• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

24 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

I like the avatar intermingled with the Menorah on top, Star of David in the middle, and Ichthys symbol on the bottom. Referring it as a 'dingle-dongle' does baffle the mind a bit, bit I get you're point of view.

The dingle-dongle is known as the Messianic Seal. There are two opinions about it's origin. Some say that is was found amongst first century artifacts, of Jerusalem, as I recall. It's discoverer has pictures of them, but there is no way to know from pictures, if the items are authentic. As I recall also, this person has a copyright on the design, which would make using it here as an avatar, or making art or jewelry from it, a violation of law.

Others say, it is a hoax, has no real history, and is a 20th Century concoction. Where the truth lies, I do not know. I also do not know where these alleged artifacts are, never heard of them being in a museum or anything, but I am not that interesting if finding out. The Star of David, has it's own interesting history.

As to the question of the O.P., 4 and 6, the others are pretty much worthless for the purpose. The taxation is theft argument, I have made in some circumstances, but that has nothing to do with my status as a believer, it is just a reflection of my status as an original constitutionalist (U.S.).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, Pekoudah said:

How do you let people know you’re a Christian?

1. Hopefully by my actions

2. Taxation is theft

3. Tell them you eat Chick-fil-A at least once a week

4. I tell them I'm a Christian

5. Use the word grace or saved (or both) in every sentence.

6. Talk? To people?

Without speaking any words by your integrity, character, morals and values. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

38 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

The dingle-dongle is known as the Messianic Seal. 

Oh my! Thanks Omega,  for the clarifications. I shall take my seat amongst the 'dunce section' once again! 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven

9 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Oh my! Thanks Omega,  for the clarifications. I shall take my seat amongst the 'dunce section' once again! 

LOL, I see no need for that!  :) 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,524
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Ha, found there are other uses for the words, guess I had better delete them from my vocabulary.

Still would like to have the boldness to have the avatar as a tattoo. But, I lack that boldness.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven

53 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Without speaking any words by your integrity, character, morals and values. 

That is a good thought missmuffet, you are half way there! I know many people, who are not believers, whose general integrity, character, morals and values make a better impression than many believers I know. Without words, no one will know if you are a Christian. It takes words AND actions. For most people, actions speak louder that words, but what to that actions actually say? They say "This is a nice person!"

On the other hand, what do the words say or evoke in people?

• With the actions, they say: "Wow, this Christian thing has made this person, someone to be admired, too bad more people are not like this!"
  • Without actions, they say: "Oh look, there goes another Christian hypocrite!"

As James 2 says, faith and works go together. Works can be the result of  faith, but Mormons, as one example, do many fine works, but they are not Christans. How does an outsider know you are authentic? You show them with your conduct, and let them know the reason for you conduct with words about your relationship to Christ, otherwise they can only try to guess.

The individual that comes to my mind when the words integrity, character, morals and values, are used  is my father, now deceased, an absolute atheist.

I do believe that God does not want His own to sit and be of integrity, and to sit and be of Good character, and to sit and be moral and have values.

He wants, He commands that each that have been called to their salvation  join in going into all the parts of this world with declaration of His gospel.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

If nonbelievers can't tell I am different then them, I'm doing something wrong!  Believers will know automatically.  Usually, when they notice the difference, a conversation comes up.  We are to live the life chosen for us by God.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, OneLight said:

We are to live the life chosen for us by God.

Yes,  Seems it works that way regardless. Least I find I do not get free reign. The yoke may ride lightly, but it is there and I go the way I am directed whether I see the reason, the goal, or even have the desire to go at all or not.

Just  in the past hours got brought up to a halt from the pathway I had thought was God's will. Turns out it is not. It was my third serious attempt at going along that pathway. I am not especially bright, but I am not so dumb as to go with a fourth attempt. Praise God in all things. I give thanks for this  third time last minute disruption to my well thought out plan of action. 

While not big on sitting around and waiting on my Lord, I sure am not going to force proceeding  on this one anymore either. Amazing and so awesome is  my God, my creator, my savior. I praise Him and give Him my humbled yet again thanks.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

That is a good thought missmuffet, you are half way there! I know many people, who are not believers, whose general integrity, character, morals and values make a better impression than many believers I know. Without words, no one will know if you are a Christian. It takes words AND actions. For most people, actions speak louder that words, but what to that actions actually say? They say "This is a nice person!"

On the other hand, what do the words say or evoke in people?

• With the actions, they say: "Wow, this Christian thing has made this person, someone to be admired, too bad more people are not like this!"
  • Without actions, they say: "Oh look, there goes another Christian hypocrite!"

As James 2 says, faith and works go together. Works can be the result of  faith, but Mormons, as one example, do many fine works, but they are not Christans. How does an outsider know you are authentic? You show them with your conduct, and let them know the reason for you conduct with words about your relationship to Christ, otherwise they can only try to guess.

Then the believers had better grow in their faith a little more.