my keyboard and the same  goes DOUBLE for me.I know the cure for all of my Wrongness.....Grace. You may fool yourself with your assessment of your pure thought life.You don’t fool anybody with an ounce of self- insight about your thoughts.If your thoughts are so pure , would you agree to let somebody broadcast all your thoughts for the last week or so in a slide show presentation that the whole world could see ?

If what you are saying is for real, you are proving to everyone that OSAS style Christians don't live right and are no different than the worst sinners.  I would ask others who hold to OSAS.  Does what Bloodbought1953 said represent your Christian walk?

5 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I prayed.... “ God forgive me”....... nothing has been the same since .

Again I must ask, what is not the same?

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

Again I must ask, what is not the same?

“ All things are new........” too many things to list.....one thing is I can’t get my nose out of a Bible that used to mean nothing to me.....maybe some day when I am more ambitious I will post a long list - VERY long...

another thing —- you would not catch me dead on a Christian forum, except to get on it and stir up trouble and call everybody here “ losers” that can’t handle life without a crutch of religion

another thing , albeit small .....Christmas Carols actually have meaning

and touch my heart

another thing..... I light up when I hear the name Jesus.....

thats all you get for now .....lol

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

9 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

“ All things are new........” too many things to list.....one thing is I can’t get my nose out of a Bible that used to mean nothing to me.....maybe some day when I am more ambitious I will post a long list - VERY long...

another thing —- you would not catch me dead on a Christian forum, except to get on it and stir up trouble and call everybody here “ losers” that can’t handle life without a crutch of religion

another thing , albeit small .....Christmas Carols actually have meaning

and touch my heart

another thing..... I light up when I hear the name Jesus.....

thats all you get for now .....lol

And yet, things like a filthy mind and an unwillingness to help those in need remains, according to what you said, and that is what you are promoting on a Christian message board.

13 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

And yet, things like a filthy mind and an unwillingness to help those in need remains, according to what you said, and that is what you are promoting on a Christian message board.

ya got me, Firm.....that’s what I am all about.....promoting filthy minds and ignoring the poor....can’t fool a sharp guy like you, can I?  Give me a break, will ya?

Just now, Blood Bought 1953 said:

ya got me, Firm.....that’s what I am all about.....promoting filthy minds and ignoring the poor....can’t fool a sharp guy like you, can I?  Give me a break, will ya?

You said you sin every hour of every day, your thoughts are so bad, hell would blush and made out like it is the norm for Christians to turn a blind eye to the poor.  You have said heaven will be full of scoundrels and sinners because they believe, faith plus nothing.  It is there for all to read.   That is what you teach.

One thing about speaking online; we don't have the visual cues of facial expressions and verbal tone of voice to always know for sure the tone and context of someone else's post. Sometimes it is hard to know if someone is being sarcastic/ironic or not. Using sarcastic/ironic remarks in replies to others in written form does not appear to be the best way to get a point across without risking the reader taking the reply to heart too deeply and reading between the lines when none was intended. The reader also needs to recognize that there is the possibility of this taking place and not jump to conclusions about someone else, that they have not personally met. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

You said you sin every hour of every day, your thoughts are so bad, hell would blush and made out like it is the norm for Christians to turn a blind eye to the poor.  You have said heaven will be full of scoundrels and sinners because they believe, faith plus nothing.  It is there for all to read.   That is what you teach.

Hell is full of sinners.   Heaven is full of Saved Sinners.

What is the difference?    Nothing.   People are corrupt.  They are sinners.  They are born into sin, and they are sinning after they are saved.   The difference is, Hell awaits those who decided to reject Christ and  face God as their eternal Judge, and Heaven is full of sinners who received Christ for their Salvation, and will face God as Father.

Legalists have this idea that there is some supreme difference between the inner nature of a saved person and the inner nature of the lost sinner.   However, Both have fallen Adamic natures.   But what IS Different is that God has accepted the one, (born again) because of the Cross, and He will reject the other who rejected the Cross.

A legalist will rant endlessly about works, and law, and lifestyle, and self effort.   A born again Christian will talk about the One who reached out from the Cross, saved their soul,  and took them Home in their end.

Big difference.

Edited by Behold

8 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

I know at least three murderers that will be there.....Moses, David and Paul.....

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Michael37
      Musing about heaven ~
      My first day in heaven never ends, it never turns to night.
      In heaven I know everyone, we all know each other. 
      No-one and nothing annoys me in heaven and no-one is annoyed by me.
      We all love each other and are united in Christ as we never cease worshipping God in all we do.
      My spiritual body never goes wrong in heaven.
      In heaven I don't need sleep.
      Nothing bad ever happens or goes wrong, and there are no arguments in heaven.
      Everyone is like Christ.
      1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it does not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
    • By Behold
      With all the talk about OSAS and Legalism and Repenting and all this STUFF.........
      I thought it would be a good idea to show you an idea of how to think about salvation so that its really made to be understood ....as so very simple.
      Here we go..
      Adam had the righteousness of God.   He was made this way....(let us make man in our image....same as us, regarding spirituality)........Adam had God's Spirit in him.   He was "righteous"......exactly like God.
      When he disobeyed, ate the apple...... He lost his Righteousness...and he spiritually died.    ..He was no longer ONE with God, and had became "fallen"....or you could think of it as..,,,,, disconnected from God's Spirit and LIFE.
      Salvation is God reconnecting you to him, exactly as Adam was connected to God, before He fell.
      So, What had to happen so that WE who have this "adamic nature", this unrighteousness as our very spiritual SELVES........... what had to happen so that we could AGAIN be like the 1st Adam,=  "sinless", "righteous?
      What had to happen, so that we could be reestablished as the same RIGHTEOUS, as the original Adam?
      Well, Jesus, the 2nd Adam, had to come and die, and give us HIS Righteousness, so that we are reestablished like Adam was spiritually..... before Adam the 1st lost his righteousness.
      See it?
      So, Salvation, is God reestablishing us, as the same RIGHTEOUSNESS, as Adam had before he fell.    Its the same "one with God" in Spirit, that is our "born again" redemption.
      This is the effect of being BORN AGAIN......we are SPIRITUALLY remade the same as the 1st Adam before he fell, because the 2nd Adam, (Jesus), took our sin and died for it all, and gave us in place of our sin, ..his very righteousness.
      "the gift of Righteousness".   
      So, this recreates us...(born again) to be the same as Adam was, SPIRITUALLY, BEFORE HE FELL.
      This is what Salvation does for us.
      This is BORN AGAIN.<

blessings, 

<B><
    • By Behold
      I wanted to talk to you about your Salvation, which is your  personal and private relationship with God.
      Maybe you are not enjoying it.  Maybe its become a dead weight in your heart, that gives no joy, no life, and no hope.
      Many Christians are exactly like this.   They have long ago trusted the Lord, they are born again, and yet, over time, what use to be LIFE in them is now a slow torture.   Almost a misery.
      So, let me talk to you about this, and lets easily solve this so that you can once again know how it use to be when you were first saved, and life was BRAND NEW, and all you wanted to do was have more of God.
      Remember ?
      To get back THERE........is very easy to do.   Its not a slow progression back.  And in fact, i want you to see this picture in your mind....
      Take a look...
       You see a path that is leading across a  pretty field, and at the end of the path is a yard, and a small white cottage stands in the yard.  Its in the early evening, not quite dark, its Springtime and there are candles burning in the windows. In all the windows, there are candles glowing a golden glow.   The brown wooden front door is wide open, and standing on the porch, by the open door, all dressed in white is Jesus.  Its Jesus.  He is standing there.  He is looking across the yard, and into the path.   He is looking at you because you stopped just before you walked across the yard to Him.   You can see His face.    He is smiling gently at you.  You notice that His arms are open as if to give you a warm hug.   Then you see what you really didnt expect.   You see that Jesus has tears in His Eyes.   In His eyes are tears.   These tears are for you.  These are tears of longing, and hope, and joy,  because He has wanted you to come home, and has been waiting, and waiting, and waiting....    And now you are there.      So... Go to the Lord.     Go Home.
      -
      -
      Ok, if you are away from the Lord for a while, there are generally  only a few reasons.
      One, is that you have been sinning, and you feel so guilty and condemned in your heart.
      Two, is that you have some bitterness in your life.   Maybe a divorce.  Maybe someone you loved died.   Maybe you are just very unhappy with your life.  Its such a struggle.  But what you are feeling is that you blame God.  You blame Jesus.    You are angry at them..
      Three,  Maybe a Christian has hurt you.   Maybe a church has greatly disappointed you.   Maybe both, and you are just not wanting to be a part of any of this, anymore.
      Now there are other things i can list, but, ive learned that most of us, when we are not close to the Lord, ... its because of those 3, so, no matter what your reason might be, ..being away from the Lord is the same empty feeling, its the same sense of no direction and no hope, yet its so very easy to solve this situation, whatever it is, that is keeping you away from God who loves you.

So, How do you get back?   Well this is very simple.   You see that picture i gave you?   You see that Jesus?   He is there all the time, just like that.   And yet what we do sometimes, is we dont see Him like this when we are not close to God and Christ.    Instead we see our feelings, our disappointments...... we feel our  guilty condemnation... and our bad feelings lead us to believe that God is upset with us, and in fact, He is not.     God is Love, you see.    And the only thing He will ever do or feel, towards His Child, which you are, is to feel Love towards you.   God's only thoughts toward you, His Child, are good thoughts.  God only and always wants the best for you.   God is love, and that is all He ever has to give you.    And this love, is expressed into your life and into your heart as His favor, blessing, peace, hope, power, self control, and Love.   
      Now, i listed 3 reasons that might be the reason you are not as close to the Lord as you were once.  And if you are reading this, it could be because you are someone who feels that God is so distant and you are so unworthy.       And.... no matter the reason, or the reasons, and no matter how you feel...... God is always at the door, waiting for you.  Jesus is never going to turn you away.   He will never require you to do anything so that He would accept you or love you.   God's love is REAL LOVE, because it is unconditional.     You see, God loves you, because that is what He does....That is who He is.... And His Love's only requirement is that you Let Him Love You.   And THAT, my brother or my sister,..... is how you return to God and Christ.    You realize His Love and you allow It for yourself.   You allow it for yourself....  And when you do, and as soon as you do, you will feel His presence, and you will know it.   And no matter what you have done, or what you have felt,   if you will just see Jesus, standing at the door, looking at you, ... then you can understand How God Loves YOU.
      Let God love you.    Allow God to Love you......   He is still waiting...... always.

<B><