• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,083
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Worthy News Brief - May 17, 2019

Friend, He understands our sufferings more than you know!

Isaiah 53:4-5 Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted (me-u-neh). But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.

Hebrews 12:2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Romans 8:16-18 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs--heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

When I studied Isaiah 53 earnestly in the ancient Hebrew, I was taken back by the Hebrew word for "afflicted" (me-u-neh). In modern Hebrew, this word means "tortured". When I was young, and first learned what torture actually involved, my soul was shocked that this could happen to people; in fact that it was happening to people. That a person could be kept alive for the purpose of intentionally causing him intense agonizing pain was an astounding enigma for my young soul. It really frightened me; and I think that fear of torture is probably the greatest fear that humans can experience. We read about people who have been tortured, with a kind of horrified awe. And quietly we wonder inside, "How can this be?" And, "Could this ever happen to me?"

Crucifixion was a form of torture which the ancient Romans used frequently. And while I had a concept of the suffering that our Messiah endured for us, for some reason the understanding that He was tortured for our iniquities brought my awareness to a new level. I did not begin to appreciate or fathom the suffering Yeshua went through. His identification with our suffering and our sin was total, and His experience of this torture so fully absorbed Him that He experienced what must have felt like infinite isolation and pain. Somehow, this is a deep comfort; to know that the Son of God understands by experience, torture, and suffering unthinkable.

But then, I suddenly realized that I also could not begin to comprehend the glory that awaited Him after His suffering. And that His suffering purchased for me a portion in that glory as well. It was the other side of the story, and somehow, these two extremes complement one another; suffering, and glory. The apostle Paul states his revelation about our sufferings with almost light-hearted conviction; that they are not even “worthy” to be compared with the glory that awaits us. This, to me, could be the most amazing promise in all of scripture.

Friend, suffering is everywhere, a constant part of this life; it may be you, or someone you love, or people you don't even know but are agonizing over and praying for. This world casts suffering in every direction at every level of intensity. But all of it, every flaming ounce of it has been successfully absorbed into the body of Yeshua the Messiah. He was tortured for us – suffered death for us – so that our sufferings are trifles in the light of eternity. It's been said this way: from heaven, the most miserable earthly life will look like one bad night in a cheap hotel. Thank the Lord.

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Arad, Israel

Editor's Note: Check out our new Facebook page for answering readers questions about news, politics, religion, Israel, and ministry.

Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting our work online and in Israel! Thank you for your prayers and gifts! Together, we are making a difference for the Kingdom!
Around the World
Iran's regional proxies ensure it will never fight alone
In the event of war with the United States, Iran 'will not be alone.'
Chinese, Russian hypersonic weapons advances a growing concern, Air Force chief says
The U.S. cannot turn a blind eye to Russia and China’s rapid advances in the field of hypersonic weapons and must expedite efforts to build up its own weapons in the field, the Air Force’s top official said Thursday.
US official: Iranian missiles spotted on boats in Gulf
A US official said Thursday that Iranian missiles loaded on small boats in the Persian Gulf were among the 'threats' that have triggered a beefed-up military deployment in the region.
Kurdistan region worried as U.S. and Iran tensions grow
Top Iranian general Qassem Soleimani has met with Iran-linked Iraqi militias in Baghdad, telling them to 'prepare for proxy war,' according to a report Thursday, amid rapidly rising tensions between the Washington and Tehran.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict
US Republicans launch bid to force House vote on BDS
Republicans want to force a vote on a controversial bill meant to oppose the anti-Israel boycott.

Inside the United States
Trump Announcing New Immigration Plan, Border Security, Legal Citizenship Key
After years of setbacks and stalemates, President Trump is announcing a new immigration plan Thursday at the White House. He's calling for sweeping changes, but Democrats say his plan ignores a critical issue.
Congressional leaders briefed on classified Iran threat
Congressional leaders received a classified briefing on Iran from the White House Thursday following criticism that lawmakers have been kept out of the loop about recent military moves in the Middle East.
Missouri passes "one of the strongest" abortion bills yet in U.S.
Missouri's Republican-led Senate has passed a wide-ranging bill to ban abortions at eight weeks of pregnancy, acting only hours after Alabama's governor signed a near-total abortion ban into law. The Missouri bill needs another vote of approval in the GOP-led House before it can go to Republican Gov. Mike Parson, who voiced support for an earlier version Wednesday.

Christian News
Christianity a Threat to Chinese National Security, Xi Jinping's Government Determines
"Christianity’s Enormous Harm on China’s Security" is the title of the most recent seminar held by party officials of the Chinese communist party, which took place in Henan last month amidst Xi Jinping’s campaign to assimilate all Chinese house churches into the communist-controlled Three-Self Patriotic Movement (TSPM).
Promise Keepers to relaunch men's ministry with first stadium rally in 20 years
After years of fading and stagnation, the once popular evangelical men’s ministry Promise Keepers is ushering in a 'new era' with plans to host its first national stadium event in over two decades next summer in Texas.
21 Christian leaders: Equality Act would gut religious freedom protections
Twenty-one prominent conservative Christian leaders including Franklin Graham and James Dobson are calling on congressional leaders to oppose the pro-LGBT Equality Act because of the 'threats to religious liberty' the legislation poses.

Letters to the Editor

Editor's Note
If you would like to submit a note to the editor, simply hit reply. Be sure to add your name and location!

We're looking for intercessors to pray for our ministry online and in Israel. If you're interested, please send an email to george [@] worthyministries.com.

If you'd like to get a copy of our family newsletter, please send george [@] worthyministries.com an email.

Friend, help spread WORTHY BRIEFS, now reaching 126 countries daily! Forward this brief to a friend!

IMPORTANT NOTE: To ensure delivery of your Worthy Brief please add worthynewsbrief [@] worthynetwork.com to your address book or approved senders list.

If you're having problems receiving your Worthy Brief, click here!

Follow Us on Facebook
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions
George Whitten

Follow Us on Twitter
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions

Support our Ministry
Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting Worthy Network with a tax-deductible gift! You can give online OR send gifts to:

Worthy Ministries
106 Sheffield Place
Franklin, TN 37067-4437

Please include your email address in the memo section of your check or money order so we can keep in touch a bit easier than sending mail overseas.

This email was sent to <<Email Address>>

unsubscribe from this list | Update Subscription Preferences

Worthy News · 106 Sheffield Place · Franklin, TN 37067-4437 · USA